The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Why should he be ignored?

She started it. If she cared about her privacy, she should have kept her private life private.

She is the cause of him being trashed all over the internet and media.
He has every right to do anything that might make him whole again.
He was the one wronged.
If he needs her letters to prove he was not lying about their relationship starting in 1982, then why try to deny him his rights.
If he needs a source of income, because he could not support himself because of his tarnished reputation, then why deny him his right to an income.

The double standard that she could do what she wants and tell her story but he cannot because if he did then he is a cad, is the height of hypocrisy.
He made the choice to involve himself in an affair with a married woman...and not just any married woman.

It's got nothing to do with a double standard. I'm not supporting what she did either. However this isn't about her. She's dead. We are talking about his actions now.

LaRae

Old 11-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Well clearly it's all just speculation and opinion. Just like the nature of James' relationship with Diana and whether or not he was truly devoted/loyal to her.
I am going by what has been reported by others who were present or heard from Diana herself. Her actions with Hewitt speak volumes. You just have to look at the famous picture of Diana handing Hewitt the trophy to have an insight into their relationship. In their own words, they adored each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
We can read all the books and articles we want, but only the people involved know what really went down between them. Everything else is just opinion based on what one reads, or the feelings one has for the parties involved.
Correct, and we are hearing from those involved: they adored each other. What more do we need?

My feelings about Hewitt (I have next to none except a feeling of pity for his making the choice to get tangled up with Diana in the first place) or about Diana (which are not positive overall, I admit, but I do have compassion for her) hardly has a bearing on what I see between the two. I do take into consideration Diana's character, which we know a great deal about. Hewitt is more the mystery. One has to infer his character from how events unrolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
So what you are saying is that, if Hewitt couldn't cash in socially, then he was justified in doing so financially?
No, you are taking what I am saying too far. The statement was made by a poster that Hewitt betrayed Diana. My point was that lovers of members of the BRF are given a sort of social protection as 'close friends' of the royal. We can just say it's my opinion. Let's say I am floating a reasonable speculation. My point was to show that it was Diana who betrayed Hewitt when she cut him out without further communication. There was no betrayal by Hewitt initially, no matter what you think of Hewitt or his later actions.

I am aware that 'cashing in' on royal connections is a touchy subject for many. Even socially 'cashing in' apparently. I have to admit that I am out of my depth with this line of reasoning. My American sensibilities make me ill-equipped to understand the British pov on this, so I will withdraw while I am ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, that really sounds as if he regarded his liaison with Diana as a great love story.
You cannot forgive him for 'telling'. How about Diana? Can you forgive her for 'telling' about Charles? How does this work? I confess to being confused. Some posters have mentioned a double standard. I'd have to agree.

What I do know, if someone I once loved could ease their daily life by selling something that belonged to me (were I ever famous) I'd tell them to do it. In a heart beat! The 'thing' means nothing. Well being is everything. That's love imo.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

James Hewitt is only doing these things to gain some attention and to remind the media and others about the past, which is no longer relevant. I would tell him to get his head out of the past and be a better person than this.

Hewitt reminds me of Paul Burrell. They will do anything to draw some attention to themselves and cash in on Diana's name. They have beat that dead woman's memory over the head one too many times.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Majesty

I agree. Diana and Hewitt were adults and both aware of the risks they were taking in pursuing their relationship. William and Harry were innocent bystanders who developed a child-like attachment to their mother's friend. William's letters shouldn't be sold. I think that William's letters should be returned to William.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Whatever, publishing letters, especially by a child, is a breach of trust in my eyes.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
James Hewitt is only doing these things to gain some attention and to remind the media and others about the past, which is no longer relevant. I would tell him to get his head out of the past and be a better person than this.
How do you know this? It's a serious question. From what I understand he was trying to do the transaction 'on the quiet' and it was the Daily Mail who blew the whistle on his attempt. How is that him trying to draw attention to himself when it was the Daily Mail who blew his cover?

Quote:
Hewitt reminds me of Paul Burrell. They will do anything to draw some attention to themselves and cash in on Diana's name. They have beat that dead woman's memory over the head one too many times.
Well, it's a point of view. Even if it's true (and I don't think it is) it's not anything to 'hate' him for imo. JMO.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
How do you know this? It's a serious question. From what I understand he was trying to do the transaction 'on the quiet' and it was the Daily Mail who blew the whistle on his attempt. How is that him trying to draw attention to himself when it was the Daily Mail who blew his cover?

Well, it's a point of view. Even if it's true (and I don't think it is) it's not anything to 'hate' him for imo. JMO.
Do you honestly think James can sell a letter that has something to do with his past with Diana and William "quietly" and not gain some attention from the media? Not going to happen. James knows what he's doing, and he's not fooling anybody.

James's number one move is to remind people and the media of his connection to Diana and that he's still around. He has danced on her grave for years and his heart is in the bank.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you honestly think James can sell a letter that has something to do with his past with Diana and William "quietly" and not gain some attention from the media? Not going to happen. James knows what he's doing, and he's not fooling anybody.

James's number one move is to remind people and the media of his connection to Diana and that he's still around. He has danced on her grave for years and his heart is in the bank.

Than we have to agree to disagree on that point - I very believe he wanted to get it sold quitly and without fuss, because he needs money. Diana very much ruined his chances of getting adequat good jobs after she spilled the beans and freezed him out. That wasn't what he had to expect. In the 'normal' run of things they would have stayed amically and friendly even after a split. But Diana didn't play by the rules - in many ways - that's what brought the whole 'war of the wales' desaster on.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:

She started it. If she cared about her privacy, she should have kept her private life private.

She is the cause of him being trashed all over the internet and media.
He has every right to do anything that might make him whole again.
He was the one wronged.
If he needs her letters to prove he was not lying about their relationship starting in 1982, then why try to deny him his rights.
If he needs a source of income, because he could not support himself because of his tarnished reputation, then why deny him his right to an income.

The double standard that she could do what she wants and tell her story but he cannot because if he did then he is a cad, is the height of hypocrisy.

Yes, blame Diana for everything. I think you're forgetting that James chose to have a relationship with her (a married woman). When he was caught possessing cocaine in 2004, which did not help his 'tarnished reputation', was that Diana's fault too?

I think you're talking about the West End play 'Truth, Lies, Diana' when you said he claimed their relationship started in 1982. Actually, the play claimed that their relationship started 18 months before Harry was born which would be 1983, not 1982. This is also the same play that claimed that the palace discovered that she was expecting a 'Moslem baby' and, with the help of the world's top arms dealers, killed Diana. Because of this, I really doubt the credibility of the said play.

Even Penny Junor, an author that always defends Prince Charles, said that Hewitt was not on the scene in 1984 and was not the father of Prince Harry as was shown on the negative DNA test by the News of the World in 2003.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:50 AM

James Hewitt 'regrets everything' about meeting Diana after denying he tried to sell her letters
Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

RICHARD KAY asks, can James Hewitt sink any lower?* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I can answer that in one word: Harry.

Every time Hewitt crawls out from under his rock with more smarmy innuendos, there is commentary in the papers questioning Harry's paternity.

It must be a nightmare for him despite the fact that he bears little resemblance to Hewitt today.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Than we have to agree to disagree on that point - I very believe he wanted to get it sold quitly and without fuss, because he needs money. Diana very much ruined his chances of getting adequat good jobs after she spilled the beans and freezed him out. That wasn't what he had to expect. In the 'normal' run of things they would have stayed amically and friendly even after a split. But Diana didn't play by the rules - in many ways - that's what brought the whole 'war of the wales' desaster on.
We're talking about a grown man here, Nice Nofret. He made the decision to get involved with a married woman and decided to spill the beans when the relationship ended. What they both did in the past was wrong, but Hewitt has acted like an *** in public for many years. He went on playing around with the media over Harry's paternity, which we know the rumor isn't true. He has done several interviews that were totally nonsense. Jame Hewitt has behaved horribly for a long time and he will not gain any sympathy from me. He could've went on living a nice quiet life somewhere and not dwell on the past like a decent human being, but he can't do that for too long.

If James Hewitt's life have been ruined, he did that to himself, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Well, we are also talking about a grown Woman with two small kidds, who decided to cheat on her husband ... and Hewitt wasn't the first with whom she cheated... - and she was indiscreet and had the Morton-Book written and than that Panorama-Interview !!!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Well, we are also talking about a grown Woman with two small kidds, who decided to cheat on her husband ... and Hewitt wasn't the first with whom she cheated... - and she was indiscreet and had the Morton-Book written and than that Panorama-Interview !!!
Right, that's why I said that they both did some wrong things. I'm not excusing Diana's behavior, but Hewitt has behaved badly since her passing, and has kept a untrue and hurtful rumor in the public arena for a long time. The past was hurtful, but one must get over it and move on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Right, that's why I said that they both did some wrong things. I'm not excusing Diana's behavior, but Hewitt has behaved badly since her passing, and has kept a untrue and hurtful rumor in the public arena for a long time. The past was hurtful, but one must get over it and move on.
Well that's the problem isn't it? No one other than Diana and Harry's father was present when he was conceived so no one other than Diana can know for sure who his father is. Add to that the strong resemblance that many people can see between Harry and Hewitt and you have a question that will probaly never go away. It's very sad for Harry but I think these snidey comments about his parentage are going to dog him for the rest of his life.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Well that's the problem isn't it? No one other than Diana and Harry's father was present when he was conceived so no one other than Diana can know for sure who his father is. Add to that the strong resemblance that many people can see between Harry and Hewitt and you have a question that will probaly never go away. It's very sad for Harry but I think these snidey comments about his parentage are going to dog him for the rest of his life.
As Harry got older, sometimes I would have to do a double take looking at pictures because if Harry bears a strong resemblance to anyone, it is Charles. I'm thinking perhaps the Hewitt parentage rumors started solely because Harry inherited the Spencer ginger from his mother. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind who Harry's father is and I would bet my last candy cane that Harry has no doubts at all either.

When a marriage has hit rock bottom and there is no hope for the relationship to ever get on solid footing again, those involved that are trying to find their footing as "married singles" (as a marriage counselor I knew once referred to people in this situation) often can do some crazy things they'd never thought they'd do. What happened between Diana and James Hewitt was the right thing for them to do at the time and they both went into it with eyes wide open.

Life is about choices we make and its the effects from these choices that define our future paths. Unfortunately for Hewitt, he chose to be involved with a very high profile woman who had captivated the public interest in her private life and still has quite a following even to this day. To quote an old saying, "Love is blind but the neighbors ain't" applies here to Hewitt as his involvement with Diana will never, ever totally go away.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

There's no doubt Harry is the son of Charles. There's likenesses that can be seen in several members of the family.

It's cruel for the media (all forms) to speculate otherwise. How do these people sleep at night?

LaRae
Old 11-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There's no doubt Harry is the son of Charles. There's likenesses that can be seen in several members of the family.

It's cruel for the media (all forms) to speculate otherwise. How do these people sleep at night?

LaRae
They don't.

They sleep in coffins in their basements during the day.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You sound like a wonderfully decent human being.
I mainly just can't understand those who have such a deep interest in exposing, or reading about, other people's private business!

I'm sorry Hewitt has been so unsuccessful at making a go, financial or otherwise, of his life, despite having had many excellent opportunities to do so. There is no one alive or otherwise who will benefit from the publication of those letters except Hewitt. And there are plenty who will be hurt.

Those who think Diana deserves to be further exposed may be unaware that she is dead. And Charles and Camilla's reputations will not be enhanced, either.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae

I agree but as we can see from all the posts it's not just the media who speculate. It's a shame we can't all grow up and stop this rot.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana