The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 08:17 AM
Majesty

Diana's And Camillas Relationship

What kind of relationship did Diana and Camilla have in the beginning?

PRINCESS DIANA AND CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES 1980
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	21638  

Old 10-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Diana's body language around Camilla was defensive, so although Camilla tried to control from the start, Diana tried to resist from the start. Diana managed to get Camilla excluded from the bridal breakfast, so their "friendship" was short-lived.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Majesty

so people wanted them to be friends at first...
Old 02-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

i knew about it!

before Diana was marry to Prince Charles she knew of those present from Camilla "Freds and Gladys" of bracelets but she got upset.

after both got married & children was born but Charles been gone with Camilla after Harry's birth but Diana hates it!

Diana called Camilla as Rotweiller like as "cat and mouse" and also tabloids, magazines too!

after Diana's loses titles Camilla stayed away from Royal Family but Diana wanted stayed apart of their marriage but its already collasped its fault Camilla!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Nobility

In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends. I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles' friends, particularly the women. Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn't cause any trouble. I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles' life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends. I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles' friends, particularly the women. Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn't cause any trouble. I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles' life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.
I been read in Diana's book after she died but i never met her before but i met Prince Charles at Prince's trust i shake him!

I been read Diana's book about Diana been engagement to Prince Charles in 1981 but Diana found out of bracelets of Freds and Gladys but Diana got bigger upset! while Prince Charles been away to Australia about 6 weeks.

after Prince Harry's birth Charles been seen Camilla lots but Diana dont like see him see her lots but Diana told him please dont see Camilla lots since both got marriage but Diana got collaspe because Charles got affair in 1970's with Camilla before Diana Spencer Prince Charles been chat with Camilla on the phone about woman's female of Tampax that really sick things! i did read about it! that really digustings! Prince William told his mummy about Prince Charles he chat with another woman who been chat with female's tampax! that really sick!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Well said Lady Jean!!

And boy did Camilla get a surprise!! AND serves her right too!! Bravo to Diana!!
Old 06-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:04 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:04 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends.&nbsp; I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles&#39; friends, particularly the women.&nbsp; Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn&#39;t cause any trouble.&nbsp; I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles&#39; life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.
Well said Lady Jean&#33;&#33;

And boy did Camilla get a surprise&#33;&#33; AND serves her right too&#33;&#33; Bravo to Diana&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
I think William would let Camilla kick out from Clarence House because Camilla had done&#33; she been affair with his dad Diana told William when he was little boys his mom told him about it but William plans to kick Camilla out from Clarence House its William&#39;s idea&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 06-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

She has always been Prince Charles&#39; "bit on the side". It seems so flipant until one considers that their irresponsible behaviour resulted in the premature death of a young mother and the breakdown of another marraige. It&#39;s sickening for those poor boys, not to mention the Parker-Bowles children. I wish that Charles and his floozy would disappear and do us all a favour.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Commoner

I find it disturbing that Camilla will call Diana a "mouse" and take advantage of a young vunerable at the time person as Diana was. if anything, if she had a heart she would&#39;ve tried to stay away from Charles and get her nose out of someone else&#39;s marriage. There&#39;s always other mates in the sea, why focus on ones that are not yours? I&#39;m not completly blaming Camilla but Charles also on this. Diana still comes out the better woman because she didn&#39;t stoop to camilla&#39;s level and beat her behind like i probabley wouldve did.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by babar100@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:48 am
I find it disturbing that Camilla will call Diana a "mouse" and take advantage of a young vunerable at the time person as Diana was. if anything, if she had a heart she would&#39;ve tried to stay away from Charles and get her nose out of someone else&#39;s marriage. There&#39;s always other mates in the sea, why focus on ones that are not yours? I&#39;m not completly blaming Camilla but Charles also on this. Diana still comes out the better woman because she didn&#39;t stoop to camilla&#39;s level and beat her behind like i probabley wouldve did.
Well said Babar&#33;&#33; I am in total agreement with you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 06-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by angela@Jun 18th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
She has always been Prince Charles&#39; "bit on the side". It seems so flipant until one considers that their irresponsible behaviour resulted in the premature death of a young mother and the breakdown of another marraige. It&#39;s sickening for those poor boys, not to mention the Parker-Bowles children. I wish that Charles and his floozy would disappear and do us all a favour.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Commoner

Ever wonder what CAMILLA thinks?!

I sometimes wonder what Camilla thinks when she's with Prince William...

Here are some possible thoughts that go through her head:

-Diana's charm, looks, and charisma live on in Prince William's captivating presence (something that the public loves, but the public does not even care that much for her own kids)

-Even though Cam is married to Chas she is NOT THE MOTHER OF THE HEIR TO THE THRONE (ouch, she must really hate the fact that her own son will never have a key role!)

-Her own kids will never ever be treated as importantly as Princes William and Prince Harry (more ouches!)

-And, last but not least, "WHY THE HECK DID I NOT MARRY CHAS EARLIER??!?! AARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" (And to this I say: mwa ha ha ha ha!!)

Old 07-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Gentry

I am not a big fan of The Duchess of Cornwall- Given her history with the Prince of Wales- but, I find this post really quite mean spirited.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think those things go through her head, i think she has more important things on her mind, i think she would think that she is lucky enough to be where she is instead of what could have been. I think she is just thinking about what she does have now.

I dont think shes THAT vindictive Bellefleur
Old 07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Ever wonder what CAMILLA thinks?!
not really,and I dont care.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Given that none of us have a clue what Camilla thinks, other than what's written by tabloid journalists trying to make money by exploiting people's feelings about Diana, I don't think this thread is really going anywhere useful, so I'm closing it.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I must say I do agree with you Angela. I would also like to say that I think Diana was reluctant to become friends with Camilla because she knew of their "friendship." She was not happy that Charles and Camilla were getting together behind her back.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Sorry folks. We didn't realize this thread was still open. It hasn't gotten a post in two years.

As longstanding members well know, we've stopped re-hashing the Charles/Diana/Camilla triangle in the forum because tempers will flare.

So we're closing this thread and invite you to join the other conversations in the forum.

ysbel
British forum moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, princess diana, relationships