Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Picture:
Diana relaxing on a yacht August 1997-
William, Kate, George & Charlotte - dianaspot: Iconic image of Princess Diana on a...

I love this image of Diana. I wonder what her thoughts were during the last days of her life?

Diana was so very photogenic. The camera loved her, part of her appeal, I suppose. I expect Diana was reasonably happy at that time though there were disturbing reports that she was crying during her last meal at the Ritz.

IMO, on the yacht she was probably just living for the moment, lapping up the sun, enjoying some swimming, maybe looking forward to seeing her boys before they went back to school, wondering what they were doing at Balmoral, perhaps.

Yes Curryong she did indeed photograph well. She always looked like there was an inner glow about her. Beautiful lady

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Dating Diana Photos- 1980-1985

Hi I would like to start a thread for dating Diana photos from the first half of the 80s. I'm trying to create a scrapbook in chronological order. I am having difficulty dating photos of Diana attending church at Balmoral in 1981 after her honeymoon. The first date I am having trouble with is the first sunday, August 16, 1981.

I have a photo that I know is this date but there is another photo I have that someone else said is August 16 as well but I don't think it is and I need help sorting this all out.

This clipping contains a photo similar to the one I have that I know for sure is August 16, 1981- https://www.flickr.com/photos/47368377@N07/5403718306

This pin is from a YouTube video that was supposedly of this day that films Diana entering the church https://www.pinterest.com/pin/362258363747810249/

So I am very confused with a photo I have that was dated 8-16 by someone but I don't believe it is. Diana is possibly wearing the same hat and suit but she is wearing some sort of dark cloak as well and this was not visible in the ITV video from 8-16. I'm pretty sure it is 1981 but if someone could help me date it I would be very grateful. I've attached the best copy I have of the photo.

I have confirmed the photo of what she was wearing on August 23 with a Times article. As well as August 30 and September 6. I have more photos I believe are of attending church at Balmoral in 1981 but I'd like to know if anyone has any information on this photo first. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 8-16-81- check ITV.jpg
    8-16-81- check ITV.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 265
I have seen the photos you've mentioned, jackie, and looked at them carefully as well as the one you've posted. The pin shows a Diana in a car doesn't it, arriving at Crathie Church. In that one, she appears, almost definitely, to be wearing the same hat and a light coloured outfit as in the cloak photo.

Royals, especially Diana, varied/vary their outfits for church and therefore she wouldn't have put that particular outfit on for Church on the 23rd of August or any other later date.

Therefore, I am 99% sure that on the 16th August Diana did wear that particular hat and outfit for Church at Balmoral, and again am 99% sure, though I have no documentary evidence to prove it (sorry!) that, when she got out of the Church it proved to be very cold and windy (more than possible in Scotland even in August) and that therefore a member of staff ran up to give her the cloak to wear over her thin, summery clothes. Diana then just happened to be photographed as the Royal party left the Church and walked to the cars taking them back to Balmoral.

Jmo, but I'm sure I'm correct! :flowers:

I wonder what Hillary made of Diana, who was apolitical, though charming of course? These photos are lovely, Deman. Thanks for posting them. How beautiful Diana looked in blue, a colour she wore quite often.

I wonder what Hillary made of Diana, who was apolitical, though charming of course? These photos are lovely, Deman. Thanks for posting them. How beautiful Diana looked in blue, a colour she wore quite often.

The Clintons really liked Diana. Diana and the President were due to work together, along with Nelson Mandela, on an aids campaign. Hillary made sure to attend Diana's funeral too.

The late Princess was a knockout in that blue dress. I think that aquamarine ring is in the possession of William and Harry now. She took Australia by storm before her passing.

If anyone is interested in working in a project on compiling a list of Diana's engagements and photos and has clippings/information to share please let me know and see my post in the Diana engagements thread.

WOW. That seems like 100 years ago....:eek:

Walking around London this morning I saw this ... and had to take a photo of it!

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 145
State Opening of Parliament. I think 1982? :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom