Diana at the Polo

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KelliB said:
When was Diana's last trip to the polo? And does anyone have any pictures of this (in retrospect, quite sad) day?

Kellib, see the message 255.

Thanks for the polo photos. They were great, especially the one with Danvers on Diana's lap. How did that happen? How did Danvers parents get that close to the royal couple or were the royal couple just happened to be there?:)

Fatima,
Thank you for these two photos. They are both new to me! I especially like the black-and-white from 1981.:flowers:

Did she take a "bad" picture?
I only and ever remember seeing on "off" photo of her, so pretty was Diana!

Please remember our rules concerning posting pictures.

You can post directly only those pictures you have written permission from the copyright holder or those you have taken yourself. Otherwise, you can only post link.

Avalon,
British Forums Moderator

memory lane...

Thanks for the polo photos. They were great, especially the one with Danvers on Diana's lap. How did that happen? How did Danvers parents get that close to the royal couple or were the royal couple just happened to be there?:)

I remember the day quite clearly, but many of the memories are in part reconstructed by discussing it all with my parents and hearing other people's stories of what I was up to, as I was only 5 years old at the time. That said, my memories are quite vivid, and even then I realised that it was all a big deal.

To answer the question, Charles and Diana were simply sitting in the stand in the members' enclosure at Cowdray Park. Many of my parents' friends were sitting right next to them, which is one of the reasons I ended up on her lap, after one of them saw me trying to get a good look at Diana and engaged me in conversation. There is something very English about not making a big deal about having a famous person in your midsts and pretending that it is all totally normal, except aged 5, I wasn't so bothered by that convention. For instance once my mum was looking at a painting in the National Gallery one afternoon and found herself standing next to the Queen Mother, who simply said "isn't it lovely..."

Wasn't she just the MOST photogenic person you ever saw?
Everyone's photos here remind me of just how blessed she was, lookswise.
I loved collecting books et al, on the woman.
Sooo sad that she is now no longer with us. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Danvers...

I remember the day quite clearly..."
What a very special memory for you! And thank you so much for sharing it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana at Polo, etc.

So glad I discovered this forum! I joined in August, but this is my first posting. Very busy at work and don't have much time to view. However, I want everyone to know how much I, amd I am sure others, appreciate all the time people take posting pictures of Diana. I think about her often and what might have been.

Catlover in Phila.

Quick ? Why have some of the pictures been taken down/removed or are otherwise unable to be viewed?

Thanks for the response.

Catlover in Phila

Links can fail. Photo agencies move or remove pictures thus making the links invalid; some newslinks have a short life-span; members remove images from their image-hosting accounts so the photos no longer display; some image-hosting sites such as Supload have become corrupted; some members have closed their image-hosting accounts.
These are just some of the reasons why images hosted elsewhere and linked to a TRF post may not display.

Back
Top Bottom