Diana at 50

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for these- very interesting to read, and as always touching, and heartwarming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you I especially enjoyed the meeting Diana article.

Thanks for these. Would Diana have married Dodi ? I don't know , some of her friends thought she wouldn't, but that is not for debate here. I believe Diana would have been very proud of how her boys turned out. t They are as they are, not because of their royal status but, IMO inspite of it. Diana's legacy will live on through them, and we are truely fortunate because of that.

Well I doubt Diana would still have the same hair style in 2011.:lol:

But the newsweek article was interesting to read but also kind of creepy as well. The two things that I liked most was when Brown wrote that Diana and Charles would have been best friends, she would have defended the Middletons from snobs, and the conversation she and Brown had in July of 97.
In July 1997, Diana told me she’d been discussing the idea of making television films about the causes she worked so hard for: the victims of land mines, leprosy, and HIV/AIDS.
I wonder if that was the big announcement she had in store when she said to the paparazzi something around "Just wait and I see what i do next." I guess we will never know.

:previous: I find these aged photos of Diana distasteful; and I can't even imagine how her family members and sons feel at seeing these pictures on the front of magazines and papers.:ermm:

I don't find either age progression photo to be insensitive. They've made her look rather good as a 50 year old. The photoshoppers could certainly have created vile progressions if they had chosen to do so.

I find the all the images of Diana, Princess of Wales aged in bad taste. Can she not live in peace and not be cash making for Newsweek. The piece by Tina Brown would have been enough for a tribute.

I think it's rather intriguing to see how Diana might have looked. I can't imagine her using Botox or anything else. She would've aged gracefully. :)

I don't find either age progression photo to be insensitive. They've made her look rather good as a 50 year old. The photoshoppers could certainly have created vile progressions if they had chosen to do so.

Agree with you, I think its a funny article.

KittyAtlanta said:
I don't find either age progression photo to be insensitive. They've made her look rather good as a 50 year old.

I agree. Media does this all the time with deceased icons- JFK, Elvis, marilyn monroe, even JFK Jr once I think.....it's par for course in my opinion.....

I think it's rather intriguing to see how Diana might have looked. I can't imagine her using Botox or anything else. She would've aged gracefully. :)

I think she would have aged gracefully, too; but, with the aid of Botox, lipsuction, reborn teeth and anything else at her disposal.

I'd do the same thing if I wasn't such a cheapskate!

She probably would have a tattoo, as well.

Not sure about the tattoo though :eek::ermm:

It is very ill-bred on the part of Newsweek to publish such article. The late Diana, Princess of Wales, was a complex and complicated individual. However, any conjectures about her and her life are bound to be flawed.

Last edited:
I actually think it was a nice article- it made Diana's very human qualities clear, but it also talked about the ways in which she was very special.

It's a shame she didn't get to live out her life, as I'm sure she never would have stopped being fascinating and contributing her many gifts to the world around her, but it's rarely worth wondering "What if", and I'm sure she'd be very pleased that her death taught the royal family some lessons- lessons which have made life better for her beloved sons and made sure they have the opportunity to have strong, healthy marriages that happen on their own terms.

I don't know if this book has been mentioned - it was reviewed in this morning's edition of the Washington Post newspaper. Scroll down past the article about Princess Mathilde of Belgium.

Today's paper

The newsweek piece is tasteless trash. :(

I think it is disgusting and in horribly poor taste. I am shocked Tina Brown would do this. I could NEVER imagine having to see pictures of my dead mother, aged by computer, with my wife, on the cover of some magazine. Once again, the line between flithy tabloid and real news has been ignored. Shame on Tina Brown.

In the past, previous well known figures who died much too young have had their ages progressed to show what they have looked like if they had lived. I recall seeing pictures of Marilyn Monroe, Martin Luther King, Jr, John F. Kennedy and James Dean in such a manner with similiar headlines (what Marilyn would have looked like if she lived to be 50). So that isn't surprising to be honest.

What is somewhat tacky is superimposing her with pictures of Kate And William now. I also find such articles to be quite speculative. Who knows what she would have been like. She could have been the same, quite different or a merge between the two. Maybe I watch too many television shows, but big and minor events have a way of watching/changing one's life. Did anyone see the Gwyneth Paltrow movie...Sliding Doors...a few second and missing the train changed the characters life in major ways.

Whose to say that William would have attended St. Andrews or had the opportunity to date under the press's radar if Diana hadn't died the way she did. Thus altering his future with Catherine. The possiblities for What If's are endless.

Unfortunately, I think her sons are immune to such articles. They have become a part of their life since her untimely death.

Last edited:
I don't often buy "Hello" magazine , but there are some really nice photos of Diana in the current issue. :)
They are of various times in her life, almost made me cry :sad:
Lets remember her as she was.:flowers:

Not so sure about the newsweek article.Who knew what she would have done if she was still alive.

I think it is disgusting and in horribly poor taste. I am shocked Tina Brown would do this. I could NEVER imagine having to see pictures of my dead mother, aged by computer, with my wife, on the cover of some magazine. Once again, the line between flithy tabloid and real news has been ignored. Shame on Tina Brown.
Very well said. Could not agree more!

Back
Top Bottom