The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here's a picture of my two items
Picture.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

my most treasured item is the scrapbook i started during the engagement and through the wedding. i did my own description of the bride, sort of a people magazine like description of the bride if i remember correctly.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Gentry

I have newspaper and magazine clippings scrapbooked, right from the announcement of the engagement in 1981. I was 14.

I have a couple of hundred books, including the dresses catalogue which I bought before the actual auction. Christies even sent me a list of the results.

I think the most treasured items I have are the photographs I took of Diana at the Savoy Hotel on her 30th birthday.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 PM

my favourite feature of my tribute to diana are the eyes; taken from myra hindley - my other role model, or more precisely, my second favourite royal!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...dy_diana_2.jpg
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...dy_diana_1.jpg
Old 07-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Gentry

My most treasured item is a Princess Diana doll with her wedding gown on. I know I treasure it the most because my son who was 6 at the time went into the toy store with his father to purchase a toy for himself and came out with that doll for me. This was right after she had died when there was so much memorabilia being sold. Of course he was not alive when she married, yet he chose that particular doll, boxed up, for me. Imagine my surprise when they arrived home with "my" present! To this day, I have never opened it and it sits on top of my bookcase which is packed full of many diverse Princess Diana books, magazines, tea cups, etc. My son, in his own small way, was trying to comfort me, I'm very blessed. I think Diana would have liked that.

Lily
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily97 View Post
My most treasured item is a Princess Diana doll with her wedding gown on. I know I treasure it the most because my son who was 6 at the time went into the toy store with his father to purchase a toy for himself and came out with that doll for me. This was right after she had died when there was so much memorabilia being sold. Of course he was not alive when she married, yet he chose that particular doll, boxed up, for me. Imagine my surprise when they arrived home with "my" present! To this day, I have never opened it and it sits on top of my bookcase which is packed full of many diverse Princess Diana books, magazines, tea cups, etc. My son, in his own small way, was trying to comfort me, I'm very blessed. I think Diana would have liked that.

Lily
Thats such a nice story Lily97.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I have 2 books on Diana (Rosalind Coward's and Sarah Bradford's), it's not much but I love them even if many people the same already. I prefer to buy some books that are not full of gossips, so there's only a few I trust. My precious Diana 'thing', is my picture collection I have on my computer. I've more than 2 thousands of pics and these are really important to me, in particular the rare ones. Not very special but that's my stuff.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-04-2007, 08:26 PM

These are all such amazing stories and items.

Lily97: A 'Lady Diana' wedding doll, in its box, from her (Lily97's) son.
sirhon: A Diana picture book (which I also have) and a lovely Lady Diana-wedding memorabilia plate
Duchess: Engagement-to-wedding chronicled scrapbook, with a personal description of Lady Diana as a bride
Helenw: Scrapbook of Diana's life from engagement to death(?), Dresses catalogue and price/sold listing, a hundred or more books, personal photos from Diana at the Savoy Hotel on the occasion of her 30th birthday
Sammy: 300 books, including "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" by Kathryn Spink (1981), "Dicing with Di", and the Dresses catalogue.
Me: Dresses catalogue, price/sold listing, scrapbook of magazine clippings
TheTruth: Two books, by Rosalind Coward and Sarah Bradford; computer archive of over 2,000 pictures, with some rare ones
Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

CasiraghiTrio when did your Diana Picture book I got mine in the fall of 1997
Old 08-05-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
CasiraghiTrio when did your Diana Picture book I got mine in the fall of 1997
It sounds like we got it around the same time. I bought it shortly after her funeral.
I also got the book of collected essays by her friends, family, associates from her charites, etc. the proceeds of which went to the Diana Memorial Fund. It has essays from people Rosa Monckton, Lady Annabel Goldsmith, Tina Brown, Richard Kay, Anthony Holden, Ingrid Seward, Lady Cosima Somerset....
I had another picture book for awhile, photos by Tim Graham that came in October 1997.
These books I don't have anymore. I was cleaning house a few years ago and decided to resell them on Amazon.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Gentry

Smile My Collection

This is just what will fit in the bookcase.

I have several years worth of Royalty and Majesty Magazines. As well as the "Young Royals" magazines that were only in publication for a short time. But they are all in a closet! LOL! As well as 2 Franklin Mint dolls (and outfits).
But believe it or not, mine is still a relatively small collection, I have friends with LOTS more!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0399.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	260694  
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Damn, I thought I had alot of Diana books. Impressive collection Sammy.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sounds as though you should PM Iowabelle with some details of that collection, Sammy!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
This is just what will fit in the bookcase.

I have several years worth of Royalty and Majesty Magazines. As well as the "Young Royals" magazines that were only in publication for a short time. But they are all in a closet! LOL! As well as 2 Franklin Mint dolls (and outfits).
But believe it or not, mine is still a relatively small collection, I have friends with LOTS more!!
My god ! Even the shelves are starting to give way. Totally impressive collection !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

We've been contacted by a BBC journalist looking to interview someone with a collection of Diana memorabilia. It would be helpful if this person was in the UK, but it's possible that they could deal with someone in the USA or elsewhere in the world if need be.

If anyone has an interesting collection of Diana memorabilia, preferably including stuff other than just books, and is interested in taking part in this, please PM me with some details.

Thanks.

And, Iowabelle, I hope that article is coming along...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

Coroner's inquests into the deaths of Diana and Dodi

Inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi Al Fayed
Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Commoner

Hi SARA , GREAT JOB especially the 3rd one you are a great artist

hi Oyaster i like it too much

Great job auma, now we have the queen of diana art
Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 AM

i hope you like it :)

+ blend