The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Is this a list people are helping to compile?
I do remember several more engagements in the fall of 1981 off the top of my head>
One concert where she fell asleep and it was later learned she was pregnant with William, another, with Charles in the city of London, the day after they'd announced the pregnancy. Didn't they do a tour of Wales soon after that too?

Old 04-24-2014, 11:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

That would be the tour in October - went for three days.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diana did so much within her years as HRH Princess of Wales it's not even funny.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

June 6 and June 11, 1983

I'll add two I witnessed myself

June 6, attending the premiere of the James Bond film, Octo*****.
Diana wore the silver one-shouldered gown.

June 11, Trooping the Colour. Diana rode in a carriage with the Queen Mother.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Mr O'Donovan's figures are available somewhere going back that far but I can only get totals and not for every year sadly. I don't know where to get the CC prior to 1997 and that is my problem.
I'm not sure if this would be helpful, but I'm sure it will probably be a lot of work. The CC is usually listed in the London Times and copies of Times doing back decades are usually available online or at the library or your school might have access.

I do not know if the Times' version is different than what you are using for the weekly updates.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

My school doesn't have access and you have to pay for The Times - which is the same thing as on the Monarchy website - but they are only back to 1997.

I might invest in the subscription for a year but not until I have paid off my mortgage as in the meantime my budget won't stretch that far.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Hopefully all the polo matches were not considered part of royal duties.

During the early years, except for the foreign tours, based on the above 'engagements' , she did very little besides attending galas, concerts and polo matches. Hopefully this is not true and these were just the photos that someone had and not an accurate portrayal of her all royal engagements.
I am glad to see this the comparisons being made by another board between Diana and Catherine have been critical saying Diana worked all the time doing hundreds of royal engagements compared with Catherine the royal gossip forum have accused her of not being George's mother and William not father they even accused William of killing that nurse as a cover up I won't link it but just google it.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaB View Post
I am glad to see this the comparisons being made by another board between Diana and Catherine have been critical saying Diana worked all the time doing hundreds of royal engagements compared with Catherine the royal gossip forum have accused her of not being George's mother and William not father they even accused William of killing that nurse as a cover up I won't link it but just google it.
Places like that take a whole lot of garbage, toss it into a pot and mix it with a whole lot of venom and then Dish it out to the public as fact.

Welcome to TRF Paula!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
My school doesn't have access and you have to pay for The Times - which is the same thing as on the Monarchy website - but they are only back to 1997.

I might invest in the subscription for a year but not until I have paid off my mortgage as in the meantime my budget won't stretch that far.
The Times online facility only goes back as far as 2000.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Majesty

This is a clip from an Australian t.v. program featuring a young girl who met Diana during a mid-90s trip to Australia.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This is a clip from an Australian t.v. program featuring a young girl who met Diana during a mid-90s trip to Australia.
I remember seeing this video. It's was very kind of Diana to meet this brave young lady. I still get chocked up just watching it. I miss Diana a lot. I guess she was just needed elsewhere.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

12 Jan 1990 Diana opens new ChildLine office (ChildLine is a free 24-hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This clip without fail, makes me cry every time I watch!
Old 06-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Thank you for those most interesting and touching video links, Mermaid1962 and Furstin Taxis
Old 06-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

I was still in my 20s when Diana and Charles married and, at the time, loved almost everything she wore (except her wedding dress). But looking back I can see that while we all thought it was the best fashion of the time, now it definitely has a costumy feel to it. I eventually began to think that as she became more and more estranged from the royal family, even though still married to Charles, her clothes took on a "look at me, aren't I better looking than everyone else in the family." At times she looked like a stylish business woman when on solo engagements, but especially when with the whole family, it became obvious she wanted to take the attention away from the other royals.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Diana had charisma, even if she totally had this in mind, people wanted to see her.
No problem Valerie! Thanks to everyone updating this thread :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 10-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 12h12 hours ago
In honour of World Ballet Day the time Princess Diana visited my ballet school @ElmhurstDance:

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-31-2015, 10:07 AM
Majesty

I stumbled over this rare picture: Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales has a table-partner: His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange.

Picture

And now we are speaking about the past: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales receives His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange.

Picture
Old 10-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Duc-Hopefully you can confirm this storythat I read on one of the royal forums years ago. Apparently W-A was invited to attend a formal dinner at Buckingham Palace when he was still at school in Wales. His seat partner was Diana. During the dinner he had a small mishap at the table ie: dropped his fork and muttered something under his breath. Having a teenage brother herself, Diana heard it and laughed along with him putting the young Prince of Orange at ease.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Commoner

If anyone is still interested in this please let me know. I would like to swap information. Especially on the early years. I have access to the Court Circular including the 80s as well as many scrapbooks and clippings.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana