The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Princess also inspired me to do charity work as well.
Every couple of months I donate my blood to The New York Blood Center.
It truly is a great feeling to help those are aren't as fortunate as yourself.
I admire her bravey for walking into a minefield and touching and interacting with lepers.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't say I have ever thought donating blood was charity work. Good for you none the less.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes it is, here in New York there is a shortage of blood for people who are hemophiliacs or who are injured in accidents might need a blood transfusion.
And sometimes hospitals don't have a enough.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Serene Highness

I found this site with links to the charities that the Princess of Wales
supported throughout her public life.
Diana, Princess of Wales - Charities
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's Charities: How Her Children Are Involved
Princess Diana's Charities: How Her Children Are Involved - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Old 11-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Well commented on Jo. I don't think she saw beyond 'The Diana Hospices', her name as a caring person, forever immortalised in lights, (so to speak). I have always maintained that if there had been no photo opportunities with the charities, Diana would not have been interested. You hear of C & C giving money as well as time to their charities but I cannot come up with one occasion when Diana did the same.
That is funny Sky Dragon, because I can think of SO many occasions that I have read about when she went to hospices privately, that I have lost count! She did not give her time? Are you serious?
I must say I disagree!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana was Royal Patron of Chickenshed Theater Company, a inclusive theater company for children and young people- physically and mentally disabled children, and their typically developing peers!:

History : Once Upon a Time, in a Shed...

And she was a very dedicated Royal Patron-

Princess Diana Leaving A Rock Concert By The Chicken Shed

Princess Diana At A Gala Performance By The Chicken Shed

She attended more of their events- these were all the pics I could find...
She even invited the group to KP for lunch!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Majesty

The Chickenshed history was very interesting. I'm glad something like this exists and allows literally anyone to join and perform. I remember hearing them sing at 'Concert for Diana' back in '07, and loved the fact that they performed a song form 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat' called 'Any Dream Will Do'. That song is so appropriate for a group like that, and in general for anyone who dares to follow one's heart. Diana definitely followed her heart and in turn did some wonderful things.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Music Video of Chickenshed's Musical Tribute to Princess Diana- I am in Love With the World-

Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Majesty

Wow! That's one talented group of kids. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana visits Dove House 1992

Princess Diana visits Dove House 1992 | This is Hull and East Riding | Northcliffe Media Group | ikonic by Dipinto
Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Happy birthday Diana. I think the best thing to keep the memory of her is by the little nice things she had done to the people. Hopefully it will be still an inspiration to some people.

QUEEN of all our HEARTS; Diana The people's Princess 1961-1997; Children could see how much she cared. - Free Online Library
Quote:
Emma May also shares the sense of shock and loss. The 16-year-old walks tall today partly thanks to Diana.

The Princess gave her money towards a pounds 20,000 operation to add six inches to her height - and encouraged and comforted her as she recovered.

"I am in deep shock," she said yesterday. "She was such a warm and caring person.

"William and Harry must be more than devastated, and my heart really goes out to them."

Emma was born with the rare Turner's syndrome, which stopped her growing at the age of 10. Her bravery in the face of painful treatment won her a "Champion Children" award in 1991, which Diana presented.

She said: "I wrote to her afterwards telling her about the operation. I didn't expect her to send any money, but I wasn't surprised, because she was so terribly nice. I wrote back to thank her, and the correspondence went on quite a while.

"They were lovely, chatty letters, but she always asked me not to disclose what she wrote and I never will. Not even if I was offered thousands of pounds for them.

"She was like a friend, and I shall treasure her letters always."
HEART GIRL'S SPECIAL CHUM. - Free Online Library
Quote:
As Victoria leaned back on her pillows Diana revealed her innermost thoughts. "She said her favourite times were with her sons at Thorpe Park. "She told how she would try to extra little things for Harry because one day William will be King and he won't.

"She felt a bit sad for him and would go and watch him play cricket and pretend to enjoy it even though she hated the game.

"She still had great affection for Charles and called him 'my husband' even though they were divorced."
Louise was in pain and dying but Di managed to make her giggle; THE CANCER VICTIM. - Free Online Library
Quote:
Louise Woolcock was 21 and a talented language student when she died of cancer in August 1992. And while other family friends found it impossible to cope with the family's grief, Diana kept in touch with regular words of comfort. Here, Louise's father Philip talks of his family's remarkable friendship with the Princess, who remembered the anniversary of Louise's death and kept in touch.
She told me she wasn't scared of dying, so long as she died happy; THE CRASH VICTIM. - Free Online Library
Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great articles. I remember seeing Dean Woodward in TLC's Diana: Story of a Princess documentary. The princess really touched him and his family and of course many others.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

These 2 articles brought tears to my eyes.....

Diana helps a family affected by AIDS-

http://www.princess-diana-remembered..._sunday_03.jpg

Diana gives boy affected by cerebral palsy a fun night at the theater-

http://www.princess-diana-remembered...012_00002a.jpg
@ Daria-
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the article, they are really lovely. I remembered Rebecca's mother had talked about Diana's touch on them in an TV program. I was very touched by that story at that time. Your article gave a bigger picture of it. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana fulfills dream of woman dying of cancer

This article had me in tears.....

http://www.princess-diana-remembered..._sunday_07.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
So true.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
So true.
They were happy tears, seeing what Diana's act of kindness did for Louise.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Diana's private visit to homeless center.

Diana Surprises Homeless - from the Catholic Herald Archive
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

I found a video of Diana in a private visit to homeless in 1994:

Tags
charities, diana princess of wales, patronages, princess diana