Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am honest Diana was beautiful all the way possible!! : Sonrisa:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh absolutely nata8904 :) but the eighties fashion was very matronely and rather less figure hugging. I mean the shoulders alone, an american full back would be proud :)

If I am honest Diana was beautiful all the way possible!! : Sonrisa:

that is true, but if i see those pics of her from the 80's and early 90's she looks so young, so innocent so girlie. And for instance during the panorama interview you could see that she had aged, and during the last years of her life she looked more matured.

YEAH! IN PANORAMA SHE BROKE MY HEART!! HER EYES WERE SO SAD!!:sad: YEAH! MORE MATURED AND SADNESS!!
BUT THE DAY THAT I SAW HER MORE SAD WAS IN KOREA TOUR... MY GOD!! HER FACE ABSOLUTLY BORED, SAD... BROKEN HEART!!:ermm:

I'm the one responsible for initiating the search for this photograph, and it is also driving me crazy that I can not find a copy.:bang::bang::bang:
However, I do remember which newspaper I saw it in as well as the time of year; winter 1981 or 82. Tomorrow I will pursue it from this angle and the minute I find it I will post it for everyone.
It is so charming, it is worth all the "work".
This thread is such a pleasure to visit! Thank you all for remembering and keeping Diana alive in your love and hearts as beautifully as you do. She deserves to be remembered.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

What's with all the huge letters and all caps here? Very excited thread, I must say.

The photo above of Charles and Diana near the water is sweet. He looks happy and she looks concerned about where to put her feet. They really didn't know each other all that well at the beginning, but they both seemed willing to give their marriage a try...

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo6ze2mIR11qk127po1_500.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0262774916375_667561374_7804270_3508652_n.jpg

THANKS MY FRIEND linmarylou
Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum :: Princess Diana Remembered Press Clippings Gallery :: 1980's Magazine and News Cuttings

281800_10150262768491375_667561374_7804166_3258347_n.jpg

This one is amazing, is this the pic they were looking after?

Yeah she was. Diana sure did love the blue eyeliner back then.

It's true that there were no photos released of the pre-wedding ball, but there's a picture of the dress in the book A DRESS FOR DIANA. It was a dark pink colour with long sleeves and a ruffle that went around the neckline and down the front. The dress is shown on a hanger in the book. To my knowledge, there are no pictures of Diana wearing the dress.

I've never seen this pic or dress, either. But from descriptions, I'd guess the dress was the one Diana wore for the pre-wedding ball in BP.

Thanks Nata! The dress reminds me of her wedding dress
Could this be the same dress tha Diana wore to her pre wedding ball at BP?
Never seen a photo of her in that dress, but IIRC, in the description of the dress in the Emanuels book, A Dress for Diana, ( they made her ball dress too), it was pink.

No, it's not the same dress. The pre-wedding ball dress had a ruffled collar that stood up around the back of the neck and then ran down the front of the dress. If you can imagine a ruffled lasso hanging from the back of Diana's neck with the "rope" part probably covering a front opening to the dress, that's what it was like. I think that it was a darker shade of pink, as well.

Was it a pretty dress?

It's true that there were no photos released of the pre-wedding ball, but there's a picture of the dress in the book A DRESS FOR DIANA. It was a dark pink colour with long sleeves and a ruffle that went around the neckline and down the front. The dress is shown on a hanger in the book. To my knowledge, there are no pictures of Diana wearing the dress.

Thanks so much for that information. I'll have to get another look at "A Dress for Diana", I don't own a copy, but can access one. (I couldn't afford it!) Well, at least from your description it doesn't seem I was too far off in imagining this could be the same one; or so I keep comforting myself!:flowers:

It's a lovely dress the colour really suits her. That is something I always found with Diana she was never afraid to wear colours and experimented. One of my favourites is the dress she famously got pictured in asleep. It had shades of mauve and blue and has sparkles on it. It was so pretty and flowy a lovely dress.

thank you very much for all that information so interesting to share ... it's amazing how you know so much about Diana and royalty in general for me is a great honor to know everyone and understand more about the Royal Family ...

Talking about Diana's pink dresses I posting one of my favorites...
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp9ynvuEEa1ql22f2o1_400.png

Personally, I think she was at her most beautiful during the last year of her life; the Mario Testino photo shoot shows Diana at her most radiant and her natural beauty in those pictures just takes one's breath away... So sad they were taken such a short time before her death. Indeed, I remember that the Vanity Fair cover celebrating that photo shoot was still on the shelves of some bookshops when the Princess was killed and her obvious happiness shining from those magazine pages just made it all even more difficult to bear.
I agree with you ... I love the photos that Mario Testino took of Diana .. in this photo shoot she looked so beautiful as an angel! so happy, geniune, relaxed .... is a total pain were the last ... at least I have that consolation that in his last days was happy and felt free.

After exhaustive search i found another photo with the same pink dress..the bad is that I can not found more information about when she used this dress..:( I only found this description in this blog England's Rose

This picture was taken during Diana’s battle with Bulimia
She looks so skinny here :(
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpm9966Dr11qj2sh9o1_400.jpg

I hate that pink dress but,she still looks beautiful.

@ Ilove CP- Diana would look good in a dress made out of a plastic bag!;)
:lol:

Thanks for the pictures :flowers:. I have never seen any of them.

Really like the picture where Charles is holding an umbrella, which doesn't seem to protect anyone from the nasty elements (looked to be quite windy that day). Diana is trying to keep her hair as neat as possible, and finds the whole thing rather amusing.

I think her bodyguard was holding it, not Charles.....but it is amusing yes

Yes she could have learned a lot from Queen Elizabeth, Queen Beatrix and Queen Fabiola. Not a hair would have dared move on there heads. Not even in galeforce winds :) All power to the hairspray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom