The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I don't understand about Fergie is that her husband loved her dearly unlike Diana, why ruine that and your reputation by sleeping with another and getting your toe sucked. She lost her HRH and husband due to her stupid choices.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
What I don't understand about Fergie is that her husband loved her dearly unlike Diana, why ruine that and your reputation by sleeping with another and getting you to sucked. She lost her HRH and husband due to her stupid choices.
There must have been something going wrong to lead to divorce. Sarah wanted to be with Andrew every day. Since he was a military, it was definitely impossible for him to fulfill her desire. Like Diana, she probably saw the good sides and denied seeing what they really wanted, what they really craved for : attention.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

But whats different between Sarah and Diana is that Andrew truly loved his wife Charles didn't love Diana the way he loves Camilla. And yes it must have been lonly for her when Andrew was away but when he came back he was there for her. I do like Fergie but I don't understand her.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
There must have been something going wrong to lead to divorce. Sarah wanted to be with Andrew every day. Since he was a military, it was definitely impossible for him to fulfill her desire. Like Diana, she probably saw the good sides and denied seeing what they really wanted, what they really craved for : attention.
I don't think we will fully ever know who was more to blame in the breakup of the marriage but Fergie could have balanced work with "play" a bit more discreetly. She had many duties as a popular Duchees of York, but when she became a tad to pompous and seen by the public to accept to many "freebies", the press coverage became vicious.

I believe Sarah felt she could do as she pleased a little too much. Even Diana was demure and "shy" in her initial phase of royal life... Sarah jumped in with a bit too much gusto...but that's the personality that Prince Andrew adored.

I believe even Prince Charles bemoaned to Diana "Why can't you be more like Fergie!"
Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
But whats different between Sarah and Diana is that Andrew truly loved his wife Charles didn't love Diana the way he loves Camilla. And yes it must have been lonly for her when Andrew was away but when he came back he was there for her. I do like Fergie but I don't understand her.
Sarah was like Diana in that she needed the someone she loved to be with her and not posted overseas somewhere. Supposedly Diana's affair with James Hewitt broke up when he was posted overseas and at that point Diana felt she was getting nothing out of the relationship. Neither lady was happy burning a candle for a faraway love.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah has always been insecure about herself and that floated over into her relationship and marriage with Andrew. Though she KNEW he was military and would be posted overseas, she couldn't control herself enough to be a good miliatary wife. Her insecurities got the best of her. The media didn't help and she craved attention/food to make herself feel better. So. . . she indulged in attention and food.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Sarah has always been insecure about herself and that floated over into her relationship and marriage with Andrew. Though she KNEW he was military and would be posted overseas, she couldn't control herself enough to be a good miliatary wife. Her insecurities got the best of her. The media didn't help and she craved attention/food to make herself feel better. So. . . she indulged in attention and food.
That situation is unfortunately not unknown among military families however I think that another one of the members who understands the military said that Sarah had quite reasonably expected to be able to live with Andrew where he was stationed and when she wasn't allowed, it made the marriage more difficult. Elizabeth and Philip had lived together early in their marriage on a military base and the Queen later said it was one of the happiest times of her life. I don't know the rationale for why the Queen was allowed and Sarah was not but whatever the case, if Sarah expected her married life to be under one set of conditions and it turned out to follow another set of conditions, that would put a strain on the marriage. Not excusing her behavior, mind you, but just trying to understand it.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
That situation is unfortunately not unknown among military families
Indeed, I looked up military.com and they have a "Dear Abby" section. Many, many letters, "Dear Thus and such, I'm having an affair while my husband is stationed over seas. . ."
Sad, sad, sad.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Nobility

I believe Sarah was quite aware of Andrew's duty...and she had now had new duties herself. What she failed to comprehend was not only was she married to Andrew but to the Royal Family business and her personal liberties became restricted as a result. London is one of the most exciting cities on the globe and it was a bit restricted when she was not able to partake of all the entertainment available around the clock,

I don't think Andrew had the maturity or emotional depth to help his wife with these issues as he had known no life any different than his own.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

You know, Andrew really stuck by her through everything. If it were me, I wouldn't. But then again, he's living in a different situation than me.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
What she failed to comprehend was not only was she married to Andrew but to the Royal Family business and her personal liberties became restricted as a result. London is one of the most exciting cities on the globe and it was a bit restricted when she was not able to partake of all the entertainment available around the clock,
Sarah wasn't that much of a fan of the endless London nightlife scene before she met Andrew. I think she had a steady boyfriend for awhile and she basically hung around the horsey set. She was a lot more comfortable in this environment that Diana was which is why the Royal Family liked her so much more at first. The horsey set doesn't necessarily party around the clock in London and seek endless entertainment.

I think you make a good point about Sarah overestimating her ability to cope but I remember at the time that The Royal Family was purposely trying to loosen up and become more modern with letting Fergie into the family. So if Sarah thought she would be able to cope more than she was, I think the Royal Family equally thought it would be able to loosen up more than it actually could.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah was seeing Paddy-what's-his-face before Andrew and the guy wasn't committing and flirting with everything around him which didn't help her self-esteem either. In a way it was the jet-set lot at well, they skiied at Klosters, and hung around with "the horsey-set" with polo, hunting, and what not.
It takes a lot of money to go skiing on a regular basis here in the States. And horses aren't cheap.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Sarah was seeing Paddy-what's-his-face before Andrew and the guy wasn't committing and flirting with everything around him which didn't help her self-esteem either. In a way it was the jet-set lot at well, they skiied at Klosters, and hung around with "the horsey-set" with polo, hunting, and what not.
It takes a lot of money to go skiing on a regular basis here in the States. And horses aren't cheap.
Oh I'm not saying that Sarah wasn't hanging around a wealthy crowd. You have to have money to be in the horsey set. But she wasn't hanging around the nightly crowd that haunted London nightclubs.

The horsey set isn't the same crowd, generally, that likes to party late amid the lights and nightlife in London. Even avid skiiers are early to bed and early to rise because the best snow on the slopes are before the rest of the crowds get on the slopes. These sports can be physically demanding so they're not liable to attract the Paris Hilton types that like the nightclubs.

I never accused any of the Royals of not having wealthy pastimes. Horses, skiing have been pretty much apart of their social scene for a long time. But until now, the excessive nighttime clubbing hasn't been a part of their lifestyle. Now things are changing.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that any sort of friendship between Diana and Sarah was doomed to failure. Sarah was always compared, in extremely unfavourable terms, to Diana. I don't think I will ever forget the Television commentator explaining how her wedding dress was designed to "camoflage her big bottom, a problem that Diana Princess of Wales of course does not have!". All that while the poor woman was still walking up the aisle, for heavens sake!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
These sports can be physically demanding so they're not liable to attract the Paris Hilton types that like the nightclubs.
Paris Hilton couldn't ski her way off the bunny slopes!

Diana and Sarah were just different personality types. I have friends that are completely opposite to me. As long as you respect their opinions and you have a good time together, you can have a terrific, lasting friendship. But there was jealousy on both sides and that didn't help.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love pictures where we can see both of them. It's most of the time happy ones.

Diana & Sarah
Diana & Sarah
Diana & Sarah

Because it matters...
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Courtier

I read on a portuguese magazine today "NOVA GENTE" that Sarah says she and Diana were very good friends, and that she felt sorry for not having the opportunity of say good-bye to Diana because at the time of Diana's accident they didn´t speak to each other.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonieta View Post
I read on a portuguese magazine today "NOVA GENTE" that Sarah says she and Diana were very good friends, and that she felt sorry for not having the opportunity of say good-bye to Diana because at the time of Diana's accident they didn´t speak to each other.
They did share many things and since both divorced they probably supported each other in difficult times. If the press and the rivalry they've created between her hadn't been so bad, I'm sure their friendship would have lasted longer. I don't think hatred took place in their feelings but it was more like a ruthless competition after their row.

While making some research on Sarah, I came across a terrible article saying that the Duchess had conveyed to Madame Vasso many intimate details about Diana's lovelife. Of course she didn't talk against her will then but she wasn't aware that the psychic healer would reveal everything in her book : Fergie: The Very Private Life of the Duchess of York. I think this "unwilled" betrayal actually broke the ladies' friendship. From what I've read in the article, the content was really, really embarrassing. I have the address of the article but I'm not sure members here would like to read this piece of garbage.

Because it matters...
Old 12-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Nobility

While I believe the person Sarah has become in recent years is more enlightened and is decently discreet about the people she cares about, I am sure the person Sarah was "back then" thrived on the lack of discretion and the attention she could get from others from talking about members of the RF to people not totally trustworthy to remain silent.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
They did share many things and since both divorced they probably supported each other in difficult times. If the press and the rivalry they've created between her hadn't been so bad, I'm sure their friendship would have lasted longer. I don't think hatred took place in their feelings but it was more like a ruthless competition after their row.

While making some research on Sarah, I came across a terrible article saying that the Duchess had conveyed to Madame Vasso many intimate details about Diana's lovelife. Of course she didn't talk against her will then but she wasn't aware that the psychic healer would reveal everything in her book : Fergie: The Very Private Life of the Duchess of York. I think this "unwilled" betrayal actually broke the ladies' friendship. From what I've read in the article, the content was really, really embarrassing. I have the address of the article but I'm not sure members here would like to read this piece of garbage.

The betrayals and backstabbing went both ways, apparently. Tina Brown in her book "The Diana Chronicles" that was released last summer says it was Diana who alerted the paparrazzi that Sarah was vacationing in the South of France with that awful bald headed guy...John Bryant..the so-called "financial advisor and that's how the infamous toe-sucking pictures were made public.

It's really very sad. These young women wasted so much time being insecure and jealous of one another. They could have and should have helped one another so much more.

Tags
diana princess of wales, fergie, princess diana, relationships, sarah duchess of york