Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That's actually where I got the pictures I have from but I though it was the same event and she had just taken her hat off. Do you know or anyone else know what occasion and date this picture is from. I know it is not from the "For Your Eyes Only" premiere because I have a picture of her getting out of the car for that without a cape on. I'm pretty sure this was during the engagement. It could be 6-2-81 Regimental Ball at Merchant Taylors Hall but I'm not sure. I'd also love to see a color picture of this night if you know of one. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, I'm not sure if it was June 1st or June 2nd but she is wearing Bellville Sassoon Flame red & gold silk chiffon gown
June 1, 1981: Dinner dance Merchant's Taylors Hall

Thanks for the info. Do you have a picture of her that you know is from that dinner or do you know of any differences in her jewelery that night and what she wore to the movie premiere later that month?

Thanks for confirming the date and occasion. I have another question if anyone can help about two 1981 dates. I've attached pictures from both events. The first is the opening of an exhibit, where Diana fell asleep, and the second is the opening of parliament. I know they both happened in November 1981. Old wire photos from newspapers are the most reliable source for dates and are almost always right but the ones I have for these dates both say they took place on 11-4-81, which was a Wednesday. The one for the museum event mentions it took place in the evening. Does the opening of parliament occur earlier in the day? Does anyone know if these happened the same day or if not have the correct dates. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Did you get the 11-1-81 date from Getty Images? The only reason I ask is because they often put the first of the month if they don't have the exact date for the picture. Also I have read before that Diana fell asleep at the gala and the next day her pregnancy was announced, which was 11-5-81.

Did you get the 11-1-81 date from Getty Images? The only reason I ask is because they often put the first of the month if they don't have the exact date for the picture. Also I have read before that Diana fell asleep at the gala and the next day her pregnancy was announced, which was 11-5-81.
My apologies; I did indeed base my observation on Getty dates. However, a further research showed that the gala at Victoria and Albert's was indeed on November 4 - not November 1. That was also the first time she wore the six-row pearl choker with a large central diamond, surrounded by smaller diamonds - a loan from the Queen.
The Opening of the Parliament was most definitely on November 4 as well, so it does look like she had both engagements on the same day.

Her pregnancy was indeed announced indirectly because of the dozing off incident on November 5; it was an unusual move because British royals tend to announce pregnancies only after the first trimester.

Thanks for the background info, I didn't know the pregnancy announcement was earlier than usual. If anyone knows which event happened first I'd love to know.

Thanks for the background info, I didn't know the pregnancy announcement was earlier than usual. If anyone knows which event happened first I'd love to know.

Opening of the Parliament is a day event, while galas usually take in the evening, so I'd say it is a pretty safe bet the Opening of the Parliament happened first, followed by a gala at Victoria and Albert Museum.

Thanks so much! Do you know how many Opening of Parliaments Diana attended? I have pictures for 1981, 1982, 1984 and 1991.

I'm also looking for a picture from what I think is march 16, 1982, when the Sultan of Oman visited. I've attached a picture from a video of the evening but I would like a good quality picture if anyone has one. I also was wondering if Diana participated in any of the other following events of his visit-
The 1982 State Visit to the UK

-His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Al Said of Oman undertook a State Visit to the UK from 16-19 March 1982.

He was greeted at Gatwick Airport by The Duke of Gloucester and a Guard of Honour of The Queen's Colour Squadron of the Royal Air Force before boarding the Royal Train for Victoria Station in London.

The programme included a banquet with the Lord Mayor of London at Guildhall, a visit to the Army camp at Bovington in Dorset and lunch with the then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher at 10 Downing Street.

Attachments

• IMG_5371.jpg
    IMG_5371.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 344
Wow after 31 years of following Princess Diana I found an engagement and a picture I never have seen before. Thanks so much, it is going in my scrapbook and on all my paperwork for evening gowns, etc. Thank you. I hope someone has a picture of this event. And is there a picture of the return banquet a few days later?

I'm glad I've found something you've never seen before. I'm just starting a scrapbook and trying to put everything I have and can find in chronological order. Do you have a list of dates that go with pictures you have found?

When Charles and Diana arrived at Broadlands for the first two days of their honeymoon were there any pictures of their arrival?

well that I can said about the diana's photos???? she is absolutly perfect, beautiful and unique. she was the best princess of wales in the brisitsh monarchy's history, I still miss her I will love her forever

Does anyone have a fashion diary to date pictures from 1985 to 1997, or any chunks of time from that period?

I'm glad I've found something you've never seen before. I'm just starting a scrapbook and trying to put everything I have and can find in chronological order. Do you have a list of dates that go with pictures you have found?

Oh yeah, I've got dates with hopefully every outfit she ever wore either dress or suit and evening dresses. I also have been doing stuff year by year with dates, descriptions of her outfit and pics as I find them. It's interesting because even after all this time, with doing scrapbooks, I think I have about 5-6 of them starting from January 1981 to when she died in 1997; I still find new pics and dates of engagements still. From devouring the old Majesty and Royalty mags plus stuff from the tabloids in the U.S. and some stuff I got from a friend in England, I've been doing this for years. I have a question though, how did you get the pic from the video, I can't seem to figure out how to do that? Thanks.

I got the picture from the video by taking a screen-shot. I have a mac and the command to do so is command+shift+4 and then click with the mouse. I don't know how to do it on a pc. Would you help supply me with some of the dates. I have plenty of good quality pictures if you are looking for a better copy of something you already have I just have started dating them. Do you have the dates written down or would it be easier if I posted a picture or described an outfit if you have any time to help me? Thanks.

Funny, Princess Diana wore a dress similar to the one of Queen Silvia at Nobel 1981 (???)....
BYe Bine

... Would you help supply me with some of the dates? Thanks.
I have the dates on my computer. Just describe the outfit and I can hopefully give you a date. This could be fun!!!!!

I have tons of dates I need help with but here are just a few to start.

1. Green Velvet Dress- I don't know how many times Diana wore this and I know it was one of the lots in the Christie's auction. This is the only picture I have do you have any better pictures or the dates she wore it?

2. I think the second picture is from 92 and a visit to the Trinity Hospital in Blackpool. I would like to know the exact date or at least the month if you have it.

3. I don't have any idea as to the event this photograph was taken at but it looks like it is from 86, judging from her haircut. I don't recognize the dress but would love to know the date and have a picture where you can see Diana's face if you have one.

4. I got this picture from a book which incorrectly dates the picture as 1992. The place it gives is outside of London's Institute of Contemporary Arts, but I'm not sure if that is correct. I think she is wearing the blue and white pinstripe suit.

Thanks for anyway you can help me out and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks for the other picture of the green dress. Do you know why that photobucket album suddenly became private? I never got a chance to save all the pictures I wanted to from there. I've already been through the fashion forums but this one seemed more active. Thanks again.

1) Sorry I don't have a date on that one.

2) Catherine Walker: Tan silk dupioni tailored coatdress w/cream collar, sleeves cover the elbow and below the knee hem
May 14, 1992: Egypt tour w/charles
July 28, 1992: opened day care center at Trinity Hospice in Blackpool

3) I sincerely do not believe this was Diana. I think it may have been the Duchess of Kent. I've seen this pic a few times and it does not look like Diana at all. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

4)
Catherine Walker: cream and navy pinstripe coatdress

I would like to say that it could be from
October 28, 1985: Portland, Australia tour
or
January 1988: Darling Harbor, Sydney, Australia tour

as she is with Charles and when she wore this coatdress she was usually alone except for
June 14, 1985: memorial for Falkland Island war (c & d)or
April 20, 1985 La Spezia, Italy(Italy tour)

I hope that helps.

Guys, please do NOT directly post copyright pictures in the threads. (screencaps are generally OK).

Images of Diana have a monetary value and the photographers or photo agencies who own the images take a dim view of them being made freely available on sites such as TRF.

Posting them directly places the Forums at risk of legal action and a breach of copyright lawsuit. Copyrighted images must first be uploaded to one of the free picture hosting sites (eg Photobucket) and the url link posted in the threads.

Directly posted copyrighted pictures will be deleted without notice.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation. :flowers:

ETA.. Guys, please be careful and be internet-wise.
Do not post personal information about yourselves in public threads in any internet forum.
Such information is accessable to anyone and everyone who has an internet connection and can also appear in Google searches.
Use the secure PMs for all private conversations and be cautious about disclosing too many personal details.

Warren
Admin

Last edited:
Sorry about the pictures. I won't do it in the future. Does anyone have a picture or know what Diana wore when she visited the BBC Television Centre in London on 7-16-85 to watch a program being filmed about drug use as well as spoke about her fears on the issue? I got the date from a London "Times" article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom