Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the pictures. I won't do it in the future. Does anyone have a picture or know what Diana wore when she visited the BBC Television Centre in London on 7-16-85 to watch a program being filmed about drug use as well as spoke about her fears on the issue? I got the date from a London "Times" article.

On 7-16-85 I have Charles & Diana visiting St. Hilda's, Middlesborough and Sunnyside Primary School at Coulby Newham, Middlesborough. Then Charles & Diana went to Abbeyfield House in Middlesborough.

Are you sure about the date?

Did you get the date from a video on youtube for that event because sometimes those dates are off by one or two days and the newspapers and press photos are almost always right. I'm also looking for a picture or description of this outfit-
Princess in black for nursery school visit; Diana visits Berkshire training school
Source: The Times (London, England). (Apr. 26, 1986): News:
Document Type: Brief article
Full Text: The Times
Full Text:
"The Princess of Wales was dressed in black yesterday when she visited a nursery training school in Reading, Berkshire, the day after the death of the Duchess of Windsor.

Wearing a black and grey pinstripe coat-dress with black handbag and shoes and a black and white pearl necklace, the Princess was greeted in the sunshine by cheering children and students at Chiltern Nursery Training College.

Mr Gordon Palmer, the Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire, and Mrs Pamela Townsend, the college principal, were presented to the Princess, who was given an educational wall-chart made by second-year students. It showed a light-house and lifeboat decorated with the faces of her children, Prince William and Prince Henry.

During a tour of the toddler nursery, Thomas Jacobs, aged 19 months, knocked her on the nose with a bunch of daffodils. 'Well, it is the thought that counts', the Princess said." Copyright (C) The Times, 1986

Source Citation "Princess in black for nursery school visit; Diana visits Berkshire training school." Times [London, England] 26 Apr. 1986. Infotrac Newsstand. Web. 30 Apr. 2012.

I have her wearing Catherine Walker and other times she wore the coatdress: (It is very similar to the white coatdress with the navy pinstripes she first wore in Italy at the naval base in 1985.
Catherine Walker: Black coatdress w/white pinstripes
December 1985: Wm's X-mas program
April 25, 1986: Caversham, Reading Berkshire
May 1987: ??
May 5, 1988: Moscow State Circus Battersea Park, London
January 21, 1991: Howard House Hampstead NW London
June 1991 issue: London HQ of Red Cross

Hope this helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for those dates. I'll work on matching them up with pictures I have. Do you or anyone else have any pictures of the times she wore the black and white gown that was mostly velvet that she first wore in 1985 with a fan. I am looking for pictures of the other times she wore it besides then and her brother;s birthday that year I think she wore it in Australia in 1988. I also am looking for a picture of a private party, hopefully good quality and not watermarked, hope that's not too much too ask! in the early 80s where she is wearing the emerald choker as a headband and I think she is wearing the Hachi one-shouldered gown. I have never seen this picture but I have heard it described before. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks so much to anyone who can help!

These are the dates I have for
Murray Arbeid strapless black velvet dress with white taffeta skirt also has a bolero jacket
December 7, 1983: “Carmen” at Dominion Theatre
May 20, 1985: brother's 21st birthday
July 11, 1985: Gala Evening at Hampton Court Palace
December 12, 1985: Mansion House fanmakers banquet (wearing multi-strand pearl choker w/sapphire broach)
May 14, 1987: Osterley Park

Did you get the date from a video on youtube for that event because sometimes those dates are off by one or two days and the newspapers and press photos are almost always right.

I got that date (7-16-85) from a magazine that listed all the dates of engagements that Charles (I believe) and Diana did in 1985. That's where I got the dates from. I don't have a pic from that day, so if you have one that would be really cool.

Thanks so much for those dates! Do you happen to know what jewelery she would be wearing in pictures from 7-11-85 or have a picture? I don't have a picture for the 7-85 occasion but if I ever come across one I'll post it.

Last edited:
Do you mean the occasion in Australia when Diana wore the one-shouldered teal/green one-shouldered gown? That was in 1985. If so, this is the occasion you're looking for: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1F31F3B96782C23548DE62A2A&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

I also am looking for a picture of a private party, hopefully good quality and not watermarked, hope that's not too much too ask! in the early 80s where she is wearing the emerald choker as a headband and I think she is wearing the Hachi one-shouldered gown.

Last edited:
No, Thanks but I think the year of the picture I'm looking for is 1981 or 1982 and she is wearing the beaded champagne colored Hachi dress. Thanks for looking though.

No, Thanks but I think the year of the picture I'm looking for is 1981 or 1982 and she is wearing the beaded champagne colored Hachi dress. Thanks for looking though.

Jackie, these are the dates I have for Diana wearing the Hachi evening gown
Hachi Pale cream & silver figure hugging evening gown 1 shouldered neckline revealing a bare left arm
April 16, 1983: Melbourne dinner dance
June 4, 1983: dinner dance at Broadlands, Hampshire
June 6, 1983: “Octo*****” premiere
November 11, 1985-Gala dinner in Washington D.C.
June 13, 1989-James Bond "A License To Kill" Premiere

I do not believe I have ever seen a picture of her wearing it with that jewelry though. The 6-13-89 James Bond premiere she wore the diamond and emerald drop earrings. Maybe that is what you were remembering? Let me know.

I've never seen the pictures myself but I do know the 1989 pictures and it isn't that event I'm thinking of. I'd love to see a picture of the Broadlands dance if you have one.

Thanks so much for those dates! Do you happen to know what jewelery she would be wearing in pictures from 7-11-85 or have a picture? I don't have a picture for the 7-85 occasion but if I ever come across one I'll post it.

Do you think this could be the pic from 7-15-85? It's the right dress but it could be from 1987 too, I'm not sure.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:previous: I believe that this photo is from 1987. Diana's face was fuller that year.

I found some information that clarified the picture I am looking for of Diana in the Hachi Dress it is not from the early 80s but late 80s, probably 5-12-89 (Raine's 60th birthday) and the picture is of Diana, her father, and brother. Her hair is up the way she styled it often for formal occasions in 87 and 89. I think I misunderstood something earlier and don't think she is wearing the emerald choker as a headband on this occasion. I do know she wore it once before it was worn in Australia. Does anyone have a date or picture of that event? Thanks!

Yes, I have also heard about this photo. I read about it on these forums a year or so ago. Apparently it is a private photo on display at Althorp. Someone had seen it and taken a photo of it. I beleve it was posted on this forum for a short time & then taken down. I would love to see it too .

I was wondering if anyone knew where the following picture was taken and the exact day, month, and year. In a book, which has misidentified pictures before, it says the picture was taken in Cirencester in September 1992. Does anyone know if this is right and I would really like to know the exact date.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25gxwcx&s=6

The following dates are from "Diana-An Extraordinary Life," so I don't know if they are correct because I have found others that are not but I am looking for pictures to match to the dates, any corrections, or descriptions of what Diana was wearing.

3-20-85-Diana visits the Royal School of Military Engineering, Rochester, Kent

4-11-85 Diana visits Scotland Yard

7-9-85 Charles and Diana attend opening concert of the 1985 Eisteddfod- I think I have a picture of this- was Diana wearing a purple silk suit? Is this the correct date?

7-19-85 Torvill and Dean Ice Show at Wembley- I have a picture of this somewhere. Diana is wearing the pink Zandra Rhodes dress but is this the correct date? The picture I have she is in a car.

8-4-85- Queen Mother's birthday-date is correct but does anyone know what Diana was wearing?

10-9-85 The Queen and Prince Phillip start a month long tour of the West Indies- I'm not sure why this date is listed- Did Diana and Charles see them off?

10-85 Royalty Engagements

10-1-85 tues-am POW will open the Royal Britain Legion Housing Association Scheme "The Princess of Wales' Court"

10-1-85 evening- C & D will attend a Reception in aid of the Committee at the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery Swansea

10-8-85 a.m tues POW visits St. Giles Hospital Drug Dependency Clinic London

10-9-85 evening wed POW, Patron, Help the Aged, will attend a Reception for the Silver Jubilee National Committee of Help the Aged at the Grocers' Hall London

10-11-85 p.m friday POW will attend reception for the Royal Ulster Constabulary Widows and Mothers at the Glaziers Hall, London- same as hospice visit wearing green jacket?

10-14-85 moon POW bill launch HMS Cornwall at Yarrow Shipbuilders Limited Scotstoun, Glasgow

10-17-85 p.m. POW will attend a performance of the Spanish Riding School of Vienna at Wembley Arena

10-22-85 tues p,m, POW, Patron, the Royal Society for Nature Conservation, will attend a reception given by the Society at the Natural History Museum

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Thanks so much!

Hope you don't mind, I've included all the dates for the outfits for the dates you asked for.

4-11-85 Diana visits Scotland Yard
Victor Edelstein:
Deep plum dress very fitted w/wide belt & deep neckline edged with white collar, striped bow
7-19-85 Torvill and Dean Ice Show at Wembley- I have a picture of this somewhere. Diana is wearing the pink Zandra Rhodes dress but is this the correct date? The picture I have she is in a car.
It is actually Tuesday, July 23rd,
July 23, 1985: Torvill and Dean Ice Show Gala in aid of “Help the Hospices” at Wembley, yes the pic I've seen is she is in a car and wearing a twisted pearl choker necklace, if I am correct.
Zandra Rhodes pale pink & white chiffon dress, points of the neckline & hem weighted with glass & pearl beads and finished with silk cording
July 23, 1985: Torvill and Dean Ice Show Gala in aid of “Help the Hospices” at Wembley
May 9, 1986: banquet in Kyoto, Japan
June 27, 1986: charity concert Tetbury Parish Church
June 29, 1987: Evening entertainment at Charleston Manor
May 3, 1989: Dinner/dance at Hilton Hotel
October 1, 1985: (Evening) C & D Festival Concert by London Philharmonic Orchestra at Brangwyn Hall, Swansea, Wales
Catherine Walker blue velvet & lace gown (this is the gown she wore to Amadeus premiere etc) She wore this a lot in 1985.
January 16, 1985-Premiere of "Amadeus"
February 10, 1985: Gala Concert London's Palladium
September 4, 1985:Onward and Upward” at Haddo House, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
October 1, 1985: Festival Concert in Swansea
October 13, 1985-Final of the Newport International
Competition for Young Pianists
November 6, 1985- State dinner in Melbourne, Australia
November 25, 1985-Premiere of "Santa Claus-the movie"
December 21, 1987: Carol Concert Royal Albert Hall

10-1-85 morning- Charles, Chairman of the Prince of Wales' Committee, attended with Diana, a reception in aid of the Committee at the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery in Swansea, Wales
Victor Edelstein purple silk dress w/collarless v-shaped neckline and pleated skirt
January 24, 1984: Grocer's Company reception
October 1, 1985:Reception at Glynn Vivian Art Gallery Swansea, Wales
October 1985: Australia?
May 1986: Japanese trip w charles
September 21, 1987: Westminster Abbey
January 1988: afternoon reception in Adelaide, Australia

10-8-85 a.m tues POW visits St. Giles Hospital Drug Dependency Clinic London
Bruce Oldfield Gray-blue checked two piece wool suit, large padded shoulders, skirt has high slit in back
April 22, 1985 Milan, Italy
May 14, 1985: Battersea Arts Centre
October 8, 1985: St. Giles Hospital, SE London
November 6, 1985 Canberra, Australia
May 1, 1986: British Columbia, Canada tour
October 2, 1986: Courtauld's design studios

10-14-85 moon POW bill launch HMS Cornwall at Yarrow Shipbuilders Limited Scotstoun, Glasgow
Catherine Walker Cream and black wool suit with pinstriping and black cuffs and collars
October 10, 1985: St. Ann's Hospice, Heald Green
October 14, 1985: HMS Cornwall Scotstoun, Glasgow
November 10, 1985-Nat'l Gallery of Art in Washington D.C.
November 21, 1985: Champion Children Awards luncheon at Savoy Hotel
April 15, 1986: Vienna Austria
April 22, 1986 Arrival of King Juan Carlos state visit
May 11, 1986: Japan visit
October 13, 1986: Harris Birthright Ctr, Oxford &Taunton
November 1987: Germany visit w/charles
November 10, 1987: Champion Children's Lunch
November 17, 1988: Champion Children of the Year Savoy
February 5, 1989: late X-mas party Grosvenor House

7-9-85 Charles and Diana attend opening concert of the 1985 Eisteddfod- I think I have a picture of this- was Diana wearing a purple silk suit? Is this the correct date? No I think you are thinking of July 4, 1985 where she and Charles attended a Dires Straits concert for The Prince's Trust at Wembley Arena
Bruce Oldfield purple satin cocktail suit
July 4, 1985: Dire Straits concert
November 4, 1985: Rock Concert in Melbourne Australia
May 6, 1986: Dinner at 4 Seasons Hotel British Columbia
July 4, 1987: Genesis Concert

8-4-85- Queen Mother's birthday-date is correct but does anyone know what Diana was wearing?
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of this date. I have pics of them sailing for Scotland and at church, etc. but not the actual birthday of the Queen Mother.

Thank you so much!
Do you happen to have a picture of the outfit worn to Scotland Yard that you could post a link to?

I was wondering if anyone knew where the following picture was taken and the exact day, month, and year. In a book, which has misidentified pictures before, it says the picture was taken in Cirencester in September 1992. Does anyone know if this is right and I would really like to know the exact date.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I have a date from the Star magazine dated 10-20-92 issue which means it came out the week before, so it could be either late September or early October 1992. Don't have anything more specific than that. Sorry.

Jackie, the magazine I am talking about with the 1985 dates is called "A Year In The Life of Princess Diana" and I believe I got it off of either E-bay or Amazon.com. It was written by Elizabeth Henry with photographs by Tim Graham. I believe it came out in 1986. It has a picture of Diana from her Washington DC visit in the Murray Arbeid evening gown with the Queen Mary tiara and pearl drop earrings.

Last edited:
thank you for the slide show, there are some pictures of Diana that i havent seen in a long while.

Great finds! The only picture that I don't care for is the one of Diana in the red sparkly dress: the dress, the pose, the look on her face--I find that she looks rather "tough" in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom