Diana Memorabilia, Auctions and Exhibitions [non-Spencer]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
" Along with other garments worn by Diana and designed by the Emanuels, it is to be auctioned off June 8 in a sale that includes the silk chiffon blouse chosen for the Princess of Wales' official engagement portrait by Lord Snowdon" --

This silk pink chiffon blouse was always my favorite and she did not even own
it herself, had just picked it out for the photoshoot.

I would loved to been able to buy that one!!

Everyone at the time wanted ruffles. I went and purchased a white ruffled blouse at that time.

I have the book 'A Dress for Diana' among other books and magazines about her, a mug made to commemorate her engagement to Prince Charles and a Beanie Babies bear to commemorate her life.

Found on a bonfire??? Doubt it very much. Mr. Griffin is selling his royal medals, too. Hummmm. It's not difficult to reproduce the stationery.

I have so much Royal Memorbilia and books, I could open my own museum and I'm not joking about that either.

However, Diana makes up the majority of the Collection from books to china to the Princess Beanie Baby to my own Diana porcelean doll. However...I've never ever seen my doll anywhere else.

We have friends from NY State who is an auctioneer and whenever they come up to their summer place, he brings me sometimes up to 80 to 90 books on the Royals/Royal History. I know for a fact the next time he comes up, the Auction Book for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor's jewels and various items will become part of my Library. He brought it up the last time, but asked permission to take it back home because of the prices given to certain items in that he comes across on occasion. So he'd have an idea of how to deal w/them. Anyway...

When he brought up the doll, I knew it was coming, as I'd talked to the person who was selling it on the phone. She wanted to make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt it would be going to a good home and a true admirer of the Princess. Well, I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan and I call the moment I opened that box as a Gollum Moment. The reason being is that when I saw what was in that box...

1. Thank God there was a chair behind me, because my knees gave out.

and...

2. After that, all I could say over and over was..."My Precious...My Precious...My Precious..." :D

This doll is of Diana during what was IIRC, one of her final Engagements in New York at the New York Fashion Awards. She's wearing a Catherine Walker designed gown, the Sri Lankan Sapphire and Diamond brooch converted into the Pearl choker, those Sapphire and Diamond bracelets that she wore so often during those final four to five years, but...And this is the biggie difference between how she looked that night and the actual doll...It's the only time she ever went out in public wearing the "Wet Look"/gelled back hair. Obviously, the doll does not have that look, but it's understandably why.

Now...Here's what I'd like to know...Has anyone else ever heard of this doll before? I've never seen it anywhere, so understandably wondering. Thanks in advance for any help!!

I'm pretty sure that I've seen it on eBay at some point during a routine browse for Diana memorabilia. Now that you mention it, I remember the hair being as it normally was and not the slick-backed look that she actually had that night.

l...It's the only time she ever went out in public wearing the "Wet Look"/gelled back hair. Obviously, the doll does not have that look, but it's understandably why.

Now...Here's what I'd like to know...Has anyone else ever heard of this doll before?

my favorite pieces that i just received from my hubby for christmas was a replica engagement ring, sapphire and pearl choker and earring replicas. i know they arent real,( i htink the diamonds are glued in) but it still mine and beautiful.(and cost more than MY wedding ring set).

i also have wedgewood crystal paperweights that commenerate the cornation of Queen Elizabeth and the Wedding in 1981.

Her expression is priceless in the pink gown video.

SO Mermaid will you be placing a bid on the pink dress?:)

A little help

Hi all,

My son just found this button at a thrift store and he spent the whole day trying to figure out its origin or history. It appears to be gold plated, has four crests and four symbols (including a clover, thistle, palm tree and possibly a compass rose) on the front.

The back is printed "Royal Wedding H.R.H. the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer" in a circle and the date 29 July 1981 in the center.

We'd appreciate any information from anybody about this piece. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• di pin 2.jpg
    di pin 2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 287
  • button back01.jpg
    button back01.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Decorating the palace... Diana's life in wallpaper: Iconic photos turned into sketches as part of royal residence's £12m restoration

She was the most photographed woman of her time – but this is a rather more off-the-wall way of remembering her life. Sketches based on iconic images of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have been turned into wallpaper inside the royal residence that was once her home. The display is part of a £12million restoration of Kensington Palace in London.

I simply hate those "wallpapers"; they look horrible. They may be meant to have some sort of cartoonish look, but that is just ridiculous. Could someone explain why is there a cow in her wedding picture? Or why does she look desperate, ugly and/or anorexic in every single sketch?
One of the tackiest tributes ever. :ermm:

I know; some of them are very haunting in look, the shadows around her eyes certainly give that effect. And she definitely had a more robust figure when she wore the black strapless evening gown rather than that wan image. I think the cow that you're referring to, Artemisia, is actually a lamb. Maybe an allusion to an innocent young girl on her wedding day?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know; some of them are very haunting in look. I think the cow that you're referring to, Artemisia, is actually a lamb. Maybe an allusion to an innocent young girl on her wedding day?
I thought it was a calf, bur you are right, it does resemble a lamb much more.
Either way, I really do dislike this "work of art". It just looks really tacky to me.

I'd rather see a wall of her photos than these waif-like images.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm in the minority ... But I like the wallpaper, and was hoping that they made the image available in another form (scarf, wrapping paper) at the KP gift shop. It's a bit kitschy but still seems fun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom