The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Nobility

HAPPY BIRTHAY, DEAR PRINCESS you always wil lbe for your fans, our queen.
I wait that now you are fine.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Commoner

Happy Birthday our Queen of Hearts! You are still loved and never will be forgotten!
(it's still July 1 in Canada)

Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Nobility

Happy Birthday, Dear Princess Diana! You Always Be Our Heart Queen.

I Wish You Would Be Ok In Everywhere You Are Now!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
It's hard to believe that Diana would be 45 today! Happy Birthday Diana!
Here's one picture I don't have to worry about copyright. I took it when she visited Toronto in Oct. 1991.
What a wonderful picture, Squidgy! Please do tell..did you and she have the opportunity to exchange a few words? Did she say anything to you? What was otherwise your impression of her?
Ah, as you all can tell, I miss Diana too! But am glad she existed at all, as the adage goes. She proved that an intelligent smile can go a long way.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Old 07-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Happy birthday DEAR PRINCESS
Old 07-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
There is no reason to suspect that her sons have forgotten her birthday. They may not feel that an official announcement stating that they are remembering their beloved mom on this day is in order.
I am quite sure that Diana's sons have not forgotten her birthday. I am quite sure that for the rest of their lives they will never forget the date of their dear mother's birthday. My mother is 92 and I know she will never forget the date of her mother's birthday, and likewise I will never forget the date of mine. It's one of those things people don't do.

But William and Harry's mother is dead, and has been so for many years now, and she was no longer technically a member of the RF at the time, and in all the circumstances I think it would be an unusual thing for an official comment to be made about her birthday, and apart from the "delicate" matters, to do so would only highlight the fact that Diana was taken far too young in a tragic, avoidable, accident, and is not here to celebrate it with the sons who loved her. I think that to make any official comment would be cruel; it would cause her sons unnecesary heartache to be forced to deal with their memories and grief publically, and would expose them unnecessarily to media scrutiny about their reactions to the event.

It would just not be appropriate, IMO.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

I want to wish Diana a very happy birthday since she was born in 1961 like my mother she would have been 45 yesterday. I'm a bit late for wishing Diana a happy birthday because it was canada day yesterday and I was celebrating that. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rest in peace forever an angel in my heart! You will never be forgotten.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

i wanted happy birthday to Princess Diana because she is 45 years old but she would alives to be 45!

my Aunt have same birth years 1961 because she born in January 1961 and Diana born in July 1,1961 that fair
Old 07-26-2006, 09:59 PM

The 25th Wedding Aniversery

Hello everybody!Warm and blessed greetings to you all.I was wondering if anybody knows if there will be some sort of commemoration by the Royal Family and the British Realm as whole in memory of the magnificent Royal Wedding of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales and the late Diana,Princess of Wales?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria cristina
Hello everybody!Warm and blessed greetings to you all.I was wondering if anybody knows if there will be some sort of commemoration by the Royal Family and the British Realm as whole in memory of the magnificent Royal Wedding of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales and the late Diana,Princess of Wales?
I am very sure there would be no commemoration by the British Royal Family in particular for the 25th wedding anniversary between HRH Prince Charles of Wales and the late Diana,Princess of Wales as she had passed away and they are officially and legally divorced.Moreover,HRH Prince Charles has remarried to Camilla Parker Bowles,the Duchess of Cornwall recently. {insults deleted - Elspeth}
Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Aristocracy

There will be no public commemoration I am sure because the marriage was not a success. If Diana had died while she and Charles were happily married then I think there would be some kind of commemoration.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Nobility

{Response to deleted material removed - Elspeth}

The wedding itself is being re-broadcast in the United States, Maria Cristina-on the WE channel, scheduled for 3 showings on July 29, 30, and 31. I doubt Britain is planning a public commemoration, but I am sure there will be many who will remember it privately.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Hi maria cristine, it would be very unusual to celebrate a marriage that ended so disasterously. Within 6/7 years they were quietly (IMO) living separate lives, that changed when Diana made all her perceived problems public. They finally divorced 15 years after the wedding, so there is no 25 years of marriage to celebrate.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Do you know of anyone who celebrates the anniversary of a failed marriage? I don't so I would be highly surprised if anyone wishes to celebrate or commemorate such a disaster as that marriage turned out to be.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've removed all the off-topic posts about Diana versus the Royal Family and whose fault everything was. Anyone wishing to rehash all that stuff yet again should find an existing thread to add to or start their own thread. This thread is to commemorate Diana on the anniversaries of important events in her life, and that's how it's going to stay.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 07-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I think that the US media is going to have some sort of special on TV I just don't know if it'll be tonight or later this week. Does anyone in the US know?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Commoner

TV Special Commemorates 25th Anniversary of Wedding

This TV special has aired several times over the weekend. It is on the WE Channel and is called "You Had to Be there - The Royal Wedding" - I will watch it tonight at 7 p.m. EST I'll post how good it was - the previews looked interesting. I'm curious to see what they'll show and who they will interview.
It deserves to be remembered with a happy and nostaligic approach even though it didn't end "happily ever after." We can remember the wonderful pageantry and take a trip back in time when we believed that they would live happily ever after. I look forward to sharing this special memory with my 12 year old daughter and tell her how we were up at 5:30 a.m. to watch the momentus occasion!
Old 07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRoyal
This TV special has aired several times over the weekend. It is on the WE Channel and is called "You Had to Be there - The Royal Wedding" - I will watch it tonight at 7 p.m. EST I'll post how good it was - the previews looked interesting. I'm curious to see what they'll show and who they will interview.
It deserves to be remembered with a happy and nostaligic approach even though it didn't end "happily ever after." We can remember the wonderful pageantry and take a trip back in time when we believed that they would live happily ever after. I look forward to sharing this special memory with my 12 year old daughter and tell her how we were up at 5:30 a.m. to watch the momentus occasion!
Yes, and for those interested, the WE Channel will be broadcasting it through August 9th. :) I watched it last night, and found it quite good.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Commoner

WE Channel - 25th Anniversary Special of the Royal Wedding

I just finished watching the special and found it to be a nicely done presentation. It had various perspectives from David Emmanuel co-dress designer, Diana's make-up artist, and various other Britons that had staked out various places to be a part of the grand celebration.

It was nice to revisit such a beautiful day and all the happiness that we held for Prince Charles and Princess Diana.

Saturday morning, the CBS Saturday Early Show had a clip commemorating the anniversary and a photographer from the Sun spoke well of Diana's legacy. It, too, was nicely done. This was a special time in history that we should never forget. I will always be happy that I was a part of that day (from the U.S.). I will always hold her memory and legacy close to my heart. As her brother stated, Princess Diana was unique. I always wished the best for her and will forever hold her in high regard.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana