The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:36 AM

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos and comments. Diana was truly a beautiful person, most importantly on the inside. She really cared!

Old 04-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

When she was with Charles, Princess Diana seemed to be sad and melancholic; with Dodi Al-Fayed, she was always smiling and happy. As well as when Charles is with Camilla. In older pics, being with Diana, he seems to be bored, far from her.

Other thing I noticed seeing the pics, is that William and Harry were always smiling when Diana and Dodi were together. They seemed to have accepted him as their mother's love, as well as they accepted Camilla as their father 's new wife.

Vanesa.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianafan
She was a lovely beautiful princess I miss her every day! I hope that she is happy now with Dodi in heaven.
WOW...what an awesome pic! what a nice thing to have.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Nobility

beautiful women and even more beautiful spirit, rest in peace.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Commoner

havent seen this pic before...very cutee..
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...a/aba292ae.jpg
Old 05-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

pretty! I´ve never seen a formal photo of Diana and her family before... when was it taken?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Gentry

Well she has her hair up and she only did that fall of 1987 and spring 1989 I think this MIGHT be May 12'89 Countess Raine Spencer's 60th birthday and you could see a picture possibly being taken of Diana with her father and only brother. As I said in the other thread this was taken by a fan who visited Althorp seen this on the mantel and took a picture of her. She's wearing the one sleeved Hachi gown first won in 1983.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

I'm surprised she wore the Hachi dress with the emerald choker. Each one is stunning, but together...hmm I don't know. So if this is 1989 she is recycling the Hachi (one of her best) 6 years later! Wow.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Gentry

Yes it's a bit odd wearing the emerald & diamond art deco choker remember she nearly always worn those long drop diamond & emerald earrings with this choker she might even have it on here can't really tell. I guess it was private and she was thinking why not??? She worn the hachi in 1989 the next month too to the "License to Kill" movie. So she worn it three times in 1983, once in 1985 in Washington then twice more in 1989 then no more until the testino pix in 1997.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Nobility

You're right she must have looked forward to private events when she knew the press etc. could not comment on her outfits. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to much to see her in the various gowns that surfaced during the auction (like you said, total surprises) - pictures of her in them at events, not later for the Testino pix. I guess I'll be grateful that the auction at least helped us learn more about her collection.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skk
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/3ef70bb5.jpg
does anybody know as to when this pic was taken?? havent seen this pic before.
Well with Dodi in the photo and life boats in the background, I would assume it was within the last weeks of her life..
Old 05-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

I love that picture of Diana with her father & brother! Thanks Canadiana:)

I'm sure that Diana attended a lot of private formal parties, but unfortunately we rarely see pictures from them. This is such a treat.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Nobility

I know it may sound strange but I thought that Diana looked her best during her pregnancy with Prince Harry. Her hair was wonderful and she didn't even look pregnant. But I did notice their were hardly any pictures of her taken from August 1984 to Harry's birth. Does anyone have any rare photos from that time period?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon
great pic! very lovely! is there anywhere one of this without flash?

NO this was taken by someone visiting Althorp so guess we just have to be happy she could take it. Can you imagine all the pix like this that was taken of diana we've never seen.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I know it may sound strange but I thought that Diana looked her best during her pregnancy with Prince Harry. Her hair was wonderful and she didn't even look pregnant. But I did notice their were hardly any pictures of her taken from August 1984 to Harry's birth. Does anyone have any rare photos from that time period?
I don't have many pictures of her in August/early September, but here are a couple. I'll see if I can dig up more.

1) Shopping with Lady in waiting & detective. I think she is wearing that raspberry pink sailor dress she wore many times that summer (Photo: Young Royals Magazine)
2) Shopping in Knightsbridge, London on Aug. 1 1984 (Photo: Alpha)

Old 05-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Aug. 22 1984 Diana attends the funeral for her uncle, Lord Fermoy (He committed suicide a few days earlier). (Photo: Rex)

Oct. 29 1984 Diana attends the memorial service for Lord Fermoy. This is her first public appearance since Harry's birth. Yes, that is Andrew Parker-Bowles with her (Photo: Bill Kennedy)

Old 05-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

Dec 5 1984 Diana & her sister Jane attend the memorial service for another uncle, Sir Anthony Berry who was killed in the Oct. 12th bombing of the Grand Hotel, Brighton. (Note: she is wearing the exact same outfit she wore for the Oct. 29th memorial for her other uncle).

Photo: Young Royals magazine

Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Sept. 6 1984 Driving from London to Highgrove. This is the last photo I have of Diana before she gave birth to Harry (photo: Brendan Beirne)

Old 05-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Nobility

These photos are great.
What was the event when she is depicted in the summer/fall 1984 with a bright blue sweater, plaid skirt, and is leaving a building (hospital?) on what looks like a private visit, she looks serious or sad. Her long hair is back in barrettes or combs. These pictures are in the photo album in the first post of the "Diana with long hair" thread.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
These photos are great.
What was the event when she is depicted in the summer/fall 1984 with a bright blue sweater, plaid skirt, and is leaving a building (hospital?) on what looks like a private visit, she looks serious or sad. Her long hair is back in barrettes or combs. These pictures are in the photo album in the first post of the "Diana with long hair" thread.
Wearing the bright blue sweater and plaid skirt, she was visiting one of her sisters in the hospital, who had just given birth. It was in November; I think the baby was born Nov. 10. I'll have to check on which sister it was.

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana