The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Tenngirl, it is that first outfit you were thinking of - what she wore to meet the Australian Prime Minister.

Here are a few pictures. I really don't have many pics from this event.

On June 22 1983, Charles and Diana visited the Terry Fox Centre in Ottawa. They also cruised down the Rideau Canal (sorry that the pic is B&W, but I do like it. Charles has his arm around Diana's waist and she is clasping his hand.)

Photos (left to right): Legion Magazine, UPC Photos

Old 06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Squidgy,
You are the best! That second picture in the boat is the picture I have and the outfit is the one I was thinking of. Either she had two identical jackets made with different sleeves or she must have had them change the sleeves. You think?
Thanks so much!
Tenngirl

Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Tenngirl, it is that first outfit you were thinking of - what she wore to meet the Australian Prime Minister.
Just love the second picture. It show that at one time they did love each other.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

I like that picture too Msleiman.:)

Tenngirl, you know, I never noticed that the sleeves were shortened by the time she wore this outfit in Canada. To be honest, it's one of my least favourite outfits of hers, so I really never looked closely. Good going!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Photo: BUNTE

Photos (L,R):Neue Post
Old 06-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pictures Lady Jean. I have never seen that one of Diana with Sarah in the car before. Wonderful! Thank you.:)
Old 06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

Lady Jean,
Do you know what outfit Diana is wearing in the car with Fergie?
It does not look familiar to me!
Thanks for the pictures. I like the one with P. William, it really shows that polka dot dress. For some reason, it is hard to find pictures of that dress!
Tenngirl
Old 06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Tenngirl: Glad you like the pictures!
Unfortunately the one of Diana and Sarah in the car is the only one I've seen of that occasion, so I have no helpful info about the outfit. I can't even tell what earrings she's wearing...it doesn't help that the size of the photo in the magazine is only 1 1/2" square! Better than nothing, though!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Nobility

When I see some of these photos it just re-enforces that Diana was really the most photographed woman in history. Literally thousands of photographs.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

... and when you take into account all of the amateur photos taken by her fans on all of her engagements ... maybe we can say that there are millions of pictures of her.:)
Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the photos, lady jean, te photo with fergie is very rare, I never see it before, and you're right Squidgy, with fan's photos, proffesional photos, etc, we can see milloins of photos of her.
And maybe many photos of her we never will can see, the private photos or the archive that never the newspapers and magzazines published.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Nobility

no indiv. credit, in Scholastic Books "Princess Diana, Forever in Our Hearts."

D.Levenson,Colour Library Books, "Charles and Diana Visit Canada"

Colour Library Books Ltd., "The Royal Family"

Colour Library Books Ltd., "The Royal Family."
Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Nobility

Dec. 6, 1981
Peter A. Harding, Tetbury

Another rare sight - with "Kanga", Lady Dale Tryon, c. 1986
LCherruault, in Majesty mag

After she dropped off Harry at school she visited a Help the Aged center. Her baseball-style jacket was taken off and is around her knees. 1987
Majesty magazine
Oct. 1987

Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Incas, Glad you like them :) . More are on their way...

Mike Lloyd, in "Diana,Princess of Wales"
by Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd
Old 07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Here are some more interesting ones, I hope

On the way to Crathie Church service, Autumn 1982
Majesty magazine

Baby-sized bouquet for Lady Diana, 1981
Margaret Lavender, in H.Montgomery-Massingberd bio. of Diana
l
Old 07-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Nobility

gfgo2 - Glad you like 'em!

Does anyone have information on an evening attended by Diana and Sarah Ferguson, while both still married. I saw a posed photo of only the two of them, both sitting, Diana in the strapless purple velvet gown...I don't remember what Sarah was wearing. Sarah had this photo framed in her home, and I only saw it on video during an interview with Sarah on U.S. tv. I have never seen a copy of the photo or an account of this evening so I assume it was a private event. After looking more at the photo in the post above for Charles' birthday party, I wonder if that was the occasion, since Diana has on the amethyst jewels and possibly the purple velvet gown (since she always or almost always wore the same color gemstone as her clothes.) Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
The following small photos were in "Inside Buckingham Palace" by A.Morton (1991). The caption on this says Diana is on her way to Charles' 40th birthday party. Can any of you confirm that?
Lady Jean, as you probably suspected (since her hair is short) the picture is not from Charles' 40th birthday. For that occasion Diana wore her beautiful white Edelstein gown, which she had just unveiled in France a week earlier. Below is a picture of Diana & Charles arriving at Buckingham Palace on Nov 14 1988 for his 40th Birthday celebration.

Photo: Hello magazine

Old 07-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiana
not sure if anyone here as seen this it's diana in a snowman sweater ~~ jumper for the UK members.
It's not very clear in fact it's xeroxed but only pic I got and I only got that couple years ago.
Neat picture Canadiana! Thank you! This is sort of off topic, but I thought it kind of interesting that the Duchess of Kent had the same sweater (or maybe it was a loaner from Diana, or vice-versa).

Photo: Alpha

Old 07-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Lady Jean, as you probably suspected (since her hair is short) the picture is not from Charles' 40th birthday.
Thank you so much for clarifying that and posting a terrific picture. I didn't believe the photo I posted was from '88 despite what the caption claimed. Her hair is definitely of a later period.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Lady Jean, you post such wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them. :)

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana