The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Squidgy! I never see that necklace before! was from the royal collection?

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Corazon, this is the only time I recall seeing Diana wear this necklace. Ayvee is saying that it was really made up (at least partly) of two identical bracelets that Diana had. (see one of the bracelets below)

Photo: T. Graham

Old 08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Commoner

WOW! This photo of Diana at the Dorchester Hotel is amazing .. thank you so much for sharing :) I was unaware of this engagement..is there any others of Diana attending this banquet?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

Majesty, volume 13 nº10 - october 1992
Old 08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Nobility

princess Diana taken by me, Royal Opera House, 26th May 1992, London

Old 08-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Nobility

photo of Diana taken by me
Royal Opera House, Covent Garden 26th May 1992, London

Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

she look loverly, elegant, perfect and beautiful in every close she used.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh, you´re so lucky to have seen her irl... wish I could have to
Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

From corbis, gettyimages, wireimages
Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

PrincessDianafan,
Were your latest photos taken at Liza Minnelli's Sammy Davis Jr. tribute concert? That was in London, I think in June 1992.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Nobility

Thanks Princessdianafan70 and Umbrellagirl,

I took the photos at the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden on the 26th May. I remember she wore the same outfit for the Liza Minelli/Sammy Davis event. Were you there then?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

Was I there? Golly, no, I've just seen photos. I'll have to check on that Royal Opera House event in May; I don't remember that one. You may have just added a new event, documented with photos, to my Diana knowledge.

Thanks so much.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Administrator

PrincessDianafan (and all pic posters)
Would you be able to include the event, place and date as a heading in future pic posts?
It makes it easier to identify and put the images in context, and saves members having to ask. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 AM
Nobility

Hi Lily97,

Thanks. It was really wonderful meeting her! I'm glad you like the pictures. Welcome to the Forum.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Nobility

Hi Warren,

Just did that. Thanks.

Quote:
PrincessDianafan (and all pic posters)
Would you be able to include the event, place and date as a heading in future pic posts?
It makes it easier to identify and put the images in context, and saves members having to ask. Thanks.

________
Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

In Portugal - 02/1987

From majesty, hola
Old 09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Commoner

I am new to the forums but am enjoying all the wonderful pictures. I have been searching for many years for photo's taken of Diana on June 15, 1987 at the Royal Albert Hall in London. I was in attendance of the performance of Verdi's Requiem and was able to go to the reception afterward. Diana was wearing a pale pink or peach, scoop necked, sequined gown. I believed designed by the Emmanuels. There's a photo of her wearing the dress in Debrett's Illustrated Fashion Guide (she wore same dress in 1984/85 to Starlight Express)but I would love to see any more from that night. She attended the Garter Ceremony earlier in the day. If anyone can find more photos I'd be thrilled. Thank you for all the great postings!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Welcome to the Forums, smg9295! I hope I can help. I've found a photo of that pale peach dress in a 1989 book. I'm not sure if it's the correct occasion. The caption says only "A dual-fabric number for another visit to the Royal Opera House" (not the Royal Albert Hall). No date or event mentioned.

Photo: "The Royal Family at Home and Abroad" by Trevor Hall (individual photographers not credited)
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Commoner

Thank you! Yes, that is the dress and I believe that is the evening I saw her. It was definately at the Royal Albert Hall as I still have the program and will never forget the evening. However, that is the only photo I have ever seen of her that night and I would love to see more. I bought a paper the next day and that was the photo they printed. I can't imagine that's the only one that exists. She was so pretty and when she stood up in the balcony for the anthem she literally glowed and sparkled in that sequined gown. At the reception I stood about five feet away as she talked to the performers and she made eye contact with me for a second. I was the only other person in the room that was near her age - just a couple years younger. I was told by the people I was with that you do not approach royalty but I wish I'd said hello.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

smg9295,
I was sure that you would not have forgotten exactly where you were that night, so I suspected that the caption was wrong. What an exciting night that must have been for you, to be so near to Diana and even make eye contact. It's too bad that you couldn't have spoken to her, but still -- what a cherished memory it must be.

I'm sorry that the photo I found is one you've already seen. I think the only other pictures I have of that dress were from Starlight Express. Maybe someone else has another -- or more than one? -- from the Verdi's Requiem occasion which they can post.

But I have to thank you. Now I know when that photo I posted was taken. I'm always happy to be able to assign an exact date to a Diana photo.

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana