Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana must have put her earrings on after seeing Mother Theresa. Then she went to Washington to meet Mrs. Clinton later in the day. I see.

: Lol:yes...you have the reason...I think too this...

After more Googling, I realize that Diana was in Washington for a Red Cross Gala (remember the long red sparkly dress?) on June 17. She met with Hillary Clinton on June 18. So it looks like she was in New York later on the same day that she was in Washington, not the other way around.
: Lol:yes...you have the reason...I think too this...

Last edited:
England's Rose
England's Rose
That Valentino dress in the last pic is a classic.
First photoset- Military event at the Commonwealth War Cemetery, Heliopolis, solo tour of Egypt, 1992

2nd pic- English National Ballet Dance For Life World AIDS Day AIDS Fundraiser, on behalf of the AIDS charity Crusaid, ( Diana was Patron of both ENB and Crusaid, )Her Majesty's Theater, London, December 1991
A touching story.
The little girl in this photo was a 7 year old dying of AIDS.
Her dying wish was to meet a real Princess.
Diana held her on her lap for the whole performance.

Love the Valentino dress as well!

Last edited:
It is truly remarkable how a woman who has been gone for all these years can still attract such attention. I don't know what it is (was) about her, but I still am mesmerized by her photographs. Even though we know that she was a flawed person (aren't we all!) Diana had an "it" factor that really is difficult to explain. We are so bombarded with imagery now, but very few well-known people can hold a candle to her. Is it the good heart that she had? Is it what she represented at the time of her marriage (romance, fairy tales, etc.)? I honestly don't know, but I find the continued interest in her (mine included!) rather amazing.

Thank you for the photos. Lovely.
A touching story.
The little girl in this photo was a 7 year old dying of AIDS.
Her dying wish was to meet a real Princess.
Diana held her on her lap for the whole performance.
This story made me tear up, like so many others that deal with this person's kindness.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st pic-
A night out at the ballet during the Royal Tour of Portugal, Lisbon, 1987
I think this dress was one of Diana's rare misses, but she still looked great!

2nd pic-
Attending opening night of English National Ballet's World Tour on her first solo tour to the USA, New York City , 1989. Awesome pic!:flowers:

The skirt had a bustle as well. A shiny orange jacket. A black lace skirt with a bustle. And a bow-tie. Yes, we're definitely getting into Hallowe'en territory here, even if the outfit wasn't in black and orange.;):)

That's the understatement of the year. Another one of her pieces that I'm not a fan of. The colors remind me of Halloween.

The skirt had a bustle as well. A shiny orange jacket. A black lace skirt with a bustle. And a bow-tie. Yes, we're definitely getting into Hallowe'en territory here, even if the outfit wasn't in black and orange.;):)

:lol:yes, here Diana looks like a custome Halloween: Lol:

Pic 1- Visit to children's hospital Paris, France, 1994
Pic 2- Private Visit to Royal Brompton Hospital Pediatric PICU, London, 1995
Pic 3- Baptism of goddaughter Dominica Monckton, Daughter of friend Rosa Monckton. Diana was D.s godmother, D. was born with Down Syndrome, London, 1995
Pic 4- Visit to London Lighthouse AIDS Hospice, London ,July, 1997
Pic 5- Visit to AIDS orphanage, Royal Tour of Brazil. 1991
Pic 6- Private visit to Royal Brompton Hospital Pediatric PICU, London, May, 1997
Pic 12- Visit to a school for severely disabled children, solo tour of Japan, 1995
Pic 13- Angola Landmine Mission, January, 1997
All precious photos!

Last edited:
The pictures of Diana with babies are so cute,you can really see how much she cared and loved being around them :)

Broke her leg on a high school ski trip to Switzerland, circa.1978/9

ahhh!! poor Diana, thanks for this information... I thought that was married with Charles..but not was when she was single and younger ;)

Cute pic of Diana, Charles and Harry
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltkjljrMJE1qj2sh9o1_500.jpg

Rare pic of Diana and Wills In St. Tropetz
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltkbos8qAb1qllvjao1_400.jpg

Cheque written by Diana
Princess Diana Frances

great pic....so funny!!
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltoxi8CDz31r52y64o1_400.jpg

At a school for the deaf, Royal Tour of Nigeria, March, 1990.
Diana is giving applause in sign language!;)
Love her outfit!
Diana with Fergie at the 1987 Epsom Derby!
Stunningly gorgeous outfit!:cool:

thank you my friend for the information...Diana was so smart she learned the sign language...I remember that in the interview in 1985 she and Charles talked about this and the only sign that Charles learned :D Age...:)

I think that Diana would have had a hard time with Andrew being away at sea. He wouldn't have been around to support her when she was first starting royal duties; and I think that she would have needed him to lean on because of her shyness--at least in the beginning.

Agree Mermaid.

I do think Diana, Princess of Wales if truly in loved with Prince Andrew would have gotten use to his absent. Diana'sr life after marriage would not have so fast pace because she would not have been married to the heir. BTW, I think Prince Andrew is a lot like the late Earl Spencer, Princess Diana.

Princess Diana in my opinion could never let go of Duchess Camilla's present and that hurt her marriage to Prince Charles. :flowers:

Yes I am 21. Diana always seemed young to me at heart.:)

wow!!! I'm surprised... I'm 22....is incredible you're so younger but you know so much about Diana!!

I agree with you Diana will always be young in our hearts like the only Queen of hearts!!:);):flowers::lol:

The engagement pictures are so bitter-sweet now. They looked so happy, and we had no way of knowing that things would go so badly wrong so soon in their marriage. They're beautiful to look back on, though. Diana was almost exactly a year older than I. It's striking to gaze on these pictures now and realize how young she truly was.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom