Diana: The Paul Burrell brother-in-law sex claims, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing how everyone says "oooo it's secrets", as though we have any right to their private thoughts. Each and every person on the planet has thoughts and dreams that they have the right to keep private. For most of us, it's never an issue. For those who live their lives in the public eye--and really, yes there's money and glamour, but really truly imagine the fishbowl these people live in--those diaries and letters are often the only true privacy they ever have. Small wonder that so many are destroyed after death.

Amazing how everyone says "oooo it's secrets", as though we have any right to their private thoughts.
I don't believe anyone has said "oooo it's secret's" at all, just because we have suggested they may be secrets, also doesn't imply 'we' have a right to know what they are! Most people don't write their 'thoughts and dreams' on papers and file them away somewhere. If they were letters, then obviously there is going to be a natural curiosity regarding the to or from. Were the letters dated, would they alter the dates we are led to believe this or that happened, were there results of tests etc, etc, etc.

I don't see that anyone has mentioned Diana's diary:rolleyes:

Amazing how everyone says "oooo it's secrets", as though we have any right to their private thoughts. Each and every person on the planet has thoughts and dreams that they have the right to keep private. For most of us, it's never an issue. For those who live their lives in the public eye--and really, yes there's money and glamour, but really truly imagine the fishbowl these people live in--those diaries and letters are often the only true privacy they ever have. Small wonder that so many are destroyed after death.

What's so bad about about wanting to know ? The Queen herself keeps a diary and many would like to know what she writes, even if it's only to read she walks her corgis out three times a day ... . Plus, no one said it could be as personal as a diary. Like Skydragon said, it could be anything : love letters, charity documents, invitations, etc. No, we don't have the right to read them but Burrell didn't either and he had no shame to take them (with authorization or not) and even destroy them.

Mr. Burrel's denial not gotten before newspaper printed story
'Sex with Diana' complaint upheld - Scotland on Sunday;)
Is he in England now?
Apparently.

The commission heard from the newspaper that it had three sources for the story, a former associate of Burrell, Cosgrove and his son Stephen, and that all three had signed affidavits supporting their comments. The News of the World said it did not approach Burrell before publication because it was concerned he would block the story with an injunction. It did not publish his denial after the story appeared because, the newspaper said, he was "a notorious liar" and had been branded as such by the judge at the inquest of Diana, Princess of Wale
Butler's 'Diana Sex Boast' Ruling - Yahoo! News UK

Good Lord! We should start calling him Mr. Paul-I'll-do-anything-and-say-anything-to-keep-basking-in-the-Diana-limelight Burrell.:nonono:

Paul "Anything$" Burrell works for me.

I'm waiting for karma to have a go at him---hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true; he has always been a vile weasel of a man, and that may be giving him too much credit. I could easily see a troubled woman like Diana being preyed on by people like Burrell. I always thought there might be something there, and his wife's attitude was always like someone who was aiding and abetting her husband's infidelities. Clearly this is not a pair that anyone would chose to know! If he vanished off the face of the earth tomorrow, not many people would miss him. Horrid person. I always wondered if the Royal's dropping the suit was because they knew what he was capable of saying and doing if he were in a corner. In court his lawyer could have introduced all manner of disatasteful things, and he and his wife would have been smirking and well pleased with their duplicitous behavior and character assassination. The only way for toad Burrell to make a living is to live off a dead woman. Charming.

i love the part where he says it besmirched his name...as if he hasn't already done that all by himself.

Is Mr. Burrell really saying this?!? If he is, I think he's seriously delusional and full of crap. Someone would have mentioned something before this if that were the case. I just finished reading Sarah Goodall's book about working for the POW and she says that Diana referred to a lot of her staff as 'my rock' so Mr. Burrell is puffing himself up about that as well.

Targeting a specific purpose, such as a description.
I did not find convincing. Princess Diana does not exist anymore, and this type of outrageous allegations unfounded. This explanation looks poor. Princess Diana is still loved around the world is.​

Rumors repeated often (true or not) become facts. Anyone can write a scandalous book and have their stories taken for the truth.

Back
Top Bottom