The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Nobility

i think we are all moving on, but constantly keeping her close to our hearts.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
i think we are all moving on, but constantly keeping her close to our hearts.
Thats exactly right.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana Remembered On 9th Anniversary Of Her Death
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=1&tag=1
Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Commoner

Thanks for posting those photos, Sara. It's nice that people still remember after this many years.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Commoner

The accident happened on a Saturday night...I remember going to mass the next morning and the priest offering up prayers for her and for her family that they may find peace and courage over the next few days.
Then going home and watching on TV, the public shun the Press, as they seemed to be blaming them for the accident...
Now, 9 years on, the grief is still there as she was so popular, but we move on...
Old 09-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Commoner

Here are two Music video I made to commemorate the ninth year of Diana's passing.

This one is set to the Music of David Gray "This Year's love"
Old 09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Gentry

I was ill and asleep in bed and awoke with a start and walked out and my husband was watching the t.v. and quickly switched the channel. I asked him why and he mumbled something and as I pressed him he stated that Princess Diana had been in an automobile accident and he quickly switched the channel back, he didn't want to upset me. At that time they were stating she had just broken her arm. My husband and the rest of my family soon went to bed but I stayed up looking at mindless t.v. getting reports here and there of her condition. All of a sudden a flash came on t.v. stating that Princess Diana had died of her injuries and I was all alone. I was just so shocked! I don't know if it was because I was ill or what but I just burst out crying and cried my heart out.

I too had two boys, although they were younger and hugged them in their sleep before I went to bed that night. I awoke to headlines that again brought it all back to me. Every woman I knew called me crying, even those that weren't Princess Diana fans! I don't know what it was that triggered this much emotion and still don't but it happened worldwide. To me it was a personal emotion to others who weren't fans I just don't know.

I followed her from when she first came into the limelight through all of it, I was drawn to her special light. I too think that what upset me the most about her death is that she obviously died so young but that she had moved on both in her personal life and had finally found work that she believed in and she was making such a difference in the world, and of course her beloved boys. I still miss her!

Lily

Lily
Old 09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Courtier

From The Guardian

A princess died, but the kingdom has remained

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...862529,00.html
Old 09-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

yestday was a horrible day for me, for private reasons and of course for diana.
She is in everything in my life, she is very present in all, but i cant with this,her death still is very fresh in myself, I feeling terrible now and I cant sain much more, she is everithing.....she never will be forgetted

Diana, with all the love from my heart:

it was my north, south , this and west united
my day of work and my Sunday
noon, midnight, songs and words
I thought to always have by the love, I was mistaken
to extinguish absolutely to this sky starred
I want surrounded the moon and the dismantled sun
to drain the ocean, the forests you devastate
nothing serves as anything and everything is of more
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana fans gather to mark anniversary
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/09/01/diana/
Old 09-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Time To Stop This Diana Exploitation

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/brianre...name_page.html
Old 09-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

That man's article sounded very mean
Old 09-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02
i would have agree with sirhon11234 because that articles is so means they're talking about late Diana,Princess of Wales if she would alive today and would getting haunted of her for sakes.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was startled the other day when I realized it was August 31 again.

I remember hearing about the accident as I was watching the late shows Saturday night, and I just kept waiting for more news.

I cried for almost two weeks.

It was such a wasteful death.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
That man's article sounded very mean
Brian Reade's story wasn't mean, it was true though. All the speculation, inuendo, conspiracy theories and finger pointing in the world isn't going to bring Diana back, she needs to be remembered for the wonderful person she was and stop dragging her name through the mud every twelve months. The people who still love and miss her should greive in privacy now and let Diana rest in peace. JMO.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Diana touches hearts, 9 years on

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/eu...niv/index.html
Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness

After nine years Diana has become the House of Windor's answer to that other mystery: Who Killed JFK? When the way people arrive to an early grave involves other people, like witness, seems that type of death becomes questionable by itself. A suspicion escalates into a rumor and it grows into a life of it's own.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
After nine years Diana has become the House of Windor's answer to that other mystery: Who Killed JFK?
In the minds of some, perhaps, but one can't argue that JFK's death was an accident, whereas in the case of Diana, the probability is that it was.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
In the minds of some, perhaps, but one can't argue that JFK's death was an accident, whereas in the case of Diana, the probability is that it was.
W. did you meant:
...but one can't argue that JFK's death wasn't an accident, ???

If so, then I agree with you. JFK's early departure from the land of the living was no accident, Diana's I think it was. This year alone we've been in three close call accidents involving other people driving like maniacs cutting people off with no signals, etc. We also witnessed two accidents right in front of us also related to speed. If I transpose that to that night in Paris, fleeing away like maniacs from paparazzi and into a tunnel with only one passanger using a seat belt, then you got an accident waiting to happen.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
i have agree with warren but the late president JFK been involve with murder cases in 1960's and Princess Diana's crash in 1997 but i dont think have same cases with kennedys and Wales betweens.

Princess Diana is first married to Prince Charles in 1981 till separation in December 1992 till HM Queen's order for divorces processing.

Jackie Kennedy been widow for longtimes since JFK's death

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana