Diana: The Most Beautiful or Famous Woman of the 20th Century?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was Diana the most famous woman of the 20th century?

• Yes

Votes: 152 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 155 50.5%

• Total voters
There is a big difference between fame, beauty, talent, etc. The poll asks is she the most FAMOUS, there are others more talented or beautiful...but she is probably the most famous yes. Only the Queen and M. Monroe are 20th century women as well known through-out the world. I read an article once about trying to figure out who the most famous woman ever was, if I recall Mary (Jesus's mom) was 1st, but Diana was in the top five.

My answer is no. She might have been the most famous person during the 90's, but definitely NOT of the whole century.:confused: The most beautiful woman, where did that come from?! :eek:

I think that perhaps Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother was the most famous woman of the 20th century. She became Queen Consort in 1936 and was in the public eye until her death. And even before she was Queen, she was famous for being Princess Elizabeth's mother. Her child was famous since she was a very small girl. Perhaps the current Queen has been the most famous woman of the 20th century.

My answer is no. She might have been the most famous person during the 90's, but definitely NOT of the whole century.:confused: The most beautiful woman, where did that come from?! :eek:

And Diana became famous because she was the daughter-in-law of the Queen. ;)

She was by far NOT the most beautiful. And we can not say that she was the most famous!! She was the most famous of the last 30 years yes, but from the century, NO.

I still stand by what i said earlier there are plenty of beautiful women who were alive in the 20th century that did not have the fame Diana, Greta, etc had. Now as for the most famous I think that goes to Marilyn Monroe. IMO Princess Diana was the most famous woman by the end of the 20th century from the 1980s to the 2000s.

I don't think The Queen Mother was the most famous woman of the 20th century at all.

I have thought about this and now I think the answer to this question "who was the most beautiful or famous woman of the 20th century" will be different for each person. A person will pick a woman that conveys their view on beauty and fame. With so many woman to chose from each decade of the 20th Century it would be impossible to decide for me. Diana, Princess of Wales in my opinion would be high up on this list, but to have one woman to stand out on the top of the list for everyone I think it would be impossible.:flowers:

I think it was princess grace

So true, yes. Had it not been for Prince Charles' interest in her in the summer of 1980, we'd have never heard of Diana.

And Diana became famous because she was the daughter-in-law of the Queen. ;)

There is a big difference between fame, beauty, talent, etc. The poll asks is she the most FAMOUS, there are others more talented or beautiful...but she is probably the most famous yes. Only the Queen and M. Monroe are 20th century women as well known through-out the world. I read an article once about trying to figure out who the most famous woman ever was, if I recall Mary (Jesus's mom) was 1st, but Diana was in the top five.

Thinking about famous and reknown, Diana is up there but she was what... a media blitz for 2 decades. Although she did good works and called attention to a lot of things that were needed to be addressed, most of the blitz was about her private life. I think for the 20th century, I'd pick Mother Teresa over any of them. I've read where Diana respected her highly and it was notable to me that they both passed on around the same time.

Lady diana meeting up with prince charles again in 1980 was fate it was meant to be diana gave charles two handsome sons
and a heir to the throne

Thinking about famous and reknown, Diana is up there but she was what... a media blitz for 2 decades. Although she did good works and called attention to a lot of things that were needed to be addressed, most of the blitz was about her private life. I think for the 20th century, I'd pick Mother Teresa over any of them. I've read where Diana respected her highly and it was notable to me that they both passed on around the same time.

Mother Teresa for a saint is the top for me to. But there are other categories that famous women stand out too. BTW did you know Mother Teresa at the end of her life question is G-d exists? I think with all she saw of the poorest of the poor she must have been clinically depress.

Diana, Princess of Wales passed at the weekend and Mother Teresa during the week. All attention was on Princess Diana's funeral and Mother Teresa just on the day she was laid to rest.

I really think this topic is to board for a person to answer with just one woman. The topic needs to be more specific. Like the end of the 20th century who was the most famous woman.:flowers:

Isn't it intriguing that both women died the same week. It's unfortunate that Mother Teresa's death was overshadowed by Diana's. If MT had died another time I think a much bigger deal would have been made out of it, and rightly so.

Mother Teresa for a saint is the top for me to. But there are other categories that famous women stand out too. BTW did you know Mother Teresa at the end of her life question is G-d exists? I think with all she saw of the poorest of the poor she must have been clinically depress.

I think that is very possible. All of us go through spiritual crisis where we look at and question our beliefs and its those questions that make us stronger. Diana, herself, was always seeking out and asking questions along these lines too I believe.

I don't remember Mother Teresa's death being shocking it was sad but it wasn't shocking because she was elderly. Where as Diana's death was shocking because she was young and healthy. It was ironic that two great women in their own rights died in the same week.

It was ironic that two great women in their own rights died in the same week.

I thought when they both died that we lost two great humanitarians. I don't think we have had persons since to fill their shoes. The world got a little darker that week.:ermm:

Diana the most Beautiful the most Famous woman of the 20th century

Yes I believe it Rest in peace, Angel

Queen of the people's hearts

The most beautiful woman? Of course not. The most famous one? I don't hope so! There have been so many important and intelligent women who have done truly good work in the 20th century, I would be depressed if we would only remember a woman that was such a drama but wore beautiful frocks!

With all due respect she was of course not the most beautiful woman of the century. Don't get me wrong she was a very attractive woman but cmon 100 years saw many many ladies far more prettier.
Concerning the "famous" side i believe she was probably ONE of the most famous women of the last century, for good or bad reasons btw, in a long list of icons...

I guess who voted for "yes" never heard about Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe is far from the most beautiful woman of the 20th century. She was gorgeous though.

Blackadder: The most famous one? I don't hope so! There have been so many important and intelligent women who have done truly good work in the 20th century, I would be depressed if we would only remember a woman that was such a drama but wore beautiful frocks!

She was one of many women that did good works in the 20th century. The woman in your avatar wore beautiful clothes and caused a lot of drama herself and yet we remember Margaret. And she was very beautiful in her youth.

She's definately Top 5 but I doubt she's #1. She's up there with Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Jackie Kennedy.......and maybe Madonna.

So, she's the most famous, the most beautiful AND an Angel, I hear...:ermm: Ok, did anyone of you that think of her as an Angel meet her? Spent a couple days with her? Maybe you should have done that, cause it's the only way to find out if she was made of angel material.;):flowers:

Noor no one here said she was an angel. She wasn't an angel nor was she an evil witch either.

Marilyn Monroe is far from the most beautiful woman of the 20th century. She was gorgeous though.

She was one of many women that did good works in the 20th century. The woman in your avatar wore beautiful clothes and caused a lot of drama herself and yet we remember Margaret. And she was very beautiful in her youth.

The woman in my avatar isn't a subject in this thread and as far as I know it wasn't her who has given the Panorama interview. :flowers:

The woman in my avatar isn't a subject in this thread and as far as I know it wasn't her who has given the Panorama interview. :flowers:

Regardless if she's not subject in this thread she proved my point. Anyway I won't go down that route on who caused more embarrassment its pointless. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom