Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
diana_zpsn33kjsqe.png

Arms of Diana, Princess of Wales

Welcome to the Diana, Princess of Wales
Picture Thread, Part 3

Commencing March 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Last edited:
:previous: It's neat to see Prince Charles helping her with her train.:)

The pictures of wonderful.

Clip:
Throwback to Diana’s christening // August 30th, 1961
St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham-

Remember Diana

I agree roseroyal the photos have that power.
A beautiful lady what a miss mostly for her children.

:previous: Exactly! Nobody can know how it was the life of Diana today. All we can do is speculate. However it is certain that everyone will never stop to discuss for Diana.

It seems to me that it's largely people from other countries who continually wish to discuss her.. In Britain she is rarely talked about, or referred to ,except in the 'Daily Express' which runs 'non stories' about her so often it is laughingly known as 'the Daily Diana'.

Many, many people would prefer just to forget, principally [I think] because [A] we all consider ourselves partially responsible for her being hounded to death by a press WE expected to follow her, and because we are embarrassed at the VERY uncharacteristic outburst of emotion [in the immediate aftermath of her death]. It was SO unlike our reserved and unemotional 'national character' and is not something we care to be reminded of !

Thanks wyevale . Quite interesting and a bit surprised for me to hear that most people there in britain prefers to forget.

This is quite macabre :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
They do. Yes, her children. And grandchildren. Children period.

Trust me Diana(r.i.p) is badly missed by the charities she represented and the general public. That woman, whatever anyone thought of her, had a work ethic and a sense of duty.

Trust me Diana(r.i.p) is badly missed by the charities she represented and the general public. That woman, whatever anyone thought of her, had a work ethic and a sense of duty.

First- No doubt!
Second- Don't quote me on this- but I think- I want to say that that photo of Diana and Hillary Clinton was taken on Presdent Clinton's official visit to the UK in 1994. Am I right? ( And Official visit is what they call it when POTUS visits the Queen right?) You know a visit by POTUS to the Queen w/o the hoopla?

A number of posts have been moved to the 'Diana Style Icon' thread. Further discussions about her style should continue there, or in her fashion threads.

Indeed. Sometimes photographs catch a moment in time and not an entire sequence of events. I believe it is lovely that these photographs pop up from time to time i.e. PG's Christening and the previously unseen photograph of Prince Harry as a toddler allegedly taken by Prince Andrew although in the case of Lord Lichfield's assistant, who is auctioning these photographs, I wonder how the Royal Family feel?

Do you mean the profile picture taken in something like a Jumparoo or a swing? That was taken by Prince Andrew. He received credit when it was first made available and I think was included with the photos that were in the book he published.

the previously unseen photograph of Prince Harry as a toddler allegedly taken by Prince Andrew

Do you mean the profile picture taken in something like a Jumparoo or a swing? That was taken by Prince Andrew. He received credit when it was first made available and I think was included with the photos that were in the book he published.
. I believe it was a toddler Prince Harry playing with a bucket onboard Brittiania.

Andrew was and is a talented amateur photographer IMO. Apart from accounts of her honeymoon I've never read an awful lot about Diana on the Britannia. Are there many photos of her on these cruises? She didn't like being at Balmoral and you would think that close confinement on a boat cheek by jowl with her inlaws wouldn't have been her cup of tea either. Also, while Scotland is stunning it does tend to rain rather a lot, and Diana loved the sun. She did get on quite well with the Yorks early on, of course, so I suppose that was some comfort!

Last edited:
:previous:There were often photographs taken when the family disembarked in Scotland, and Diana and later Sarah would be there with the children. Here's one of Diana and William: Princess Diana And Prince William Leaving The Royal Yacht Britannia... News Photo | Getty Images. Here's another picture either arriving from or departing for Britannia. Diana's with Zara: HMY Britannia, Scrabster, Scotland - 15 Aout 1985 - Blog sur Lady Diana , William , Catherine & George...

The whole family used to go to Scotland on Britannia for their holiday at Balmoral.

Now that is one of the dresses I wonder what happened to you? It wasn't auctioned and I have no doubt it is safe storage but there were so many outfits that are not instantly recogniseable. It is so eighties. There are so many photographs. Just so many and it still saddens me she is gone.

Back
Top Bottom