Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The necklaces actullay look different if you look close and I dont think they are Royal Jewels. There is no conspiracy or mystery behind Camillas wardrobe. She has excellent stlylist creating clothes that fit her well. They are truely unique. "Camilla Chic" is even a new word in the dictionary.

Lady Jean said:
I also think Diana borrowed that necklace from a jeweler for that one evening. Its contemporary design also leads me to believe it wasn't in the royal family's collection.

Plus Diana never worn it again. But I think it's very bad taste for Camilla to wear the same necklace but there's a good possiblity she would not have known Diana worn it??? I think personally she would do her best not to try and copy Diana in any way cause she'll come out on the losing end.;)

On the first page of this thread, second post is a photo of Diana in a halter dress. It looks to be from 1980 or 1981. Does anyone know the occasion or date?

Lady Jean said:
On the first page of this thread, second post is a photo of Diana in a halter dress. It looks to be from 1980 or 1981. Does anyone know the occasion or date?

It is Diana at Princess Margaret's birthday bash in November 1980. Diana wore the brownish daycoat over this pink gown. Most pictures taken that evening were of Diana with the coat on. (also see post #5)

Photo: Photographers International

Squidgy, you surprise to me avery day!

Squidgy thank you so much for the info. To think she had on a halter gown under such an ordinary coat.....

Lady Jean said:
Squidgy thank you so much for the info. To think she had on a halter gown under such an ordinary coat.....

It is kind of funny, isn't it, that she was a member of the aristocracy & yet she didn't have a proper evening coat. But I guess it tells you something about the life Diana led before getting involved with Charles. Obviously she wasn't going to Society balls or fancy evenings out too often.

yeah sarah, she is our princess!
was beautiful was perfect, she is alive in the heart, no gone.

Princess Diana in Vanity Fair

The December issue of Vanity Fair features an excerpt from the Mario Testino book and a few photos. They're gorgeous. I haven't read the entire excerpt but he recalls teaching Diana to catwalk like the supermodels and that relaxed her enough to capture the striking shots he took. She told him later "the boys saw the shots and said they were most like her than any others."

"Camilla Chic"

Canadiana said:
Plus Diana never worn it again. But I think it's very bad taste for Camilla to wear the same necklace but there's a good possiblity she would not have known Diana worn it??? I think personally she would do her best not to try and copy Diana in any way cause she'll come out on the losing end.;)

I looked at the newspaper article photo carefully, and I don't think it was the same "snake" (how fitting) necklace that Camilla wore. I've seen several photos here on royal forums of Diana from 1981, and it appears the paper used a photo of her in the "infamous" black strapless ball gown from when she met Princess Grace. In the better photos of Diana from that event, it appears NOT to be the same necklace.

JMO!
Suzanna

Yennie said:
new photos
it is so funny to see Diana with a ponytail. i dont think she ever did that in public.

Last edited by a moderator:
william look exactly like diana in some testino's photos

I've been searching for a photo taken of Diana and Charles kissing hello after their separation or divorce.

I think they were in front of a church for William's Confirmation perhaps, or for a wedding. It is my favorite picture of Diana and Charles because theyhad genuine smiles, and seemed to be friends again at the end and it gave me some peace when I saw it long ago in the papers. I hope someone has it and can add it here! :)

yes, was in a eton's party.

I taped the Panorama interview at the time and witnessed how cut up she obviously was about Charles and Camilla. However since her death I think other things she said have become even more interesting. I for one am not a conspiracy person but I have seen Henri Paul on the night Diana died via the CCTV and don't need anyone to tell me he was of right mind and body and thus I have always suspected foul play in her death. But when you think of some of the things she said and I quote,

" After the separation I was the separated wife of the Prince of Wales I was a problem, what do we do with her?".

"She won't go quietley that's the problem, I'll fight till the end", and regarding the establisment;

"They see me as a threat of some kind....they ask, "Why is she strong? Where does she get it from? Where is she taking it?"

You have to wonder if things were really as we have been told they were.

Last edited:
Yennie said:
or perhaps these ones? from corbis
Aw!! That's it!! Thank you Yennie!
This is how I want to remember Diana and Charles. :) As friends who moved on with their lives-and maybe now I can move on too. Peace. :)

The last pics show her affection for him.

james said:
The last pics show her affection for him.

Without Charles she wouldn't have had William and Henry. And vice versa. Something good came out of their marriage. :)

Those shots are lovely-I remember another one too where you could see Charle's fave better and he is smiling too. :)

william really look like her :p

in some photos he looks a lot like her. but in some other photos i think he looks an awful lot like his dad too.

I've just discovered this forum, and I'm so excited! Now I can discuss this stuff, without boring all my friends.;) I too have been working for years at trying to provide the exact dates for every photo of Diana. I thought I was an expert on Diana's clothes and when she wore them, but some of you are way ahead of me, especially Canadiana and Squidgy.
Canadiana, I am in awe of your accomplishment, your knowledge, and your organization. However, I have a few quibbles. First of all, you've posted the same photo twice and assigned it two different dates. In Post #83 of this thread, you show a b/w photo of Diana in her raspberry suit, dated Mar. 13, 1984 (at Hammersmith Hospital). But in Post #106, you have the SAME PHOTO, this time dated Mar. 27, 1985 (at a luncheon at Fishmongers Hall). One of them can't be right.:confused:

You know that pink ruffled gown Diana is wearing in Post #78 of this thread, in May 1983? I think that's the dress she wore at the private ball the Monday night before the wedding. As far as I know, there are no photos because it was a private event, but Mary Robertson was there. She was the American who employed Diana before the engagement as a part-time nanny for her baby boy, and in her book The Diana I Knew she says that Diana wore a deep pink ruffled gown at the ball. As soon as I read that, I thought of this dress. Does anyone know if there WERE any photos of that night?

corazon said:
testino's last photos from the daily mail.

i love these photos...so relaxed and natural. he's an amazing photographer. she looks as though she's making fun of all th hype about her...not in a bad way but in a fun, relaxed way. she's shows so many facets of the lady the world came to love...glamour, style, a bit of a tomboy(?). i love her hair in the bottom pic!

umbrellagirl said:
You know that pink ruffled gown Diana is wearing in Post #78 of this thread, in May 1983? I think that's the dress she wore at the private ball the Monday night before the wedding. As far as I know, there are no photos because it was a private event, but Mary Robertson was there. She was the American who employed Diana before the engagement as a part-time nanny for her baby boy, and in her book The Diana I Knew she says that Diana wore a deep pink ruffled gown at the ball. As soon as I read that, I thought of this dress. Does anyone know if there WERE any photos of that night?

The photo of the dress you refer to on post #78 has been deleted because it didn't comply with the TRF Posting Rules. Could somebody attach it properly so I could see the gown in question?

Thanks!:)

Caroline

asmadasitgets2003 said:
Beautiful pics around!!!!!! by every one OMG I never get tried of seeing diana's lovely face.
On that note here are some of my pics check out the sub albums I just updated them yesterday!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/c209/lauracrazygirl/

thanks for pics of Princess Diana but you know Diana very lovely Princess than Camilla dont you think?

great pics...i havent seen some of them before...oh yea i remember reading that diana first met dodi at a polo match where the teams were captained by dodi n charles..n later at the premiere of Hook of which dodi was one of the producers...are there any pics from those occasion??

:) wonderful picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom