Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
An good article
Fergie & Di: Royal Daredevils

Fergie & Di: Royal Daredevils « Lisa's History Room
Ah well, yes, if only they had stuck to poking bums with umbrellas. .. *sigh*

Old 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Sarah talked about her attitude toward Charles in her autobiography. I remember her writing that she "missed" him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
. I think it's like for Diana and Andrew : they talk and like each other but it doesn't mean they are the best friends in the world.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

I don't like to put video, but this is special
The Royal Wives of Windsor

Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Picture:
Diana & Sarah dressed up in police costumes:
ilovethebritishroyals

I think this is when they crashed Andrew's stag party.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Picture:
The Princess of Wales & Duchess of York at a lunching together:
Everything Royal

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella View Post
I read that several years ago and could not even begin to remember where now, but it was in some newspaper, and it was clear that Diana resented it.

I read the same thing.

However, Diana resented most women who spent any time around Charles, like Kanga Tryon, Tiggy, etc.

So it's not like Fergie was a special case.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
The Princess of Wales & Duchess of York at a lunching together:
Everything Royal
Great picture.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very funny picture:

http://mycurrentproblem.tumblr.com/p...-costume#notes
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Yeah it is. I think this may have been around the time they dressed up like that to crash Andrew's stag do.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Courtier

I think Diana and Sarah were great friends but who have had their disagreements. I don't know what happened between them to get mad at, but I believe that if Diana were alive today, they would have patched things up and be friends again.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

I think Diana and Sarah had a complicated relationship based on living under enormous pressure and being in their 20s, new mothers, young wives and women groomed to be ladies of leisure, the original Sloane Rangers.

Sarah, by all accounts, has always had many friends and has maintained her friendships over her lifetime. The same cannot be said for Diana. Elton John has pointed out that, towards the end of Diana's life, she dumped the majority of the people who actually had her best interests in mind and hung around a lot of 'Yes' people.

Tina Brown's 'Diana' biography had a very damning allegation in it: that it was Diana who tipped off James Whitaker about Sarah's trip to the South of France with John Bryan which resulted in the 'toe sucking' scandal. Diana is gone, James Whitaker is gone, so the facts die with them...but if it's true, that was a truly cruel thing of Diana to do to Sarah. And yet, Sarah always seemed open and forgiving (she visited Whitaker the week he died).

I do like to think they would have reconciled. Their children are a testament to who they are as women, mothers and former royals.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree Lord Royal. They were jealous of one another. They each had something the other didn't have, and wanted. But I do feel that Sarah was a better friend to Diana than Diana was to Sarah.

On the night of Diana's fatal accident Sarah was reportedly frantically calling around Europe, trying to get one of her well-heeled friends to fly her to Paris so she could be with Diana. Sarah is one of the very few people who was permitted by the Spencer family and Prince Charles to pay their respects to Diana at St. James Palace Chapel.

I also think if Diana had survived the accident they would have eventually reconciled their friendship.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that with Diana's death their children show what was going on then. They have maintained the contact and mix with the same friends. Just like those early photos of them all on the ski slopes together, their children are their living legacy.

I think both Diana and Sarah are proud of their adults their children have become.

Tags
diana princess of wales, fergie, princess diana, relationships, sarah duchess of york