The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
We know Diana wore just two tiaras, the Spencer (which had been returned to her brother much earlier) and the Lover's Knot (which is accounted for). So his claim to have "made out the shape of a tiara" is fanciful. Paul Burrell may be many things, but he would not have been so foolish as to purloin a royal tiara.
Yes, but he also goes on to say that Burrell returned some of the bits and many hats with the stiffening can feel tiara shape.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

How disgustingly dirty and sorrowfull they both are.

As for William and Harry, the trash those men must endure at the expense of their late mother...it's not right!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Nobility

<ed Warren> Well, that just means Paul won't be making millions off of that particular secret.

I bet there is a treasure trove of lots more secrets...and not all about Diana. If the Windsors have any sense of decency, they will write him a nice check enough to silence him for a few years.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

what gets me is that the brother in law would tell all this to the press (if he did)! it makes him not that much better than burrell!
Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
<ed Warren> Well, that just means Paul won't be making millions off of that particular secret.

I bet there is a treasure trove of lots more secrets...and not all about Diana. If the Windsors have any sense of decency, they will write him a nice check enough to silence him for a few years.
the sad thing is....you can't buy silence you can only rent it and over time the rent goes up.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isn’t it amazing news? Burrell was Diana’s lover! Burrell stole her tiara too!
By the way, Camilla is an alcoholic! She and Charles have screaming rows every day!
And I’ve heard the ‘Sun’ is coming out with the story tomorrow that Diana once took an axe and attempted to kill Camilla! The ex-girlfriend of the brother of the gardener of the Parker-Bowles’ says he told her! Amazing news, too!
In other words: It’s very hard to believe that this crap story is actually being discussed here in a serious fashion. Someone on the far outskirts of Royalty (the brother.in-law of a Royal butler, for God’s sake) now decided to cash in as well, end of story.
The attitude to be dismissive about British tabloids and those who provide ‘exclusives’ to them is a very reasonable one throughout this forum, and it would be rather mind-boggling if the same common sense was not applied in this case as well.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
By the way, Camilla is an alcoholic! She and Charles have screaming rows every day!
The difference here, is that this is not the usual unnamed source.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The chap would hardly have gotten his story's worth (in 'News of the World' currency) if he hadn't sold his name along with it.
Dismissing any story because the source asks for anonymity is as absurd as regarding any story to be more credible because the source is named.
According to such standards, Burrell's stories themselves could be labeled as fire-proof credible, as their source is not only named but also someone who was present in person when they took place.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Nobility

What enrages me more than anything that could have been said about Diana is the unflattering revelation about Her Majesty's search for her corgies.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Dismissing any story because the source asks for anonymity is as absurd as regarding any story to be more credible because the source is named.
Both can be as bad as one another, IMO.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

So maybe this was the deep dark secret he was keeping. Actually maybe not I could probably beleive they may have done it once but no 24/7 I somehow doubt it.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Warren, my point was, if his primary 'affiliation' is homosexual (which I think is just fine), its extremely unlikely that he was 'up' for 'kinky hetero sex' 24/7 at zero notice. Perhaps he could muster an 'interest' once and awhile, but 24/7, dont think so. He was soooooo effemmmmmme.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The chap would hardly have gotten his story's worth (in 'News of the World' currency) if he hadn't sold his name along with it.
Without a doubt, I agree.

I'm guessing it's hardly a cordial relationship between the two. The disgruntled in-law who can't stand the media tramp that is Burrell. Or then again, perahps they are in on it together. It's been a while (in Burrell terms) since that little mole had surfaced at the trial.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I'm guessing it's hardly a cordial relationship between the two. The disgruntled in-law who can't stand the media tramp that is Burrell. Or then again, perahps they are in on it together.
I think the first statement is closer to the truth. Maybe the disgruntled brother-in-law is hitting back for his sister. The article did say that Maria would not get much of Paul's money if they divorced. I think Burell's brother-in-law is trying to ruin him, because of his sister unhappiness in her marriage.

I really do not believe that Diana, Princess of Wales would demand sex from Burell 24/7. During his employment she had many other lovers. Of her lovers the only other eliged relationship with someone in her service was her security officer - Manicke sp? who was killed in a motor accident a year after he was relieved of his duty.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Nobility

I can easily imagine Paul going out to buy sex toys for Diana and for indulging her imagination but I can't imagine Diana and Burrell like some odd English couple into deviant behaviour....but then the housekeeper (I think Wendy Berry was her name) of Highgrove did hint at some kinky bedroom antics between Diana, a female friend and Hewitt in her book, "The Housekeeper's Diary". So I guess there was a published precendent into Diana's sexual behaviour. And then there is Hewitt's many, many sordid stories....

Yet on the other hand the brother would have had to get Maria's permission (or even co conspire) to let some of this information go public. He would have never intentionally hurt his sister's feeling unless Maria needed some reason to break away from the marriage. Lots of undercurrents here to muddle through.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

<ed Warren> Does this never stop? I don't believe the stories for a moment and the fact alone that more than 10 years after the death of Diana the media is still willing to print such unproven claims gives me the shudders. If Burrell was not such a nasty, slimy piece of work I don't think we would discuss here at all - it's pure shock and disgust, at least on my side. (Think the appropriate smiley after that sentence as my fascination has elements of all these: ? ? ???? )

BTW - is it coincidence that Cosgrove gave an interview to the NotW and remembered the bit about the queen, just when similar stories broke about princess Eugenie? I really can imagine the reporter of NotW who had done the initial interview with Cosgrove calling him after he heard about Eugenie and asking: "Did Burrrell ever tell stories about the queen? Maybe he saw her naked once?" And Cosgrove duly delivered for another cheque....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Because she's the Princess of Wales and therefore is extremely famous ?
Still, he IS his brother in law, not the most perfect person to tell.......i mean, would anyone here admit that you slept with someone else to your in-laws? If it were me, i wouldnt admit it to my brother in law or any in law, regardless if i slept with the most famous woman in the world.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Vulgar jokes and comments have been removed, as well as the more detailed references to sex toys.
Please keep keep in mind the age range of our members when posting.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
And I’ve heard the ‘Sun’ is coming out with the story tomorrow that Diana once took an axe and attempted to kill Camilla! The ex-girlfriend of the brother of the gardener of the Parker-Bowles’ says he told her! Amazing news, too!
In other words: It’s very hard to believe that this crap story is actually being discussed here in a serious fashion. Someone on the far outskirts of Royalty (the brother.in-law of a Royal butler, for God’s sake) now decided to cash in as well, end of story.
The attitude to be dismissive about British tabloids and those who provide ‘exclusives’ to them is a very reasonable one throughout this forum, and it would be rather mind-boggling if the same common sense was not applied in this case as well.
I hope it suited him.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Nobility

Glad to hear that some damgage control has begun to happen but still it seems so odd like there is a bit of sordid truth to it all. Paul really does need to sort his obsession out with Diana because we've all got to somehow go forward. His whole life for the past 11 years has been to chase a ghost to the detriment and neglect of his family who are alive and kicking AND SUFFERING mentally and emotionally.

Yes, Paul holds a lot of secrets and yes Paul seems to thrive on his relationship to the Princess yet he seems to be driving his family (and all of us) up the wall.

He needs to let someone else do the merchandising of that "jewelry" and reconnected with a desperately neglected family situation.

Tags
diana princess of wales, paul burrell, princess diana, tabloid press