Diana Memorabilia [TRF Article]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennyllorac

Royal Highness
Country
United States

by Iowabelle

Diana Princess of Wales inspired the production of vast quantities of memorabilia, from books, postcards, and postage stamps to dolls, china, glassware, and jewellery. This article discusses the motivation for collecting Diana memorabilia and some ways to go about building your own collection.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
This article was very pleasant and useful. It amazed me to see that some people have in possession newspapers and magazing from 1981 ! I don't have a great collection of memorabilia but it was very interesting to know how you came to start it. My most valuable memorabilia is a newspaper that I've received from my gradmother who keeps many magazines concerning famous people. It's a special edition of french daily newspaper L'Est Républicain, from September 7th, 1997. You did a fabulous job by finding so many informations on how to purchase the items, their popularity, etc. Thanks for your hard work to make this so enjoyable and helpful !:flowers:

:)This article was fantastic. It also amazes me that some collectors have items such as plates, newspapers, and magazines from 1981. Its amazing how much memorablia Iowabelle has of the Princess of Wales. Your work is very much appreciated and helpful.

This article was very pleasant and useful. It amazed me to see that some people have in possession newspapers and magazing from 1981 !

I had a recent move and threw out enormous amounts of material, especially People magazine and Life... recently, I found the People from Prince Harry's christening in my bedroom in a box. Warren laughed at me when I told him about some of my "finds" and he claimed I had an archive. (Yes, I'm a packrat. :bang:).

Thank you for your kind words, sirhon and The Truth. It means a lot to me. :flowers:

I was on the internet today browsing and noticed that Alicia Carroll says she's going out of business and she wants to sell everything... not that that keeps her from having pretty high prices IMO. She's still selling letters from Charles and Diana, an inkwell given to Sarah Jane, a wedding invitation to Diana's cousins, a bracelet given to Sarah Jane, etc.

I wonder why she's going out of business. She seemed to be doing pretty well - maybe the recession means that people don't have spare money for this sort of thing.

Oooh, I'd like to get the Charles and Camilla scarecrows!!

But the thing is, in a mixed household (man/woman), what man would let his wife/significant other fill the house with "Dianaana"? Maybe a room in the basement, sort of like his shrine to whatever football team, but not the whole house. Margaret must be single.

I don't have as much as I used to, but even so the pieces I have can be a little overwhelming/morbid to most people.

Margaret has 4 children and I'd be freaked out if I had a mother in this mania of collecting memorabilia ; especially of a dead person. There's nothing wrong by having memorabilia but it has come to non-sense. I see a point in keeping magazines, articles or documentaries. However, I have a hard time to see the purpose of having twelve mugs with Diana's face on it.

I could tolerate 12 mugs, if they were all different.

But even I, the packrat, would feel challenged by this much stuff. I recently saw a sewing room/M&M collectibles room that was TOO MUCH. I don't see how people can exist in these rooms.

And how do Margaret's POOR children feel? Yikes, I bet they're embarassed to bring anyone around.

stuff in storage

I had a recent move and threw out enormous amounts of material, especially People magazine and Life... recently, I found the People from Prince Harry's christening in my bedroom in a box. Warren laughed at me when I told him about some of my "finds" and he claimed I had an archive. (Yes, I'm a packrat. :bang:).

Thank you for your kind words, sirhon and The Truth. It means a lot to me. :flowers:

I have some old magazines and things in storage that I don't plan to hold onto but will list on eBay first to see if anyone wants them (or post here to see if anyone wants it). I just have a problem throwing things out unless they are in really bad shape. I'll bet I'm a worse packrat than you:whistling:but I'm working on it, I promise! I'm nowhere near Margaret's status, as I do not have the room to display anything (yet).

Well, I have seen a real packrat -- and I'm not quite that bad, although my brother and I seem to love clutter and disorder. Maybe it skips a generation, my parents aren't that way! But I bet my former collection could top anything you have currently. (Alas, I've been forced to reduce. It's been mentally difficult to lose so many things, so I try to think of all the people who lost things in Katrina, and our recent floods and tornadoes. In the end it's only things that you can really live without. Or so I say! :D)

I have every single Point de Vue since Silvia got engaged to C. G I am knee deep for the last 3 weeks looking for Diana curtseying to K Constantine. Since all this is happening in the garage it is quite a small effort to toss everything in the garbage bins and pull them to the corner.......(One of these days) BTW I sold on a garage sale 6 coasters of Charles & Diana for $2. each. The gentleman who bought them put them on Ebay and sold them $42 the pair.........Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll have to concede to you, Odette!

I'm surprised the Diana coasters went for so much on eBay. But like I said, if you get enough obsessed people bidding against each other, the sky's the limit!

If its something different then put it on Ebay, things invaribly sell for what they are worth, this maybe different to what you want it to sell for though. Source(s):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom