Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessDianFan,
In post 35, what building is she visiting? I know that she is in Hong Kong. I visited there last October and just wondered where it was and what area of Hong Kong?

Thank you very much. You are sooooo lucky to have met her and have her remember you!!!

Hi Tenngirl and Priscilla,

She was at the Redcross at Southern Centre in Wan Chai

wow what wonderful memories...truly treasures...for you to have. i think these candid shots are soooo much better than the media pics we see of her. and the fact that she remembered you...amazing. i'm so jealous. thanks for sharing.

Thanks PrincessDianafan70 and Lossean

Pictures by A. Chan

pow024.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

I hope someone can help. I just found out that Diana, Princess of Wales, wore a diamond and sapphire necklace with pendant drop/tassels by combining her pair of diamond and sapphire cabochon bracelets. Apparently, she only wore this at one event wearing the Travolta dress (the one she wore at the White House dancing with John Travolta and was auctioned off).

Does anyone have her wearing this photo? I would like to add it to my website which I invite you to visit before the web police shut it down.

http://www.dianasjewels.net

Thanks for your help.

-Ayvee

This is the only picture I can think of with Diana in her "Travolta gown" wearing an unusual necklace. It was taken at a state banquet the day after she returned from her US trip in November 1985.

You know, I never noticed before that part of the necklace was made up of her diamond & sapphire bracelets, but now that I look closely, I think you are absolutely right.

I am enjoying your site by the way Ayvee!

Photo: Hola magazine (no photographer credited)

Oh my God, Squidgy! You have done it again! Thank you, thank you for this. I will upload it to my site and be sure to credit you for this. Would you happen to know which Arab country made the State Visit?

Thanks,

Ayvee

LOL! You are welcome Ayvee! I'm happy to help.:flowers: You are creating such an informative site.

This is the engagement:

[FONT=&quot]Nov. 14 1985 Emir of Qatar gives banquet, Dorchester Hotel [/FONT]

Squidgy! I never see that necklace before! was from the royal collection?

WOW! This photo of Diana at the Dorchester Hotel is amazing .. thank you so much for sharing :) I was unaware of this engagement..is there any others of Diana attending this banquet?

she look loverly, elegant, perfect and beautiful in every close she used.

oh, you´re so lucky to have seen her irl... wish I could have to :sad:

PrincessDianafan,
Were your latest photos taken at Liza Minnelli's Sammy Davis Jr. tribute concert? That was in London, I think in June 1992.

Thanks Princessdianafan70 and Umbrellagirl,

I took the photos at the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden on the 26th May. I remember she wore the same outfit for the Liza Minelli/Sammy Davis event. Were you there then?

Was I there? Golly, no, I've just seen photos. I'll have to check on that Royal Opera House event in May; I don't remember that one. You may have just added a new event, documented with photos, to my Diana knowledge.

Thanks so much.

Hi Lily97,

Thanks. It was really wonderful meeting her! I'm glad you like the pictures. Welcome to the Forum.

I am new to the forums but am enjoying all the wonderful pictures. I have been searching for many years for photo's taken of Diana on June 15, 1987 at the Royal Albert Hall in London. I was in attendance of the performance of Verdi's Requiem and was able to go to the reception afterward. Diana was wearing a pale pink or peach, scoop necked, sequined gown. I believed designed by the Emmanuels. There's a photo of her wearing the dress in Debrett's Illustrated Fashion Guide (she wore same dress in 1984/85 to Starlight Express)but I would love to see any more from that night. She attended the Garter Ceremony earlier in the day. If anyone can find more photos I'd be thrilled. Thank you for all the great postings!

Welcome to the Forums, smg9295! I hope I can help. I've found a photo of that pale peach dress in a 1989 book. I'm not sure if it's the correct occasion. The caption says only "A dual-fabric number for another visit to the Royal Opera House" (not the Royal Albert Hall). No date or event mentioned.

Photo: "The Royal Family at Home and Abroad" by Trevor Hall (individual photographers not credited)

Thank you! Yes, that is the dress and I believe that is the evening I saw her. It was definately at the Royal Albert Hall as I still have the program and will never forget the evening. However, that is the only photo I have ever seen of her that night and I would love to see more. I bought a paper the next day and that was the photo they printed. I can't imagine that's the only one that exists. She was so pretty and when she stood up in the balcony for the anthem she literally glowed and sparkled in that sequined gown. At the reception I stood about five feet away as she talked to the performers and she made eye contact with me for a second. I was the only other person in the room that was near her age - just a couple years younger. I was told by the people I was with that you do not approach royalty but I wish I'd said hello.

smg9295,
I was sure that you would not have forgotten exactly where you were that night, so I suspected that the caption was wrong. What an exciting night that must have been for you, to be so near to Diana and even make eye contact. It's too bad that you couldn't have spoken to her, but still -- what a cherished memory it must be.

I'm sorry that the photo I found is one you've already seen. I think the only other pictures I have of that dress were from Starlight Express. Maybe someone else has another -- or more than one? -- from the Verdi's Requiem occasion which they can post.

But I have to thank you. Now I know when that photo I posted was taken.:flowers: I'm always happy to be able to assign an exact date to a Diana photo.

Thank you gfg02!! I was just alerted from the "Diana at premieres" thread that you had left this photo and I'm thrilled after 19 years to see another photo from that evening!

Diana at Sandringham

I considering making a thread for this, but then I thought, how ridiculous to make a thread for each "event" or place or whatever. Next it would be, "Diana on High Street" or "Diana at the candy store" so I figured, this is just as good.
Diana at Sandringham
1994, 1993, 1991...and so on back until 1987, then it skips 1986 straight to 1985. It skips 1984 and you see the Queen and Diana riding together in 1983.
That is so sweet, more so because Diana had to overcome for childhood fear (yay)! Charles was with them too, and someone else, but you can't see who the someone else is because the backs are to us.
I had forgotten that the Queen invited Diana to spend time with the boys and go to church in 1993 and 1994. I guess Christmas 1992 was the one where she went to Althorp instead of Sandringham. Does anyone know if she joined the royals at Sandringham in 1995 and 1996?
Image Gallery - Click Here
All the pictures come from Rex.

I think Diana did not attend sandringham in 1995 or 1996 due to the panorama interview and the divorce. But she was invited to attend but Diana chose not to go.

sirhon11234 said:
I think Diana did not attend sandringham in 1995 or 1996 due to the panorama interview and the divorce. But she was invited to attend but Diana chose not to go.

she did attend sandringham for christmas after panorama interview in 1995 but Diana got divorces in Aug.1996 and she not go there after divorces dues HM Queen's order on the taboilds

it is correct that Diana was invited to attend Christmas holidays in 1995 but opted to stay away. She also didn't attended in 1992 after the separation.

Nice pictures Casiraghitrio! Thanks for organizing them into themes for us.:flowers:

There are some real treats here, CasiraghiTrio. :flowers: In your Post #97 gallery, there are photos I've never seen before, like Diana leaning against a car in that light blue sweater and white skirt (presumably at the polo match during the engagement from which we've seen other pics on the "Diana at Polo" thread.)

I've also never seen the closeup of her fishing at Balmoral, though I've seen one or two others from that day. The photo where she's walking with a man (a ghillie?) through the heather(?) beside the big trees -- do you know if that's the fishing excursion? She appears to be wearing the same sweater.

Also, do you happen to know the occasion of the photo where she's wearing a red coat, seated in a car between Charles and an older woman?

Great pictures. Thank you!

umbrellagirl said:
There are some real treats here, CasiraghiTrio. :flowers: In your Post #97 gallery, there are photos I've never seen before, like Diana leaning against a car in that light blue sweater and white skirt (presumably at the polo match during the engagement from which we've seen other pics on the "Diana at Polo" thread.)
I also never saw many of those before. That is why I wanted to share them.
I've also never seen the closeup of her fishing at Balmoral, though I've seen one or two others from that day. The photo where she's walking with a man (a ghillie?) through the heather(?) beside the big trees -- do you know if that's the fishing excursion? She appears to be wearing the same sweater.
My thought was that this is the same day as the fishing pictures. I thought it must be them walking to the loc or back to the castle or something along those lines.

Also, do you happen to know the occasion of the photo where she's wearing a red coat, seated in a car between Charles and an older woman?
Great pictures. Thank you!

You are very welcome. My thought about that picture was that it might be Lady Fermoy. Was that the night Charles took Diana and Lady Fermoy to the opera? I think that was the same he proposed. They went to Windsor Castle afterward to have dinner and he proposed then. :unsure:

About the mystery woman in the Post 97 gallery.
Just a shot in the dark, but.......
Could it be Barbara Cartland?

That pic of Diana wearing the blue dress with the spaghetti straps is beautiful. The color was amazing on her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom