The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
There were pictures of Harry as a young child that reminded me of Prince Edward at that age. Sometimes I still see a similarity in the smile.
Nowadays I see a lot of Prince Philip in Harry, and Harry has Charles's close-set eyes.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

So I briefly saw that Hewitt is making the rounds again.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

And a very wizened and melancholy figure Hewitt presents. Not that I'm particularly sorry for him. Like Burrell his life seems to have stopped in some measure since 1997.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

James Hewitt and Paul Burrell tried to jump on the Diana bandwagon to take advantage of their relationships with her after her death and their actions backfired on them. Hewitt was especially slimy when he had the nerve to try to sell her private letters to him. That was exceptionally low.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do people watch these things? I have watched one interview iwht Hewitt, I think that as someone who knew Diana, who was her lover, there was some point ot hearing a bit of what he had to say about their relationship. And I do feel a tiny bit of sympathy for him because I think that he had some feelings for her and she did at times "use him". . but still his behaivour was terrible in outing their affair and in going on talking about it over and again to make money
Old 05-14-2017, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
PRINCESS Diana’s former lover James Hewitt was last night reportedly fighting for his life after suffering a heart attack and stroke.

The 59-year-old was given emergency surgery and doctors gave him a “slim chance” of survival, according to reports.

The former Army officer is now said to be recovering.
Princess Diana's ex-lover James Hewitt 'suffers heart attack and stroke' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 05-14-2017, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

This must be awful for James's elderly mother and his siblings. Heaven knows he has been criticised for his past actions re Diana but a heart attack AND a stroke are massive traumas to undergo. I hope he makes a good recovery. He's not very old.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:13 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
No matter what the personal opinion is of Mr. Hewitt (I actually don't really have one myself), I'm hoping he has a complete recovery. 59 years old is way to young to suffer a heart attack and a stroke at the same time.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Majesty

Sadly not that uncommon. You have a pretty good risk of a stroke within the first month after a heart attack (risk is for up to a year). Something like 15% risk with in three days. If you have pre existing issues, can elevate it. The article says he was dealing with pre existing illness at the time which likely increased that chance, depending on what it was.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery, for his and his family's sake.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Majesty

My best wishes for Mr. Hewitt's recovery.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Not even worthy of comment IMO. MY sympathies to his family

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Charles knew of Diana’s affair… and didn’t care: The 1987 photograph that showed the Prince joking with James Hewitt - who had been sleeping with his wife for a year

• James Hewitt was the one man to profit from Diana and the only one to whom she publicly declared her love
  • Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy say that Charles 'didn't much care' about the affair
  • They add that this was 'because he himself had returned to the bed of Mrs Parker Bowles'
Old 07-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Of course he knew about her affair with Hewitt...they were both aware, IMO, of whom the other was involved with.

LaRae
Old 07-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Of course he knew about her affair with Hewitt...they were both aware, IMO, of whom the other was involved with.

LaRae
I agree. I still believe there was some kind of agreement between them about this "topic" ...
Old 07-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I agree. I still believe there was some kind of agreement between them about this "topic" ...
Yes I'm guessing there was. Hardly the first couple to have this type of arrangement.

LaRae
Old 08-27-2017, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes I'm guessing there was. Hardly the first couple to have this type of arrangement.

LaRae
Of course not. Charles didn't care about Diana's affair provided she chose a man who "knew how to behave" and was discreet. Alas Hewitt didn't.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana