The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, the night before the funeral, Diana's coffin was moved to Kensington Palace. That is how Paul Burrell was able to keep an all night vigil with the coffin. He is one person that would, most certainly, have mentioned Sarah if she had been there keeping him company at any time.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
In the same Majesty interview Sarah didn't mention sitting with Diana's remains before the funeral, she mentioned how upset she was and referred to her actions as I've written in my last 2 posts. If she would have included the sitting with Diana action in that interview, I would have remembered.
If I remember, at the time, in my local newspaper they had picked up a story from an international news service that listed the individuals who sat with Diana's remains at St. Jame's Palace, the day and night before her funeral and Sarah was not listed at St. James.
I .
no but someone did mention this.. I m sorry I can't remember who said it, but its possible that in some other interview Sarah said that she'd sat with Diana's body .. however I don't really believe it, as I've said. I also find it hard to believe the story that she called Diana in London, when it had been announced that she had died in Paris.. so I think that her stories are not always true. I think that she tends to try and make a drama out of things, and to make herself more prominent in a narrative than she really is..
And some of it, with Diana, I think was her trying to hide the fact that she and Diana had fallen out, and that Diana woudlnt' take her calls or meet her, at the time..
I do remember at the time that Diana's body was moved the night before the funeral to KP, as I was here In London, and we saw it on the news.. that evening.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No I'm sure it is not true, but she may have said it. I imagine that she may have paid a farewell visit....
I do remember reading it (the only reason for remembering it was thinking at the time, how sad now when she is gone and you two can not reconcile when once you had a very close bond) but absolutely no idea of the source. Let it like a lot of things go to myth then.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Sarah, I think she regretted the row with Diana, and I DO think that Diana was a bit hard in refusing to forgive her.

Tags
diana princess of wales, fergie, princess diana, relationships, sarah duchess of york