The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I think Diana did not attend sandringham in 1995 or 1996 due to the panorama interview and the divorce. But she was invited to attend but Diana chose not to go.
she did attend sandringham for christmas after panorama interview in 1995 but Diana got divorces in Aug.1996 and she not go there after divorces dues HM Queen's order on the taboilds

Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM

Lovely Lady Diana

Lady Diana Frances Spencer
There are many more from Balmoral in this gallery, as well as engagement pics and pre-engagement paparazzi pics.
All of these pics are also from Rex.
Image Gallery - Click Here

Old 10-09-2006, 01:48 PM

At Buckingham Palace: for VE Day 1990, for a royal garden party 1993
Image Gallery - Click Here (rex)
Old 10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I'm not sure what to make of this jacket! It's a polo motif on her back. She is visiting the Help the Aged Centre in 1987.
(REX FEATURES)
That's the same day she dropped off William at Wetherby on his first day there. Here is a front view of the jacket: http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=131091bpu4.jpg
Old 10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Commoner

it is correct that Diana was invited to attend Christmas holidays in 1995 but opted to stay away. She also didn't attended in 1992 after the separation.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pictures Casiraghitrio! Thanks for organizing them into themes for us.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:12 PM

Well, the only theme for this set, sadly, is that they are ones I haven't seen before. They are from www.cover.es.
Image Gallery - Click Here
Old 10-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

There are some real treats here, CasiraghiTrio. In your Post #97 gallery, there are photos I've never seen before, like Diana leaning against a car in that light blue sweater and white skirt (presumably at the polo match during the engagement from which we've seen other pics on the "Diana at Polo" thread.)

I've also never seen the closeup of her fishing at Balmoral, though I've seen one or two others from that day. The photo where she's walking with a man (a ghillie?) through the heather(?) beside the big trees -- do you know if that's the fishing excursion? She appears to be wearing the same sweater.

Also, do you happen to know the occasion of the photo where she's wearing a red coat, seated in a car between Charles and an older woman?

Great pictures. Thank you!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellagirl
There are some real treats here, CasiraghiTrio. In your Post #97 gallery, there are photos I've never seen before, like Diana leaning against a car in that light blue sweater and white skirt (presumably at the polo match during the engagement from which we've seen other pics on the "Diana at Polo" thread.)
I also never saw many of those before. That is why I wanted to share them.
Quote:
I've also never seen the closeup of her fishing at Balmoral, though I've seen one or two others from that day. The photo where she's walking with a man (a ghillie?) through the heather(?) beside the big trees -- do you know if that's the fishing excursion? She appears to be wearing the same sweater.
My thought was that this is the same day as the fishing pictures. I thought it must be them walking to the loc or back to the castle or something along those lines.

Quote:
Also, do you happen to know the occasion of the photo where she's wearing a red coat, seated in a car between Charles and an older woman?
Great pictures. Thank you!
You are very welcome. My thought about that picture was that it might be Lady Fermoy. Was that the night Charles took Diana and Lady Fermoy to the opera? I think that was the same he proposed. They went to Windsor Castle afterward to have dinner and he proposed then.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the pictures CasiraghiTrio.
I'm afraid that is not Lady Fermoy (pictured below) in the car with them, but I have no suggestion as to who it is.
April 3, 1982
Photo: Tim Graham / CORBIS
Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know who the woman in the car is either.

But I can help with the occasion. It is Mar. 3 1981 & they are making a private visit to the Royal Opera House to see "L'Africaine".

It looks like Diana is wearing that blue cocktail dress that she wore again on June 23 1981 (below)

Photo: Royalty Magazine

Old 10-10-2006, 05:32 PM

About the mystery woman in the Post 97 gallery.
Just a shot in the dark, but.......
Could it be Barbara Cartland?

That pic of Diana wearing the blue dress with the spaghetti straps is beautiful. The color was amazing on her.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Barbara Cartland had a wider face, wore tons of makeup, and I think only wore pink. Also Diana wasn't on good terms with her, especially at that time - she wasn't invited to the wedding.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
Barbara Cartland had a wider face, wore tons of makeup, and I think only wore pink. Also Diana wasn't on good terms with her, especially at that time - she wasn't invited to the wedding.
Oh yeah I knew Dame Barbara wasn't at the wedding but I thought maybe they were ok with each other until shortly before.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Squidgy,
Thank you so much for the date and occasion of the photo in the car. And you're right -- that does seem to be the sparkly blue fabric of the spaghetti-strap dress showing below her coat.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Commoner

I have a question regarding photos I've never seen but assume exist. In the new Sarah Bradford book, she states there was a "horde of photographers" outside of Dodi's London apartment in August '97, when Diana arrived for dinner. Has anyone ever seen those photos? I also read that she was wearing a navy cocktail dress that night. Also, are there any photos from August 1992, during the last Wales family cruise aboard John Lastis yacht? I've only seen a picture of Diana in a green sleeveless dress boarding the yacht but no others. If anyone could post pictures from these events that would be great!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg9295
I have a question regarding photos I've never seen but assume exist. In the new Sarah Bradford book, she states there was a "horde of photographers" outside of Dodi's London apartment in August '97, when Diana arrived for dinner. Has anyone ever seen those photos? I also read that she was wearing a navy cocktail dress that night. Also, are there any photos from August 1992, during the last Wales family cruise aboard John Lastis yacht? I've only seen a picture of Diana in a green sleeveless dress boarding the yacht but no others. If anyone could post pictures from these events that would be great!
I´ve seen photos from the cruise in 1992... but I have no idea where :) could have been here on TRF... Squidgy?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
I don't know who the woman in the car is either.
But I can help with the occasion. It is Mar. 3 1981 & they are making a private visit to the Royal Opera House to see "L'Africaine".
It looks like Diana is wearing that blue cocktail dress that she wore again on June 23 1981
I have read in my notes she wore this dress july 15 1981. Did she wear this dress in both events or I have my notes wrong?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Pilar, you may have got the date July 15 1981 from that book the "Story of Diana" which has a fashion diary - a listing of her appearances & what she wore. But as many on the Forum have said, quite a few dates in that book were wrong.

I got the date June 23 1981 from the Court Circular which is published by Buckingham Palace, so it should be pretty reliable. Parts of the Court Circular were published in Majesty & Royalty magazine, so if you have any old issues from those magazines they may be helpful.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
I´ve seen photos from the cruise in 1992... but I have no idea where :) could have been here on TRF... Squidgy?
Sorry, I can't help you ladies. While there were lots of photos taken of the 1991 cruise, I too have only seen the "green dress" photos from the 1992 cruise. I guess it was a real private cruise.

If any one has any other photos I would like to join in also and beg them to post them ... please!!

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana