The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I don't believe anyone has question who his mother was!
No, but there are the rumours that Diana wasn't Earl Spencer's daughter, which means that her sons wouldn't be Spencers genetically.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
all the photos of harry's resemblance to the spencer's doesn't disprove hewitt's being the biological parent. of course it makes sense that he resembles the spencer's - his mother was a spencer. i'm not saying that hewit is the bioligical parent but nothing has been published to prove otherwise and until it does then i'm open minded about it. but as skydragon stated charles is his father.
It won't make any difference whether it's published or not. The published results of the French inquiry into Diana's death didn't stop the rumour mills about whether she was murdered. If the British inquest comes to the conclusion of accidental death, it won't stop the rumour mills. No amount of evidence has made any difference to the people who are sure the Moon landings were just a hoax perpetuated by a conspiracy theory. It'll be the same thing here.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
i don't dislike diana, i adored her just like millions all around the world but i also accept her warts and all. i do have my doubts as to who harry's biological parent is. just because he has the spencer coloring doesn't mean he can't be hewitt's son. if evidence comes along that can undeniably prove the parentage, which i certainly don't EVER expect will happen, then i will accept it.
But to doubt the parentage means to slander the mother who, while having had affairs in her life must not have been so stupid! In the Ken Wharfe-book he quotes Diana as having said (he claims he had only one converstaion with her about it and she was "in tears" about the claim that Harry was not Charles' son): "I don't know how my husband and I did have Harry because by then he had already gone back to his lady, but one thing that is absolutely certain is that we did". And he adds: "And I believe her absolutely" (p. 45 of the Wharfe book: Diana - closely guarded secrets).

As for the colouring of Harry as "proof" aka "smoke", so there must have been a fire: he looks like the son of his aunt. Thus it's no proof at all!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The rumour has been about since the boy was born and even some of those who support Diana, even now, believe that it was Dianas payback on the royals, that she deserved every happiness and if Harry was the result, so be it. People shouldn't keep putting all the negative things about Diana down to people who didn't like her. The way any proven nasty bits are glossed over is tedious.
Do you mean to say that back in 1984, years before the rumours about extramarital affairs started up and two years before Hewitt and Diana claimed to have met, there were already rumours that this guy nobody had ever heard of was the father of Prince Charles's younger son?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

If Harry were a blonde or a brunette, we probably wouldn't be having this debate. I think the major factor of the whole thing is he shares Hewitt's hair color.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Just a moment: do I really understand you? You're saying because "nothing has been published to prove" that Hewitt is not biological parent of the second son of the prince and princess of Wales you're openminded about it?
Well, nothing has ever been published to prove that my uncle or a friend of my father's was not my father, so it could be a fact that I'm not my father's biological daughter... Or the same for you. Has someone ever proven that your mother's best male friend is not your biological father instead of the man you call Dad? Are you openminded about that possibility as well? I have to confess, I'm no. My Dad is my Dad and my Mum did not cheat on him. As long as nobody really proves otherwise, it's a fact that children born in wedlock are legitimate and their official father's children. IMHO.
yes, i'm saying that i'm open minded to the question of who his father is. however, i'm not questioning who his mother is.

since you've decided to make this personal then yes, i'm open minded to, and have, for various reasons throughout my life, given serious thought to the possibility that neither of parents are my bioligical parents. have i ever taken measures to find out - no. do i need to take measures to find out - no - because i feel the same way - my father is my father and even if i did find out that he's not my biological father it wouldn't change the way i feel about him.

having said all that, suppose for some crazy reason it was proven that hewitt was the father. i don't think it would change the way harry feels about charles. you are right, charles is his father...and been a damn good one from what i've seen. but for me, i remain open minded about it.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But to doubt the parentage means to slander the mother who, while having had affairs in her life must not have been so stupid! In the Ken Wharfe-book he quotes Diana as having said (he claims he had only one converstaion with her about it and she was "in tears" about the claim that Harry was not Charles' son): "I don't know how my husband and I did have Harry because by then he had already gone back to his lady, but one thing that is absolutely certain is that we did". And he adds: "And I believe her absolutely" (p. 45 of the Wharfe book: Diana - closely guarded secrets).

As for the colouring of Harry as "proof" aka "smoke", so there must have been a fire: he looks like the son of his aunt. Thus it's no proof at all!
i'm not slandering anyone...and for all time and all over the world a lot people have questioned their parentage for various reasons.

i'm totally lost on the second part of your post. i was just saying that just because harry looks like a spencer doesn't mean that would eliminate hewitt as the potential biological father. is that what you mean that just because he looks like his aunt he could be her son? i suppose that's a good point too. however do we want to open that can worms?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:44 PM

The problems with looks is that people can look like others without actually being at all related. I have a alot of lookalike friends, namely one of the Queen and of Joan Collins. Just because they look extraordinarily like the Queen and Joan, doesn't mean they're related.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not believe for a moment that Hewitt is Harry's father. The red hair is a Spencer trait and Harry has Charles' face and features. As willful as Diana could be, she never would have given birth to a child who was not of the blood royal during her marriage.

People forget that Diana had royal protection officers watching her every move, including who she was sleeping with and the royal family is often spied on by MI6. There is no way The Queen would not know if Hewitt was, in fact, Harry's father.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Commoner

lets really think here, just say that harry was hewitts son do you really think the queen and charles would let the whole public know, i for one doubt that, for all we know hewitt might be his father but they will kept that secret we would never know for certain.

A few years ago when there was rumours in the papers along with pictures i did think well maybe he was, but the other day i saw a clip of harry from an interview that will be shown the day before dianas concert and he looks the spitting image of charles, in the last 2years the pictures of harry you can not deny that charles is his father.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
I do not believe for a moment that Hewitt is Harry's father. The red hair is a Spencer trait and Harry has Charles' face and features. As willful as Diana could be, she never would have given birth to a child who was not of the blood royal during her marriage.

People forget that Diana had royal protection officers watching her every move, including who she was sleeping with and the royal family is often spied on by MI6. There is no way The Queen would not know if Hewitt was, in fact, Harry's father.
She denied having a sexual relationship with her bodyguard, but you are quite right the queen would have known if Harry wasn't her grandson.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

i did say in an earlier post that harry has mannerisms that are undeniably charles-like. i don't however think he looks one iota like him. i agree that if in fact he was hewitt's child we will never know about it. i think he resembles hewitt moreso but as someone said earlier that's not something that you can go and i agree with that. we all have a "twin". anyway...i haven't meant to start arguments i just wanted to give an opinion and i hope i haven't tread on anyone's toes. this is quite a delicate subject and i respect EVERYONE'S thoughts on it.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
She denied having a sexual relationship with her bodyguard, but you are quite right the queen would have known if Harry wasn't her grandson.
Therefore, it follows if he wasn't, both the Government and the Crown would have taken action to deny him right of succession and his style and title of HRH Prince of the UK.

Even in a modern society, there is no way Harry would be allowed to be in line to the throne if he wasn't Charles' son.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

true enough but would they tell the world if he wasn't charles's biological son? if they denied him the styles and titles wouldn't it be saying something they didn't want the world to know?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Therefore, it follows if he wasn't, both the Government and the Crown would have taken action to deny him right of succession and his style and title of HRH Prince of the UK.

Even in a modern society, there is no way Harry would be allowed to be in line to the throne if he wasn't Charles' son.
Do you really think so? I think that to make noises about denying Harry such things because he's not Charles' son would open a can of worms the RF wouldn't want to open. The republicans would love it and public opinion would turn against them because it would be very cruel. No, even if Harry is Hewitt's child and the RF know it, they'll keep it quiet and keep their fingers crossed that William marries early and breeds quickly.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
true enough but would they tell the world if he wasn't charles's biological son? if they denied him the styles and titles wouldn't it be saying something they didn't want the world to know?
Indeed, especially back in 1984 when the Wales marriage was still supposed to be a happy one. It would have created a really major scandal, and the fallout would have been hugely damaging to the monarchy.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
If Harry were a blonde or a brunette, we probably wouldn't be having this debate. I think the major factor of the whole thing is he shares Hewitt's hair color.

I find Prince Harry's features very close to the Spencer family...All the Hewitt affair is ridicoulous. The man must be wanting publicity or something...

Oh, wait. And maybe my father is not my father...For nobody had already said that my next door neighbor was not...and maybe he is.

Vanesa.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

I'm one of those people who think that Charles is Harry's father,but I can understand why tongues are wagging.James Hewitt, himself, bears a strong resemblance to a younger version of Johnny Spencer,Diana's father.But appearance isn't what a parent makes;Harry offered to take the DNA test years ago,but the Queen said no. She herself had to live with the rumour that Andrew was not Philip's son!And Buckingham Palace officials think that the chances are slim-to-none that Hewitt is the father,so they don't think it's necessary;they know that the Windsors all consider Harry to be one of them and that is that.If Harry were to take the DNA test and Hewitt were the father,the only thing that would change would be the line of succession;Harry would still be part of the family.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
I find Prince Harry's features very close to the Spencer family...All the Hewitt affair is ridicoulous. The man must be wanting publicity or something...

Vanesa.
Which man? Hewitt does not claim to be Harry's father, in fact he denied it in his autobiography.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
yes, i'm saying that i'm open minded to the question of who his father is. however, i'm not questioning who his mother is.

since you've decided to make this personal then yes, i'm open minded to, and have, for various reasons throughout my life, given serious thought to the possibility that neither of parents are my bioligical parents. have i ever taken measures to find out - no. do i need to take measures to find out - no - because i feel the same way - my father is my father and even if i did find out that he's not my biological father it wouldn't change the way i feel about him.
Duchess, I believe we have a misunderstanding here. What I was trying to point out is that there is a very important lex in law: "In dubio pro reo" - which means in case there is a doubt, it's to the advantage of the accused.

You turned (or so I read it) this principle into the opposite: you said that because there is no proof for the innocense of Diana in this case, you doubt Harry's parentage. And IMHo that is not fair, not to Diana, not to Harry. There must be a presumption of innocense or proof: as long as there is no proof, Harry has a right to be considered Charles' son. Which he legally is anyway as his parentage was never contested with legal action.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana