Diana: The Paul Burrell brother-in-law sex claims, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So maybe this was the deep dark secret he was keeping. Actually maybe not I could probably beleive they may have done it once but no 24/7 I somehow doubt it.

Last edited:
Warren, my point was, if his primary 'affiliation' is homosexual (which I think is just fine), its extremely unlikely that he was 'up' for 'kinky hetero sex' 24/7 at zero notice. Perhaps he could muster an 'interest' once and awhile, but 24/7, dont think so. He was soooooo effemmmmmme.

The chap would hardly have gotten his story's worth (in 'News of the World' currency) if he hadn't sold his name along with it.

Without a doubt, I agree.

I'm guessing it's hardly a cordial relationship between the two. The disgruntled in-law who can't stand the media tramp that is Burrell. Or then again, perahps they are in on it together. It's been a while (in Burrell terms) since that little mole had surfaced at the trial.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's hardly a cordial relationship between the two. The disgruntled in-law who can't stand the media tramp that is Burrell. Or then again, perahps they are in on it together.

I think the first statement is closer to the truth. Maybe the disgruntled brother-in-law is hitting back for his sister. The article did say that Maria would not get much of Paul's money if they divorced. I think Burell's brother-in-law is trying to ruin him, because of his sister unhappiness in her marriage.

I really do not believe that Diana, Princess of Wales would demand sex from Burell 24/7. During his employment she had many other lovers. Of her lovers the only other eliged relationship with someone in her service was her security officer - Manicke sp? who was killed in a motor accident a year after he was relieved of his duty.:flowers:

I can easily imagine Paul going out to buy sex toys for Diana and for indulging her imagination but I can't imagine Diana and Burrell like some odd English couple into deviant behaviour....but then the housekeeper (I think Wendy Berry was her name) of Highgrove did hint at some kinky bedroom antics between Diana, a female friend and Hewitt in her book, "The Housekeeper's Diary". So I guess there was a published precendent into Diana's sexual behaviour. And then there is Hewitt's many, many sordid stories....

Yet on the other hand the brother would have had to get Maria's permission (or even co conspire) to let some of this information go public. He would have never intentionally hurt his sister's feeling unless Maria needed some reason to break away from the marriage. Lots of undercurrents here to muddle through.

Last edited:
<ed Warren> Does this never stop? I don't believe the stories for a moment and the fact alone that more than 10 years after the death of Diana the media is still willing to print such unproven claims gives me the shudders. If Burrell was not such a nasty, slimy piece of work I don't think we would discuss here at all - it's pure shock and disgust, at least on my side. (Think the appropriate smiley after that sentence as my fascination has elements of all these: :D? ;)? :whistling:?:ohmy:?:eek:?:cool:? )

BTW - is it coincidence that Cosgrove gave an interview to the NotW and remembered the bit about the queen, just when similar stories broke about princess Eugenie? I really can imagine the reporter of NotW who had done the initial interview with Cosgrove calling him after he heard about Eugenie and asking: "Did Burrrell ever tell stories about the queen? Maybe he saw her naked once?" And Cosgrove duly delivered for another cheque.... :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because she's the Princess of Wales and therefore is extremely famous ?

Still, he IS his brother in law, not the most perfect person to tell.......i mean, would anyone here admit that you slept with someone else to your in-laws? If it were me, i wouldnt admit it to my brother in law or any in law, regardless if i slept with the most famous woman in the world.

Vulgar jokes and comments have been removed, as well as the more detailed references to sex toys.
Please keep keep in mind the age range of our members when posting.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Isn’t it amazing news? Burrell was Diana’s lover! Burrell stole her tiara too!
By the way, Camilla is an alcoholic! She and Charles have screaming rows every day!
And I’ve heard the ‘Sun’ is coming out with the story tomorrow that Diana once took an axe and attempted to kill Camilla! The ex-girlfriend of the brother of the gardener of the Parker-Bowles’ says he told her! Amazing news, too!
In other words: It’s very hard to believe that this crap story is actually being discussed here in a serious fashion. Someone on the far outskirts of Royalty (the brother.in-law of a Royal butler, for God’s sake) now decided to cash in as well, end of story.
The attitude to be dismissive about British tabloids and those who provide ‘exclusives’ to them is a very reasonable one throughout this forum, and it would be rather mind-boggling if the same common sense was not applied in this case as well.

I hope it suited him.

Glad to hear that some damgage control has begun to happen but still it seems so odd like there is a bit of sordid truth to it all. Paul really does need to sort his obsession out with Diana because we've all got to somehow go forward. His whole life for the past 11 years has been to chase a ghost to the detriment and neglect of his family who are alive and kicking AND SUFFERING mentally and emotionally.

Yes, Paul holds a lot of secrets and yes Paul seems to thrive on his relationship to the Princess yet he seems to be driving his family (and all of us) up the wall.

He needs to let someone else do the merchandising of that "jewelry" and reconnected with a desperately neglected family situation.

That's an interesting point cause if Burrell's wife was getting so upset about is eternal crap, a good scandal created by a revengeful and protective brother could do big damage on Burrell's public image (not that he needed this to disappoint and disgust everyone ...).

Perhaps I have missed it, but I don't seem able to find a denial that he told the brother in law this tale.:rolleyes:

It's not like Diana was particularly choosy in the quality of her friends/companions, btw claivoyants/psychs/healers/the Fayeds/etc.

Precisely! And the comments were allegedly made in about 1993, which was a bad time for Diana. Regardless of all the denials that are being published, the comment has been made and the seeds of doubt sown. It's like telling the jury to ignore evidence they have heard.

Diana was not particularly choosy, so, although unlikely, it is possible. The poor woman had been stuck in a very unhappy marriage for years and she was having a terrible time between 1992 and 1995 and she made some very poor decisions. I've always thought Diana had difficulties with boundaries. She used to visit the kitchens and chat with staff in a way that seemed inappropriate and too familiar to me, and, quite apart from these new allegations, she seems to have had a relationship with Burrell that I've always thought was a bit too close. She shouldn't have been making friends of her butler, which is what he seemed to think she was. And if she did have a fling with him she must have been going through a very low period indeed.

I find this Cosgrove business very sad. If he was trying to cause grief to Burrell and harm his reputation I think he's missed his mark because, after all, what reputation does Burrell have any more? As far as I'm concerned the only one whose reputation is going to be affected is Diana's, and I find myself in the unusual position of wanting to defend her.

For all her faults and poor decisions about personal relationships, Diana was basically a decent human being and loving mother who performed her demanding public duties very conscientiously for many years under considerable stress because of her unhappy marriage. She was loved by a lot of people and in her own way cared about people and did her best. I think it's time to dwell on her good points and not her failings. These new sleazy allegations are completely unwarranted. Even if they are true they help no-one and only serve to harm the reputation of someone who has been dead for over a decade. The timing's all wrong; it's too late to be dredging up new muck like this. The inquest is finally over and IMO Diana should now be allowed to fade into history with dignity and the fairness we would all like to have shown to ourselves and our loved ones. Her loved ones have suffered enough. If she did cross into forbidden territory with Burrell at that difficult time in her life, I think it should have been kept well and truly secret.

Shame on you, Ron Cosgrove. You're a nasty piece of work.

Last edited:
Perhaps I have missed it, but I don't seem able to find a denial that he told the brother in law this tale.:rolleyes:

Why would he deny it? Here he has been trying to flout himself as being the closest person in the world to Diana, and now he is even claiming to have bedded her. There are no lows to which this man will not sink. His word is not worth spit, so even if he does deny he said it, he is lying about something (like always). Even if it is true, what scum to be yelling from the treetops about it. The brother in law is no better. Does he think that such a revelation will not publicly humiliate his sister?:bang:

Precisely! And the comments were allegedly made in about 1993, which was a bad time for Diana. Regardless of all the denials that are being published, the comment has been made and the seeds of doubt sown. It's like telling the jury to ignore evidence they have heard.

Diana was not particularly choosy, so, although unlikely, it is possible. The poor woman had been stuck in a very unhappy marriage for years and she was having a terrible time between 1992 and 1995 and she made some very poor decisions. I've always thought Diana had difficulties with boundaries. She used to visit the kitchens and chat with staff in a way that seemed inappropriate and too familiar to me, and, quite apart from these new allegations, she seems to have had a relationship with Burrell that I've always thought was a bit too close. She shouldn't have been making friends of her butler, which is what he seemed to think she was. And if she did have a fling with him she must have been going through a very low period indeed.

I find this Cosgrove business very sad. If he was trying to cause grief to Burrell and harm his reputation I think he's missed his mark because, after all, what reputation does Burrell have any more? As far as I'm concerned the only one whose reputation is going to be affected is Diana's, and I find myself in the unusual position of wanting to defend her.

For all her faults and poor decisions about personal relationships, Diana was basically a decent human being and loving mother who performed her demanding public duties very conscientiously for many years under considerable stress because of her unhappy marriage. She was loved by a lot of people and in her own way cared about people and did her best. I think it's time to dwell on her good points and not her failings. These new sleazy allegations are completely unwarranted. Even if they are true they help no-one and only serve to harm the reputation of someone who has been dead for over a decade. The timing's all wrong; it's too late to be dredging up new muck like this. The inquest is finally over and IMO Diana should now be allowed to fade into history with dignity and the fairness we would all like to have shown to ourselves and our loved ones. Her loved ones have suffered enough. If she did cross into forbidden territory with Burrell at that difficult time in her life, I think it should have been kept well and truly secret.

Shame on you, Ron Cosgrove. You're a nasty piece of work.

I've always argued against enabling the karma/reputation system at TRF, but I find myself wanting to give out some karma points for this post. Since that isn't possible, I'll just content myself with a :notworthy: :flowers:

The whole thing resembles a sleazy, fictitious, soap opera but with real names to attract attention and make money. Other heart warming true stories about the lovely Diana exist in other sites by people who do not seek to gain profit accompanied by real pictures of the reported deed or the momento. As a Diana fan I get great delight from these accounts and also from watching her two sons.

Check out post #10 of this thread.

From his Florida villa, 50-year-old Burrell hastily issued a statement denying the claims, which he described as 'fanciful, distasteful and malicious'.
He said Mr Cosgrove had invented them out of 'vengeance' after he had refused to give him money.

'I was NOT Diana's lover' says former butler Paul Burrell

posted by... :D

Really, the woman has been dead for years now, just leave her alone.

I don't understand these people, telling trash about others (who can't defend themselves), just to add to their own fame.

My heart bleeds for her two sons. How awfull it must be to have the whole world talking about your mother like that.

Does he have no dignity what so ever?

I don't believe the relationship with Burrell was nearly as cosy as he would like everyone to believe. If you read other books by people who worked with her or knew her well at the time, you get a different perspective and can read about how she actually distanced herself from Burrell at times (you might say she was "putting him in his place" - possibly if he had overstepped the mark) But of course, HE isn't going to tell us THAT side of events, is he....

Respect for the deceased

My grandmother taught me my first latin phrase De Mortuis nihil nisi bene (About the deceased nothing but good).

I have tried to live by that phrase and I think it is about time that not only Mr Burrell and his brother in law but also others are taught some latin. Mr Burrell's behaviour, in the past as well as present, is appalling and Mr Cosgrove seems to have taken lessons from him.

I feel deeply with Princess Diana's sons and her family. Please, let her rest in peace. :angel:

Anybody but me think this was engineered to keep Burrell in the spotlight for his financial endeavors with regards to that awful jewelry line he's going to be pandering?? :whistling:

Anybody but me think this was engineered to keep Burrell in the spotlight for his financial endeavors with regards to that awful jewelry line he's going to be pandering?? :whistling:
No, not just you, I too thought it might be a ploy to enable him to play the 'loyal' servant once again. :whistling:

There is the time after the death of public figures to write serious works about their lives, and this could and should include their drawbacks. But I don't think it's fair to do this to people who've died whose children are still growing and developing their attitudes and morals. The remaining scandal here is that people have said so much about Diana because she's famous and sells well. Because she's dead, people think that they can say anything they want.

My grandmother taught me my first latin phrase De Mortuis nihil nisi bene (About the deceased nothing but good).

:angel:

Anybody but me think this was engineered to keep Burrell in the spotlight for his financial endeavors with regards to that awful jewelry line he's going to be pandering :whistling:
No, not just you, I too thought it might be a ploy to enable him to play the 'loyal' servant once again.
The above two ideas by posters on this forum just don't make me think the brother-in-law told the press about Burell and Diana, Princess of Wales love life for those reasons.

I have see Paul Burell's website (that sell his stuff and talk about him) not running since days after his was at the inquest. So how will he sell his jewelry? The idea of him being her lover would turn a lot of people off to buying the Diana jewelry. Also that this was a ploy to enable him to play the 'loyal' servant makes me sick to my stomach. 'Loyal doing what for Diana."

The only reason is MONEY. Either the brother-in-law wanted some and was not given money. Or a more honorable approach that he was helping his sister get more for a divorce settlement. Isn't all or more of his assets in America and probably in his name? What would Maria get? And if Maria or the borther-in-law can not have the money - why not ruin Burell reputation even more. We just learned that the house in England is up for sale. I thought that was interesting.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
In my wildest dreams I can't imagine Diana having a sexual relationship with Paul. IMO it always looked like she sought out a man who appeared to be more stable/powerful/affluent than Paul, someone who could fulfill her very great emotional needs.

And Mr. Cosgrove's story about the tiara in the garbage bag seems farfetched. What tiara could it have been? As far as I know, she only had 2, the Spencer and the Cambridge Lover's Knot, both of which have been accounted for.

This whole incident is very distasteful.

Yes, there are some dysfunctional family dynamics being played out on the world stage with these "revelations". I believe I read where Paul has put up for sale his English home and shop. I really care about Maria. She has been more than dignified throughout the years and has never made a wrong step and has been a dedicated mother to her sons (which seem to be good young men themselves). Glad to see Maria was not behind the brother in law in causing Paul and Diana shame.

Paul, poor dear Paul. I still believe in him but sad that he has been talked into some ventures based on greed by some of those around him giving him a bit of bad advice here and there. He has made mistakes but he has also been a victim and no one would understand that more than Paul because he knew to expect to be vilified by his closeness to Diana and as keeper of her secrets.

His brother in law should be ashamed that he brought the princess in his accusations. She'e not here to defend herself. Very low and ungentlemanly.

Paul will have to live his life dodging bullets and accusations to his reputation but learned from the best how to cope.

Back
Top Bottom