Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question, if Harry turned out to be Hewitt's son, what difference would it make?

We'd probably never find out even if he was. It seems to me like something that would be hidden very well.

I can't remember the exact name of the documentary, but it showed Hewitt in an bad light. I remember watching at my in-laws' home and being rather relieved that they weren't in the room with me. ;) I can look for it and post a link if I find any reference to it. It must be listed online somewhere.

Which documentary is that? :ermm: I can't say that I have heard of this alleged incident. :ermm:

I can't remember the exact name of the documentary, but it showed Hewitt in an bad light. I remember watching at my in-laws' home and being rather relieved that they weren't in the room with me. ;) I can look for it and post a link if I find any reference to it. It must be listed online somewhere.

I think that's it, or really close to it : London Net : Archive News - Diana Was Good in Bed, Says Hewitt - 2003-07-15

It was Confessions of a cad, aired on Channel 4 in 2003.

Wow, that would be a difficult matter to solve for the RF. If we consider what happened to Diana when she died (i.e., her national funerals while she was no longer a member of the RF), Harry would still be a Royal since he shares the same blood with his brother, the heir. Although, he couldn't rule if William wasn't able to do so.
Actually, Harry wouldn't be a royal if it was proven he did not have the his father's blood. His royalty comes from the Windsors, not the Spencers. Being the half brother of a royal would not make him a royal. It would be a very awkward situation.

Actually, Harry wouldn't be a royal if it was proven he did not have the his father's blood. His royalty comes from the Windsors, not the Spencers. Being the half brother of a royal would not make him a royal. It would be a very awkward situation.

Yes but Charles and William as well as the rest of the RF wouldn't bear to kick him out like that, would they ?

Yes but Charles and William as well as the rest of the RF wouldn't bear to kick him out like that, would they ?
I would hope not which is why even if it's true it will never be made public. My only fear would be in this day of DNA testing some over-ambitious schmuck would somehow get (or buy) something of P. Harry's and Hewitt and have a lab run a DNA test. What a nightmare it could potentially be.

I would hope not which is why even if it's true it will never be made public. My only fear would be in this day of DNA testing some over-ambitious schmuck would somehow get (or buy) something of P. Harry's and Hewitt and have a lab run a DNA test. What a nightmare it could potentially be.

Oh yes, and I truly hope that Harry is Charles's son for that reason.

I wonder if Hewitt ever saw Harry and/or William after him and Diana separated ...

Another collage but with Hewitt, Harry and Prince Charles when they were kids ... you judge.

I think he looks a lot like Charles there. Actually William and Harry are both starting to look like their father a lot more recently...which is unfortunate....

I don't know what they would do...it would be sad.

Last edited:
-SNIPPED-
Actually William and Harry are both starting to look like their father a lot more recently...which is unfortunate....

Why is that ? Because you find William and Harry more handsome than their father ? :D

Why is that ? Because you find William and Harry more handsome than their father ? :D

No...I mean they're getting fug because of him. :lol:

Well not Harry so much...but at times...:eek:

When James Hewitt did that silly "regressive hypnosis" claiming the affair began earlier than commonly thought, I simply felt really sad for him and for Prince Harry.

James' signet ring in Diana's mahogany box told me all I needed to know about that...

Last edited:
I think that's it, or really close to it : London Net : Archive News - Diana Was Good in Bed, Says Hewitt - 2003-07-15

It was Confessions of a cad, aired on Channel 4 in 2003.
Thank you for the above. :flowers:
It is worth noting that the article says - one of his friends relates how impressed Hewitt was with Diana's in-bed performance. "It's true," Hewitt replies - Which is very different from what was stated earlier.

This was definitely a case of damned if he agrees, damned if he doesn't. If he hadn't replied at all, he would still have been condemned for having given the impression that she wasn't! :lol:

It is worth noting that the article says - one of his friends relates how impressed Hewitt was with Diana's in-bed performance. "It's true," Hewitt replies - Which is very different from what was stated earlier.

This was definitely a case of damned if he agrees, damned if he doesn't. If he hadn't replied at all, he would still have been condemned for having given the impression that she wasn't! :lol:

I so agree with you, Sky. The man was stuck. At least he said yes!

After reading the article of Mermaid1962, it seems that he agrees to be called a cad. So sincereness may be considered as a quality that he possesses ...

BTW, love your new avatar ;).

I could be wrong, but I stand by what I reported earlier. Believe me, I'm not a person given to vulgarity; and I don't think that I'd have remembered it that way if he hadn't said it. If I saw it on CBC, chances are that it was unedited.

I could be wrong, but I stand by what I reported earlier. Believe me, I'm not a person given to vulgarity; and I don't think that I'd have remembered it that way if he hadn't said it. If I saw it on CBC, chances are that it was unedited.

Oh! I believe you, Mermaid1962 :D. And according to this article it's his friend who was vulgar and Hewitt only replied "It's true" :
In one sickening clip in the Channel 4 documentary to be shown next week a friend of Hewitt mimics his posh voice and says: “I’ve got some letters to sell from Princess Diana. Princess Diana was one hell of a ****.”

Hewitt laughs to the cameras and says: “It’s true. Don’t worry, we can edit that bit out.”

Oh ... how lovely ... :ermm:. Well, he might have drunk too much whisky :D.

Apparently I was not too far from the truth :

(from TV review: Knave of hearts by Diana Wichtel | New Zealand Listener)
Tragic. Confessions of a Cad was even more grotesque, with Hewitt making such hilarious pronouncements about his life as a love rat as “I just don’t like talking about it.”

The doco – a hatchet job with the subject obligingly wielding the hatchet himself – had Hewitt endlessly establishing his credentials as a rake and ne’er-do-well. A friend at a booze-soaked lunch, playing at being James, says that Diana was one hell of a … Well, that she was good in bed. “It’s true,” says James. “We can cut that out, anyway.”

Yep, lets blame the booze :D.

There's something interesting in another article :
Coleman suggested that Hewitt's "dark side" was owing to his having never got over her. On the contrary, all the evidence suggested that there was nothing to get over. Hewitt, a little pissed, agreed with a friend that Diana was "one hell of a f**k". As for Charles, Hewitt reckoned he had done the prince a favour: "I should think he was grateful someone was looking after her while he was shagging Camilla Parker Bowles."

Ermmm ... I think he's being naughty because he actually didn't get over her death and their separation. Just IMHO anyway.

Last edited:
So THAT four-letter word was definitely there then. Okay. :flowers:

But at least it shows that it wasn't Hewitt who started this racy conversation. Although it confirms that he talked about it to some of his friends ...

I agree and it's important to see the real persons talking about it. I find Hewitt and his mother quite sincere, I don't think he was lying when he said he fell in love with her.

I feel quite silly. :blush: Having said I can't download the video links you provided, I discovered I actually have the DVD of Diana, Story of Princess. It came free with The Australian Women's Weekly 10th anniversary issue of Diana's death last year. For some reason I thought it was one of those docco-drama things and hadn't bothered watching it.

I watched it today, from start to finish. It is very good. As you say, it's important to see the real people speaking about what happened.

I don't think James Hewitt had gotten over Diana as at the time that interview was done. He seemed on the verge of tears talking about her.

Hmm, you know even if it's not true, if the newspapers get it into their heads to print something like that, they would. I mean, they do have a reputation to uphold of making up juicy stories when there is nothing else to talk about.

I feel quite silly. :blush: Having said I can't download the video links you provided, I discovered I actually have the DVD of Diana, Story of Princess. It came free with The Australian Women's Weekly 10th anniversary issue of Diana's death last year. For some reason I thought it was one of those docco-drama things and hadn't bothered watching it.

Haha, that reminds me of someone :rolleyes: ... :D

I watched it today, from start to finish. It is very good. As you say, it's important to see the real people speaking about what happened.

I don't think James Hewitt had gotten over Diana as at the time that interview was done. He seemed on the verge of tears talking about her.

I have some pity for him because I believe he has been ditched in the worst possible way and that now he has no chance to discover why he was treated like that since she's dead.

I'm still wondering about the fact that Diana claimed that Charles never slept with her after Harry's birth and that he had commented on his red hair right after the birth.

According to Skydragon, rumours about Diana and Hewitt were already spreading during this time, so IMHO it could have been that Charles had heard about them and felt that the reddish hair of the baby was proof. So he made it impossible to foist another child on him afterwards. But I guess Charles either realised that Harry was his or found that it didn't matter to him when it came to his relationship with the child.

I'm still wondering about the fact that Diana claimed that Charles never slept with her after Harry's birth and that he had commented on his red hair right after the birth.

According to Skydragon, rumours about Diana and Hewitt were already spreading during this time, so IMHO it could have been that Charles had heard about them and felt that the reddish hair of the baby was proof. So he made it impossible to foist another child on him afterwards. But I guess Charles either realised that Harry was his or found that it didn't matter to him when it came to his relationship with the child.

That sounds pretty accurate and I'd be ready to believe it. Harry seemed to be an "accident". Diana said herself that she didn't know how they had made it, so to speak. The couple was already in turmoil and even without Hewitt, I doubt Charles would have slept with Diana after Harry's birth. But I'm starting to believe that Hewitt and Diana did begin a relationship before 1986.

Has Ken Wharfe ever explained the title of his book "Closely Guarded Secret"?

Hahaha, you're right. I wonder what was the message here ... :ermm:

Harry doesn't look at all like Charles. He looks like Prince Phillip. Especially in the latest videos of his interviews in Afghanistan, he has Phillips eyes, Charles Spencers hair and Diana's mannerisms. Even James Hewitt himself said that Harry is not his son. Considering he holds Diana's memories less than dirt, I'm sure if Harry was his son he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/kimebear_2006/royals180606_600x600.jpg

Last edited:
I recently bought a lot of old royalty books on ebay which encluded several about young 25-30 something Charles. Harry looks so much Charles at that age, eyes shape and being a bit close together, 'the' ears, and the thin straight lipped mouth of both Charles and QEII. I wish I could get some one to teach me how to post photos, but I'm an absolute techno idiot.

The resemblance between Prince Philip and Prince Harry is quite strong there on the balcony.

Harry doesn't look at all like Charles. He looks like Prince Phillip. Especially in the latest videos of his interviews in Afghanistan, he has Phillips eyes, Charles Spencers hair and Diana's mannerisms. Even James Hewitt himself said that Harry is not his son. Considering he holds Diana's memories less than dirt, I'm sure if Harry was his son he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/kimebear_2006/royals180606_600x600.jpg

The resemblance between Prince Philip and Prince Harry is quite strong there on the balcony.
I think Prince Charles looks like his father. He walks and gestures like him ( and the Queen of course). There is a picture in Prince Charles biography of Charles with his father and uncle (Mountbatten). They look very much like father and son. Harry looks like his grandfather and his father as well as the Spencers. It is a shame that during the divorce too many personal details about the marriage were aired and lead to this kind of silly speculation. And bottom line-To Prince Charles Harry is his son. Just look at his face when he came back from Afganistan today--pride and relief. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom