Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As so many people than so many visions/opinions...

That's interesting story. But how much truth is in this? Who knows...

Thanls TheTruth.

I think now Max Clifford's books's things have been adopted as the proper version. I have no idea but I don't despise Hewitt for what he had done. I just cannot understand a army officer choose to be the lover of the Princess of Wales. If I were him, I don't think I would do it. It is a crazy act and a self-destoyed act. James Hewitt probabl did love Diana very much at that time,

I think the right word he inspires me is pity. Whatever went wrong in their relationship, he probably suffered about it very much. All his life he will be seen as the Love Rat, the cad, Princess Di's former lover. As for the priceless friendship she had with Fergie, their story ended, and I have no doubt about it, on a silly thing.

I wish for Prince Harry's sake that CH would take a strong opposition to the speculation about Hewitt being his biological father. Taking the usual passive course is, in this case, more harmful than anything else, for if only CH would give the proof that surely exists of Prince Harry being royal, the matter would die permanently and never be raised again. They have an opportunity to squash it forever, but they do nothing, and the media will always trump it up again and again at various times.

I wish for Prince Harry's sake that CH would take a strong opposition to the speculation about Hewitt being his biological father. Taking the usual passive course is, in this case, more harmful than anything else, for if only CH would give the proof that surely exists of Prince Harry being royal, the matter would die permanently and never be raised again. They have an opportunity to squash it forever, but they do nothing, and the media will always trump it up again and again at various times.

I actually disagree.

By not doing anything officially they are saying to the world that they believe that Diana didn't cheat on Charles before Harry was conceived whereas making any official announcement implies that they believe that she started cheating by at least the beginning of 1984.

To make any public announcement about this, one way or another, would give the Dianafanatics more ammunition about the 'uncaring' RF trying to undermine her name.

The RF, and particularly Charles, are apparently convinced that Charles is Harry's father and that is all that is needed.

Once the press start forcing the RF into making certain announcements where will it end? Will all royal babies have to be DNA tested before being accepted?

I actually disagree.

By not doing anything officially they are saying to the world that they believe that Diana didn't cheat on Charles before Harry was conceived whereas making any official announcement implies that they believe that she started cheating by at least the beginning of 1984.

To make any public announcement about this, one way or another, would give the Dianafanatics more ammunition about the 'uncaring' RF trying to undermine her name.

The RF, and particularly Charles, are apparently convinced that Charles is Harry's father and that is all that is needed.

Once the press start forcing the RF into making certain announcements where will it end? Will all royal babies have to be DNA tested before being accepted?

Should or shouldn't they? That is the question.

I admire Diana and if they made the results public, I wouldn't see it as putting Diana in doubt but a way to say to the press :'See, you were wrong about Harry, about Diana, from the start'. And it would be so good to see the media, the ones who put her as someone who had a baby from another man, who said such things even after her death without any proof, being ridiculized. But that would be in a better world, even if they did this test, there would be always some nuts to say it's false, like for Diana's car crash.

I actually disagree.

By not doing anything officially they are saying to the world that they believe that Diana didn't cheat on Charles before Harry was conceived

No, by saying nothing, they are in fact saying nothing.

If the DNA results prove that Charles is Harry's father, the DNA results will show nothing of the sort. If any fanatics want to use this as ammunition they don't have to wait for DNA results; they will find a bunch of other evidence to buttress their cause.

No, the Royal Family and the British monarchy are a public institution based on genetic heredity so the identity of Harry's father is of public concern. If Harry were the grandson of the President of the United States, his parents assurance that he is their child would indeed be all that is needed. But Harry and the British Royal Family are not in that position.

This is a concern but I think Harry's paternity only came about because Diana had an admitted affair with James Hewitt. Several people believe that Charles started his affair with Camilla before he said he did and so its natural for some people to think that Diana started her affair before she said she did.

To be fair, in the era before DNA tests, if a Princess had an admitted affair with a man other than her husband, questions of her children's paternity would arise, unfortunately the primitive technology available at that time would not allow the paternity question to be answered to satisfaction so the stain of suspicion would be on the children for their entire lives.

Some people state with authority that no test will prove conclusive to the fanatics and I agree as far as the fanatics are concerned but I have stated in this thread again and again that not all the people who believe Harry is Hewitt's son are fanatics and I believe they can in fact be convinced by a DNA test. Duchess even said that she would be convinced by a DNA test and she is no fanatic. Yet they ignore these statements that we make as assiduously as the fanatics who ignore hard evidence.

We are not just blowing smoke or making up some fantasies here. We are talking with real people's experiences which are just as valid as the experience of the fanatical friend of chrissy.

The question about Harry's paternity cannot be conveniently pegged to the blame of certain unreachable fanatics.

Last edited:
No, the Royal Family and the British monarchy are a public institution based on genetic heredity so the identity of Harry's father is of public concern.

I agree with this, but wouldn't this only be 100% applicable if Harry was the heir? Obviously then in that case you'd want to be absolutely certain that the next King/Queen was in fact the eldest offspring of the current monarch/heir to the throne. If the family has made no overtures about Harry's paternity being in doubt, shouldn't that be the end of it? Harry won't inherit the throne unless William dies, becomes a Catholic or abdicates, a la great-uncle Edward.

Harry won't inherit the throne unless William dies, becomes a Catholic or abdicates, a la great-uncle Edward.

But it's not beyond the realms of possibility that William could die - in a motor accident or skiing accident or due to illness, etc. - so Harry's paternity is a very real issue and I think it will be until William has an heir and a spare.

Harry is in the line of succession and he is royal. These are the attributes that come about because of his bloodline through Prince Charles.

As I said, I do wish CH would take a "test and rest" (forever!) approach, but I do realize that hoping CH (or BP for that matter) to take any kind of active approach against the media gossips, even on something as serious as paternity allegations, is almost as pointless as asking them to comment on Kate Middleton. Although a DNA test would certainly yield results favorable to CH, and would act as a final "told you so" in the face of the fanatical conspiracy theorist press, it would go against CH's long standing policy of Ignore It Until It Flies Away.

I've heard many times that Diana was forced to prove that Harry was really Charles son, but I think it's more speculations. Even if it was true, the Palace knows it so it's for them to know and the press to find out ... But unfortunately the press think they own the RF. I remember seeing titles like 'Diana : Our Princess'. They consider it's their property so they must know everything about them to a very unhealthy point . All the bad curiosty, seeing pictures of her dying or spreading the rumour of Hewitt being Harry's father to see how they react. The problem is that people listen to the media and become little by little like them. You don't own their lives, it's private. Although the RF is at the top of the country and Harry's paternity was made a public matter, against everybody's will.

Last edited:
James Hewitt wants to be famous. He brings up the paternity and affair thing every few years.

James Hewitt wants to be famous. He brings up the paternity and affair thing every few years.

Well he didn't start the 'crap' so to speak. When Diana admited adultery in 1995, people and media compared the red hair (totally dismissing that it's a caracteristic of the Spencer as well) of Harry and Hewitt. As far as I remember, Hewitt never said a word on that story or when he did, he absolutely denied it. It's the hypnosis session that started the rumour-machine again and on that point, I agree with you. He shouldn't have done it.

this may be of little consequence, but what about Harry's copper hair? after seeing a picture of James i must say there is some evidence there

this may be of little consequence, but what about Harry's copper hair? after seeing a picture of James i must say there is some evidence there

Perhaps checking out the other 21 pages of this thread would also add some consequence to the validity of this evidence.

true, but reading ten pages of this makes you dizzy let alone 21, I'm just trying to catch up a little :)

true, but reading ten pages of this makes you dizzy let alone 21, I'm just trying to catch up a little :)

Yeah, this is one of those topics that tend to just go round-and-round. Dizzy is a good description.

To simplify the matter with regard to the 'red' hair.

Either Harry inherited that red hair from his father's side or his mother's side of the family.

No one recently in Prince Charles's family appears to have red hair BUT many of Diana's side of the family DO have red hair thus Harry probably inherited the red hair from his mother's side of the family.

As a result the red hair doesn't prove a thing regarding his paternity.

We need to consider other physical characteristics as well as the statements of both parents and the attitudes of both parents - neither have ever questioned Harry's paternity. In fact I have somewhere an article in which Diana clearly says that she way horrified that anyone would suggest that Charles wasn't Harry's father. I also have Richard Kay's article published in the week after Diana's death in which he makes it plain that not only is Charles Harry's father but that Harry himself had asked his father that and had the reply along the lines of 'of course I am your father'. This was also in the article in which Kay makes it clear that the boys were devoted to their father and had spent quite a lot of time with him growing up, despite the fact that Diana would frequently take them on occasions when Charles was expecting to have them.

It is clear to me that both Diana and Charles beleive that Harry is Charles son and that should be an end of the debate. It certainly is in law anyway.

In my opinion, this boy has already lost his mother, now people want to take away his father. IMO, there is no other reason for Hewitt to continue to keep this story alive except to stay in the lime light. No matter what DNA says, Prince Harry is Prince Charles son, sometimes he even seems closer to Charles then William. DNA doesn't make you a father, raising the child does, spending time with the child does, making him important in your life does, so Prince Chalres is Harry's father, especally where it matters.

I remember quite vividly a couple of years ago on some tabloid television program James Hewitt was put under hypnosis to "try to remember" the time when he first began his romantic relationship with Diana.....Despite the fact that an impending hurricane (Rita) was within hours of hitting my area of the country , I sat mesmerized to this tawdry (imo) display of bad form from what was definitely a sad attempt to refocus publicity upon himself.

Despite who may or may not be Harry's biological father, Prince Harry has proven that he has become both an officer and gentleman. He continues to amaze me with his ease in his his ever increasing public duties and his desire to continue in his mother's footsteps with full awareness of his royal role.

He shows that no matter where you come from it matters more where you go.

I'd still like to know why he needed hypnosis to get him to remember. I mean, repressed memories are supposed to be traumatic, and it's rather an insult to Diana for him to be suggesting that the start of their affair was so traumatic that it requires hypnosis for him to remember.

Yeah, this is one of those topics that tend to just go round-and-round. Dizzy is a good description.

:dizzy: :sick:
Around and around....
A: Is Hewitt Harry's father?
B: Yes, he is! The red hair!
C: But the Spencers have red hair too!
B: Well, no one questions that Diana is his mother.
A: But he looks like Philip, and Charles too!
B: But James and Charles look alike so who knows....
A: Well, James denies it.... and there is no proof!
B: The red hair!

And around and around.... :rolleyes:

It's really sad the man can't find something else to do besides rehashing a period of life most people would rather not admit to. It's a good thing he doesn't have a wife. Who would want to share a marriage with a ghost.

I am truly upset with James Hewitt's participation in this movie regarding Diana. But as Dr. Phil McGraw has said before, "Past behaviour is a good prediction of future behaviour" so it was only a matter of time Hewitt did something creepy like this. Thank goodness people can see him for the cad he thoroughly is. He has no regard or respect for the princess nor for the feelings of her sons....

I'd still like to know why he needed hypnosis to get him to remember. I mean, repressed memories are supposed to be traumatic, and it's rather an insult to Diana for him to be suggesting that the start of their affair was so traumatic that it requires hypnosis for him to remember.

The show (here in America) that featured a snippet of the British show (I have forgotten the name of the British show) was "Inside Edition"....

I am sure there are people so traumatised by life that regression-hypnosis has been utilized in clinical settings to uncover abuse or other events to painful to recall in a conscious state.

However, imo, Mr. Hewitt "used" this premise to 1) get some publicity to stay within the minds of the public and 2) to "cover his tracks" should there be a grain of truth that he indeed keep company with the Princess at an earlier than already known time.

I don't believe James Hewitt will ever go away or go quietly. He will pop up from time to time to line his blazer pockets with chump change.

I am truly upset with James Hewitt's participation in this movie regarding Diana. But as Dr. Phil McGraw has said before, "Past behaviour is a good prediction of future behaviour" so it was only a matter of time Hewitt did something creepy like this. Thank goodness people can see him for the cad he thoroughly is. He has no regard or respect for the princess nor for the feelings of her sons....

Hewitt was a part of the boys' lives, too. They spent a lot of time together. We can't pretend to imagine what William & Harry think about Hewitt. They might have fond memories of him.

I've always tended to defend Hewitt, but this does sound a bit over the top. I want to see it though; it might be interesting. I hope there are no explicit sex scenes. :eek: Eeek.

Back
Top Bottom