Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we covered that his mother was a Spencer and that could be why he looks like a Spencer! :flowers:
And that, as they say, is that. :hammer:
Thomas Parkman said:
There is a difference betweet fun and vulgarity. I myself can be just as bawdy and as ridiculous as the rest. But this subject is not only speculation it is also profoundly hurtful and humiliating. I realize that the RF live under a spotlight and microscope all the time but shouldn't there be some limits of decency?
:yuk: Mea culpa Thomas. Moving on. :flowers:

Yesterday I saw the picture of Harris in the Forbes list of the young royals, where he is number two, a frontal close up, and the resemblance with prince Charles is big, in the shape and the position of the eyes, especially, as it has been pointed many times in this forum before. :)

Some years ago a German magazine, possibly Frau Spiegal published two photographs. One was the late Duke of Windsor as a lad of approximately 18 years old, and the other was Prince Harry, both in profile.
Clearly Harry is a Windsor, he is throwback in looks to past generations of the Royal Family.
Taree

I just learned that the DNA of the Duke of Edinburgh is in the possession of a commercial lab.

I can't imagine that the rats of the media wouldn't get as far as paying for a check of Harry's DNA with that of his grandfather. Just imagine the scandal! How many more papers you could sell if there was proof that Harry is not Charles' son. Many, many "delightful" stories to follow up etc...

My very personal guess is that somebody already got a sample of Harry's DNA and had it checked and that it turned out that Harry is in fact paternally related to the DoE. So no story, no fun, no money. And they can't even publish the results as this would be sooo disgusting! Noone is going to admit having done a stunt like that when the results are that the young man is in fact who his family claims.

Jo, thank you for that information. My personal guess is exactly the same, that Prince Harry is in fact the grandson of the DoE and the son of the PoW. As Harry gets older, he looks more and more like a Windsor. I have the feeling that as he ages, Harry's Windsor bloodlines will become more apparent. He most definitely has Prince Phillip's eyebrows! :lol:

My very personal guess is that somebody already got a sample of Harry's DNA and had it checked and that it turned out that Harry is in fact paternally related to the DoE. So no story, no fun, no money. And they can't even publish the results as this would be sooo disgusting! Noone is going to admit having done a stunt like that when the results are that the young man is in fact who his family claims.
But Jo, if it showed that he was not in fact related to the Windsors, even then they couldn't print it without admitting to theft and of course, who would believe them, someone would suggest that it was a cover! It is public record that Philips DNA was used to prove/disprove whether the bodies found in Russia were the former Tzar and/or his family. :ROFLMAO:
DNA tests finally solve the riddle of what happened to the last tsar's two children | Mail Online
Famous DNA
:flowers:

I finished reading Christopher Andersen's book After Diana. After comparing pictures, I believe Harry looks like his uncle, Charles Spenser, and his grandfather Spenser not James Hewitt.

Christopher Andersen seems highly convinced that Hewitt is Harry's father though. See Author Q&A: Christopher Andersen Author of 'After Diana' (2 of 2) - AOL Coaches :

For years, both Diana and Hewitt said they met in l986, two years after Harry was born. But now Hewitt admits that their affair actually began in mid-l982, and others have confirmed this. When you put that together with the fact that Hewitt was the first person outside the immediate family Diana called to tell she was pregnant a second time and her statement that from the moment Charles looked at Harry for the first time in the hospital the marriage "went straight downhill," there is ample evidence that Hewitt may indeed be Harry's dad.

Now I would really like to know how he figured out Diana had called Hewitt to tell him she was pregnant. A friend of a friend surely told him, right ? :rolleyes:

I also found this painting of Diana's father (Edward John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer, known as Johnnie Spencer) :
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/Kellinette/P1010420.jpg
His face is so 'James Hewitt', IMO. The so-called resemblance Hewitt has with Harry is very likely to come from here.

Last edited:
Harry is all Spencer - to be honest I can't believe people are still going on about this.

The Truth's pciture of Johnny Spencer just speaks volume

But Jo, if it showed that he was not in fact related to the Windsors, even then they couldn't print it without admitting to theft and of course, who would believe them, someone would suggest that it was a cover! It is public record that Philips DNA was used to prove/disprove whether the bodies found in Russia were the former Tzar and/or his family. :ROFLMAO:
DNA tests finally solve the riddle of what happened to the last tsar's two children | Mail Online
Famous DNA
:flowers:

I don`t know what other analyses were done on Prince Philip`s blood sample, but for the comparison with the Tsar`s alleged descendants, they just did a mitochondrial DNA analysis. That wouldn`t prove anything where Harry was concerned, because mitochondrial DNA is inherited through the maternal line and Harry isn`t related to Prince Philip through the maternal line. mtDNA can`t be used to prove paternity; it`d have to be a nuclear DNA analysis. I don`t know if that was ever done for Prince Philip.

So if some bright spark did get hold of some hairs or a fresh blood sample or something of Harry`s and ran an mtDNA analysis, it would be virtually certain to show a mismatch with Prince Philip`s mtDNA because Prince Philip is related to Harry through the male line and mtDNA is inherited through the female line. Not that I`d expect a newspaper headline to mention that little fact, though.

Harry is all Spencer - to be honest I can't believe people are still going on about this.

The Truth's pciture of Johnny Spencer just speaks volume

no one is saying that he isn't a spencer...the dispute is that he may not be a windsor. there's no denying he looks like his uncle charles or his grandfather spencer...it's resemblance to hewitt that is making people question who his father may or may not be.

Look at his cousin. Sarah McQuorkodale's (sp?) kid. They could be twins. All this tosh about Hewitt is just that: hot air. Harry clearly looks like his paternal grandfather; he just happens to favour his mother's side of the family far more than his brother does.

In any case, it's a completely meaningless question unless he becomes 1st in line to the throne.

It dosent matter anyway
Harry is charles son
That is that.

James Hewitt's hair is a much darker shade of red than Harry's is. Harry's eyes are like his Prince Charles, and his eyebrows and expressions are like Prince Philips. The only resemblance I see between Harry and Hewitt are their ski-slope noses, and Harry's aunt, Lady Sarah, has that.

no one is saying that he isn't a spencer...the dispute is that he may not be a windsor. there's no denying he looks like his uncle charles or his grandfather spencer...it's resemblance to hewitt that is making people question who his father may or may not be.

Unfortunately, all the talk on here about his eyebrows, mouth, expressions (they are learned anyway), will not convince anyone who believes there is more that a passing resemblance to Hewitt.

Harry's eyes are his own, but have the same slant as Hewitts, in fact every similarity supposed to prove he does not look like Hewitt, proves he does. In the pictures TheTruth put on here many months ago, show, IMO, that he looks remarkable like Hewitt. Taking into account the apparent question over the date Hewitt and Diana actually started their affair, there is every possibilty that Hewitt is the biological father, but Harry will always be Charles' son.

I think that we can compare ears, eyes, and other body parts, but to no real effect. Only DNA will put a stop to the speculations about Prince Harry's father. Furthermore, the results will remain unknown to the public at large, if even the DNA tests are already done. At this moment, opinions are based upon speculations of various pundits, James Hewitt's claims, and portraits (photos). Under such circumstances, all is possible.

But I believe it's a good thing to have thought at least once that Harry might not be Charles's son. It'd be stupid to deny the possibility since we have no proof to affirm Charles paternity. The real question would probably be : is it necessary to make a DNA test public or should this story remain private because it's no one's business ?

Only if Prince Harry is to ascend the throne, they [power brokers behind the British monarchy] may be forced to make a DNA result public. Otherwise, public at large is to form their opinion on the matter, which will rest upon facts or other materials they consider accurate.

Last edited:
But I believe it's a good thing to have thought at least once that Harry might not be Charles's son.

Why? What possible use does it serve, given that Harry is almost certainly never going to be closer to the throne than he is now, and indeed is just going to move further and further away once Wills settles down and begets an heir and a spare?

It'd be stupid to deny the possibility since we have no proof to affirm Charles paternity.

Nor is there any proof that affirms Hewitt's alleged paternity. Also, under UK law, if a father acknowledges a child as his, that's the end of it. DNA doesn't matter; under the law an acknowledged child is treated the same irrespective of whether they share any DNA.

The real question would probably be : is it necessary to make a DNA test public or should this story remain private because it's no one's business ?

The latter, clearly.

Diana did foolish things when she was married; having many affairs were certainly some of them. However for all those lapses in judgment, I cannot believe she would get pregnant by another man, and then pass that child off as the child of another man, the heir to the British throne. You would think that someone at some point would have thrown up a red flag about it.

He is The Prince of Wales, if for no other reason than he has to be. For the Succession I Mean.

Actually, Harry is not The Prince of Wales. That would be his father. Harry is Prince Henry of Wales.

Harry's eyes are his own, but have the same slant as Hewitts, in fact every similarity supposed to prove he does not look like Hewitt, proves he does. In the pictures TheTruth put on here many months ago, show, IMO, that he looks remarkable like Hewitt.

I think this photo of him, where all you can really see is the eyes, looks nothing like Hewitt. When I first saw it (I think there was a larger version in Majesty at one point), I thought it was a photo of Charles, and I spent a bit of time wondering why they'd put a photo of Charles in an article about Harry until I realised it was actually Harry.

Harry WILL go to Iraq, says Army chief | Mail Online

OMG, this endless debate whether Harry is Hewitt's son or not.:whistling: In my opnion he is not. Resemblance doesn't matter, because Harry is similar to the Spencers anyway, they were red too, weren't they? Even if Charles ever ordered DNA for Harry, why should he tell us results or even tell us whether those tests were ordered or not. I agree with opinion, since Charles admited Harry as his, never questioned paternity(officialy) boy is his son, regardless DNA results, and it shouldn't be our business. Because I think official recognition by Charles makes Harry eligable to be in the line to the throne.
I only wonder how this gossip, rumours etc affected Harry when he was younger.:sad:

I think this photo of him, where all you can really see is the eyes, looks nothing like Hewitt. When I first saw it (I think there was a larger version in Majesty at one point), I thought it was a photo of Charles, and I spent a bit of time wondering why they'd put a photo of Charles in an article about Harry until I realised it was actually Harry.
Elspeth, when they are all camo'd up, their own wife wouldn't recognise them. :ROFLMAO: You know we are not going to agree on this one, despite some posters saying that there is absolutely no possibility that Hewitt fathered him. :flowers:

What is tragic is that there was ever the possibilty of questioning the paternity of Harry.

My take on this is that whatever the truth is, P Charles is aware of it and still shows love and affection to P Harry. Diana is long gone and as so many said, there is a strong possibility JH fathered P Harry. Let us just hope JH does not do a Burrell on the Royal Family if there is any possibility he may be the father. That would be so hurtful to the young prince who already went through some hard times.

Harry WILL go to Iraq, says Army chief | Mail Online

i'd have to disagree. i see absolutely no resemblance whatsoever, not even a passing one, to charles in this photo. i guess it's all in the eye of beholder.

I have seen a couple of recent photos where Prince Harry looks quite a lot like Prince Charles.

Well, more to the point--my earlier points about him looking like his cousins notwithstanding--facial resemblance is basically meaningless. We like to think we can see it, but it's completely unreliable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom