The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures Kwanfan!

The "Just like a woman" premiere was Sept. 24 1992. Here's another picture from Tim Graham. Diana's wearing her beautiful Prince of Wales feather necklace.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellagirl
Ascot 1986, Day Three, June 19:
I have never seen a full-length view of this outfit. Does anyone have one? ( I think that somebody said it's a tunic jacket worn over a black skirt.)
Horrendous looking!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like it, especially the hat
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Commoner

Thanks for your repplies!
I have more dates that can help you to find more pictures about film premieres:
1986:- Out of Africa; The Mission; Labyrinth
1987:- Short circuit;
1988:- Wall Street; Who framed Roger Rabbit?;
1990:- The hunt of red october; Back to the future III;
1991:-Postcards from the Edge
1992:- Prince of Tides; Hook; 1492: conquest of paradise

I haven't pictures of these events, so I'll be greatful if you can put some of them in this thread!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Oct 23 1986 Diana attending the premiere of The Mission, Empire Theatre, London.

Photos (Sipa, D. Connell)

Old 09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

April 27 1988 Premiere of Wall Street, Odeon Theatre, London. She's wearing the "Travolta gown" again.

Photos: (D. Levenson, New Idea magazine)

Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaji
Horrendous looking!!!
This was fashion in the 1980's
Old 09-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

I actually liked the Travolta gown better with no necklace than with the big choker she wore at the White House. I'm one who loves simplicity.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

I know of six film premieres in 1986:

1. "Out of Africa," date unknown. This event was pictured in Royalty and Majesty magazines, both in their April issues, so it may have been in February. Does anyone know the exact date?

2. "Biggles," May 22, 1986

3. "Hannah and Her Sisters," July 30, 1986 (not shown). I have never seen a picture of this event, which was in Edinburgh, Scotland. Does anyone have one?

4. "Otello," Sep. 22, 1986

5."The Mission," Oct. 23, 1986. Squidgy posted photos of this.

6. "Labyrinth," Dec. 1, 1986

Photos: 1.Lionel Cherruault in Majesty mag; 2.Good Housekeeping mag June '87 (I think from Photographers International); 3."The Royal Family at Home and Abroad," by Trevor Hall (photographers not individually credited); 4.Topfoto/UPPA; 5.Press Association
Old 09-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

I love Diana, but that blue and pink dotted dress is scary! I don't mind the fabric as much as the way it is made, EEKKKK.

Thanks for the pictures! You guys are doing great.

Tenngirl
Old 09-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

Tenngirl,
Did you notice the blue polka-dot shoes with pink toes that match the dress?

Call me weird, but I must admit that I really like that dress. Diana must have liked it, because she wore it several times.

The dress I can't stand is the one she wore to "Out of Africa," with that filmy white piece crisscrossed in front and the bows on both shoulders. I think that one is just plain strange.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

Umbrellagirl,
Doesn't she have pink stockings on?
The dress with the white that you mentioned is different. I think my Jayne Fischer book says that she wore that after she returned from a tour to the Middle East and she wanted to be daring. It just looks a little weird..... Like her scarf or something got stuck??
I do love the blue with lace dress, and she seemed to like it too! She wore it alot.
Tenngirl
Old 09-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Commoner

couldnt see them :(

Quote:

1. "Out of Africa," date unknown. This event was pictured in Royalty and Majesty magazines, both in their April issues, so it may have been in February. Does anyone know the exact date?

2. "Biggles," May 22, 1986

3. "Hannah and Her Sisters," July 30, 1986 (not shown). I have never seen a picture of this event, which was in Edinburgh, Scotland. Does anyone have one?

4. "Otello," Sep. 22, 1986

5."The Mission," Oct. 23, 1986. Squidgy posted photos of this.

6. "Labyrinth," Dec. 1, 1986

Photos: 1.Lionel Cherruault in Majesty mag; 2.Good Housekeeping mag June '87 (I think from Photographers International); 3."The Royal Family at Home and Abroad," by Trevor Hall (photographers not individually credited); 4.Topfoto/UPPA; 5.Press Association
Old 09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I actually liked the Travolta gown better with no necklace than with the big choker she wore at the White House. I'm one who loves simplicity.
I agree. The choker is lovely, but it distracted from the gown-and that gown was so particularly lovely, it looked much better with very simple jewelry.

Your pictures are so wonderful! Thanks for sharing them.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

1. July 15, 1993-Premiere of "Jurassic Park" (Topfoto)

2. April 7, 1992-Premiere of "Hook" (Topfoto)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

"Out of Africa," date unknown. This event was pictured in Royalty and Majesty magazines, both in their April issues, so it may have been in February. Does anyone know the exact date?
The date is Mar. 4 1986.

Quote:
"Hannah and Her Sisters," July 30, 1986 (not shown). I have never seen a picture of this event, which was in Edinburgh, Scotland. Does anyone have one?
I've never seen a picture either, which is very unusual for a film premiere. I'm wondering if the event was cancelled, or if Diana cancelled out. Maybe she was tired - she had spent the day at the Commonwealth games & then attended a Garden Party.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

February 4 1987 Diana at the premiere of Mosquito Coast. She's wearing that "interesting" (for lack of a better word) orange satin jacket & black skirt that she wore a week later in Portugal.

Photo: Point de Vue

Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Thanks for posting this! This version is much better than when she added the bowtie .
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

Squidgy,
Thank you so much for the "Out of Africa" date.

And also for the "Mosquito Coast" photo. I actually have a picture from that occasion that I found on eBay, which is sort of a side view, and I was sure that the date was wrong, and that it was from Portugal. I simply couldn't believe that Diana would have worn that hideous orange jacket twice, and especially on occasions so close together. I hadn't realized that she did vary it by not wearing the bowtie. I don't know that it's "much" better, Lady Jean, but it's somewhat better. Have you all seen the back view? -- there's a bustle or something on the skirt. I think the caption in "Dressing Diana" says something like, "This was before Diana learned that less is more."
Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

You're welcome Lady Jean & Umbrellagirl.

You know I didn't half mind that outfit. Or well, I should say, I liked half of the outfit. I agree the skirt was horrid, but I liked the jacket, especially as Lady Jean points out when she wore it sans the bowtie. I thought she looked quite good in orange though.

(Ah, too bad we can't post those Ebay pics eh? Sometimes they are the best ones. I wanted to post a picture from the premiere of Short Circuit on Jan 15 1987, but all I have is an Ebay pic. Anyone have a picture from this day that they can post?)

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana