The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Are A-levels considered university preparatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Can anyone explain O- and A- levels to me? I've never had a good explanation.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Have you read Harry Potter?

Remember OWLs and NEWTs.

They are sort of based on the idea of A and O levels.

At the end of compulsory years of school students sat O levels when Diana was at school. I believe they are now called GCSEs. These are externally set and marked nationwide exams. William has about 12 of them. They can sit one or more earlier than others as well.

In the last couple of years of school students choose what to study and sit nationwide exams in these subjects. William did History of Art, Geography and at least one other subject if my memory serves me correctly. These are called A levels.

The number and grade of the A levels determines, for most people, what uni and what course a student is eligible to undertake. They may also be used by other institutions to determine entry.

Harry did a couple of A levels and got a D for one of them - indicating a pass but not a strong pass. I think Eugenie has the most A's of the royals.

Diana didn't get any O levels, which indicates a poor academic achievement. She herself admitted that she wasn't very bright and that is what that indicates. She was street smart (she could read people) but not academically smart.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Didn't notice that in Harry Potter, wasn't a great fan of those books in any case (sorry!).

Yes, I knew that the end result was that, in the USA we would have said that Diana didn't graduate high school and wouldn't be going on to higher education. Another missed opportunity for this young lady (I wouldn't have tolerated that from my teenager).
Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I've wondered sometimes whether Diana had an attention-deficit problem. Patrick Jephson said that she had trouble concentrating during meetings, and she was also known to have a high level of energy well into her adult years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Diana didn't get any O levels, which indicates a poor academic achievement. She herself admitted that she wasn't very bright and that is what that indicates. She was street smart (she could read people) but not academically smart.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love these two covers.Magazines without Diana have no so much interest.It was always a pleasure to see her so elegant and kind.
Princess Grace and Princess Diana in the cover together is great,as they had many things in common,pretty ,elegant,fairytale princesses,icons of fashion,who died young in a car accident...
In the last cover she is specially pretty.Diana was beautiful inside and outside.Thanks maryamj
I like specially these two covers,I like the hat in the first one ,and the pink dress in the second.Thanks dear maryamj
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like these specially.They reflect her beauty both inside and outside. In the second one,we can see how much she suffered.Thanks dear gfg02
Old 01-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Site with some magazines
Neue Seite 1
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Courtier

The covers of the magazines you posted are great, gfg02! I wish I could collect all of these magazines.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

A rare magazine
Picture #10284166 - Princess Diana - 450 x 619
Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

princess-diana-featured-on-100th-anniversary-issue-of-womens-wear-daily-magazine.html

Princess Diana featured on 100th Anniversary issue of \'Women\'s Wear Daily\' magazine - Princess Diana Remembered
Old 01-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Nobility

Of all the magazine covers featuring Princess Diana, I love the ones in which she's wearing a tiara, especially on her wedding day but I hate those where she's wearing ugly waterproofs because nobody looks attractive in them. Hideous and most unprincess-like IMHO.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Serene Highness

A Preview of Harper’s Bazaar’s ‘Best Covers’ Issue
A tribute issue dedicated to Diana, Princess of Wales featured intimate images by Patrick Demarchelier, who had shot Diana two years earlier for a different cover.
A Preview of Harper&#8217s Bazaar&#8217s &#8216Best Covers&#8217 Issue -- The Cut
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Nobility

Hmm, the dress looks OK but I'm not too keen on the hairstyle because it looks as though Diana has just got out of the shower and straight into her dress.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana is on the cover along with other celebrities on People's Top 100 Celebrities Wo Have Defined Our Time.
http://www.x-britney.com/noticias/ad...apeople100.jpg
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Diana is on the cover along with other celebrities on People's Top 100 Celebrities Wo Have Defined Our Time.
http://www.x-britney.com/noticias/ad...apeople100.jpg
She sure did... though I do not think of her as a celebrity. She was a humanitarian.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

my faves
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ELKqpzPagFq0-i
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...VXfDYmrKqkk7sA
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...yCWHQIWCNXeWKg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...AWhaBcVFdJWXWg

Tags
diana princess of wales, magazine covers, pictures, princess diana