Diana and Non-British Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTruth

Heir Presumptive
City
Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower
Country
France
Just had this idea since no thread, I think, was created with this subject. Come on everyone, post all the pics you have showing Diana & some royals :flowers:.

:)great pictures.. I knew Diana was tall but I never knew she was so much taller than Japan's royals!

I knew Princess Benedikte was tall but I did not realise she was taller than Princess Diana. They are standing next to each other there, aren't they?
Thank you The Truth.

I knew Princess Benedikte was tall but I did not realise she was taller than Princess Diana. They are standing next to each other there, aren't they?
Thank you The Truth.

You're very welcome LOSSEAN !
Yes, she's very tall. It's rare to see a princess taller than Diana. Princess Benedikte is almost as tall as Prince Philip.:eek:

Sorry, but was Prince Philip a godfather of the baby? I find that kind of cool, since he was born Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark as well. Was Diana a godmother of the baby as well?

Edit: Never mind, I saw the answer once I looked at the link to the Diana question!

Sorry, but was Prince Philip a godfather of the baby?

I don't think he was actually. He was probably there because of his greek origins. Go here to post #9. There's only Diana as godmother of Prince Philippos.:flowers:

The pictures are great, thanks for posting them. :) I have two pictures to add, with King Olav V of Norway.

In 1981
In 1984
(getty)

Not pictures but an anecdote to share.

When the prince accompanied his parents for a formal dinner with the British RF (don´t recall the occassion) he dropped his spoon and exclaimed ´Sh#t´. His mother gave him a very stern look to show her disapproval but the Princess of Wales started to giggle about it.
The prince of Orange also remarked in an interview for his (18th?) birthday the prince didn´t think he knew a princess that he could ever marry, except maybe Princess Diana or Stephanie of Monaco.

Not pictures but an anecdote to share.

When the prince accompanied his parents for a formal dinner with the British RF (don´t recall the occassion) he dropped his spoon and exclaimed ´Sh#t´. His mother gave him a very stern look to show her disapproval but the Princess of Wales started to giggle about it.
The prince of Orange also remarked in an interview for his (18th?) birthday the prince didn´t think he knew a princess that he could ever marry, except maybe Princess Diana or Stephanie of Monaco.

I've heard this story as well. Diana might have been thinking of her own younger brother doing and saying the exact same thing.

Queen Beatrix and Princess of Wales - 1982
ANP Beeldbank

A most elegant curtsey, welcomed with a warm smile! By the way: Queen Beatrix was the only royal who was pleased to honour The Princess of Wales with an Order. I was the Crown Order which is a personal token of appreciation (it is part of the House Order of Orange and its grants depends solely on Her Majesty's very own pleasure).

No any other royal has granted an Order to the Princess. Except for her mother-in-law, who gave her the Family Order, of course.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread and thinking of the idea.

Nice photos to look at and even one that I never had seen before and I have seen thousands of them! The one with Princess Grace sitting in stand.

Also I believe in one it is the murdered former King of Nepal.

wow thats the first time I've seen them together.

Are there any pictures of Diana with Caroline of Monaco/Hanover?

There are pictures of Diana and Caroline in Paris (november, 1988), when Charles&Diana traveled to France, but I don't have any photo.

I think there is a photo of them together in the Caroline with celebrities thread.

How she was she treated by the other non-british royals?

What kind of relationships she had with them ?

Back
Top Bottom