The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 AM

I was wondering if you all could help me find pictures of Diana wearing a hat, with the hat either completly or partially covering her face. I think these are beautiful and dramatic pictures. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by joek515 View Post
I was wondering if you all could help me find pictures of Diana wearing a hat, ....
you can find those photos in various Diana picture/fashion threads and archives such as: Princess Diana's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: September 2003 - June 2008

Old 01-27-2009, 08:12 PM

Hi,
any photos of Lady Diana at Royal Ascots? I love her hats and white gloves. :) Isn't she lovely?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely pictures
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I wish someone would just make a collection of books with every picture taken of Diana. I would buy it! Be worth the price.

I agree- I've thought that since 1998 when all the picture books about her came out right after her death. But likely there were too many photos ever taken of her to collect in one place- how would you find them all??
Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Think it through. Hundreds of engagements, tours and other public appearances, dozens (and sometimes scores) of press and paparazzi photographers with motorised cameras clicking and whirring away furiously. Do the maths.

Realistically, the published photos will be the best available, with a few treasures in private archives which may or may not be made publicly available at some stage.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Nobility

I hate it when people publish the same images of her over and over though- there are rarer photos of her at official events etc and some of these I've only seen in a few places. Sure, some images are iconic, but I like the more rare photos, esp. of her at evening events in the 1980s, early 1990s.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately, over time most things get reduced to basics. The picture libraries get culled and we end up with, as you've said, the same old cliche images. That's why the picture books published during Diana's lifetime will become valuable resources for some of the less-favoured photographs.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Nobility

So the picture libraries don't keep the rarer photos of her?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator

They probably go into archives as they are copyrighted images but considering the sheer volume of photographs that the Photo Agencies hold on every event that happens in the world, they would be a lot less accessable as time passes.

Book publishers wouldn't be inclined to spend time delving through the hundreds of thousands of Diana photographs as it would be much easier and therefore cheaper to find and take them off the top shelf, so to speak. Only dedicated archivists and researchers would have the time to seek out the rare and interesting forgotten or overlooked images.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Nobility

What made some images of her so common in the first place? Yes, some of these are really good, but some lesser known ones are just as good. Thanks for the explanations, I'm learning a lot.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I guess that some pictures where used a lot more often to illustrate an article or a cover for example and that's why a few are really well known and others forgotten. But if you like those rare ones keep looking closely on internet, you'll find hundreds if not thousands of pictures you've rarely, if ever, seen of her .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Nobility

I have defintely seen some new ones on here. I do wish they would publish the rarer ones of her, but money rules everything in life and book publishing. I agree the older books are a good source of rare photos, particularly 1980s books.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Courtier

I think the best ones are of Diana and Charles when the were first married. I love to find pictues of them on the beach looking so in love ....she was so breath taking...any picture of her is a good one...even the bad ones....lol
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7...eislandxr6.jpg
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Nobility

I've never seen that picture- is that from the time there was the scandal about her photographed pregnant with William in a bikini by photographers who shouldn't have been there? They do look very in love- I believe Diana was, and obviously earlier on in their marriage, Charles was trying harder, because I believe he tried- until as he said, things fell apart. I like photos of Diana from the mid-late 80s best- so many rare ones, particularly in evening gowns.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Courtier

I am not sure when this picture was taken but it is very nice to see them so young and in love and happy. These like i said are my fav!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I am not sure when this picture was taken but it is very nice to see them so young and in love and happy. These like i said are my fav!!!!!!!!!
The picture of Charles and Diana was taken in 1982 when Diana was pregnant with Prince William.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Nobility

That's what I thought. There was a scandal at the time surrounding these photos as I think they were taken secretly by paparazzi and then sold. They do capture on a private occasion though the love Diana and Charles obviously had early on. Diana is said to have once said ( and I can't recall to whom, in what context or what book quotes this) that if anyone truly doubted she and Charles were in love in the early days of their marriage, that if people could read the private letters they wrote to each other they would know they were truly in love. Well, all you have to do is look at photos like this one that I hadn't seen before.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

If I remember correctly, Diana was supposed to have said this to Ingrid Seward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Angel View Post
Diana is said to have once said ( and I can't recall to whom, in what context or what book quotes this) that if anyone truly doubted she and Charles were in love in the early days of their marriage, that if people could read the private letters they wrote to each other they would know they were truly in love.

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana