The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Yes. Also, a man who has sex with a woman who's not his wife is an adulterer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post

A change in positions doesn't change the fact that a woman who shares a bed with a man who is not her husband is an adulteress.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes. Also, a man who has sex with a woman who's not his wife is an adulterer.
Of course he is.

But this a discussion about Diana and her lover, and also about Prince Harry's paternity. His father's adultery is irrelevant.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Hope this will be put to rest now

Princess Diana's bodyguard says Prince Harry 'won't give a monkeys' about play suggesting James Hewitt is his father | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

People are still questioning this? Lol. He looks more and more like his pa and paternal grandfather every time I see him.

"Political necessity is the mother of historical invention." --(Dr. I.V.S) So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 11-07-2015, 07:38 PM

James Hewitt caught secretly selling Diana and William letters to the 'highest bidder' in America | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

^ I doubt if Hewitt has much else to sell or publicise now, apart from scraps. I wish the DM would stop giving him headlines and let him crawl back under the rock from which he came.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally, I think the Daily Mail should stop hounding the poor man. He has rights. It was his life, too. Diana does not trump his life forevermore. It's this aspect of celebrity that annoys me. More people sell things than are generally known and why not? If Hewitt needs the money, a generous-hearted Diana (if she was that) would not fault him.

What he owns are historical, and if he can ease his retirement with the selling of them, so much the better. The more light shed on who Diana was the better imo. As for 'the palace', it's not their concern.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. They are his. He needs money so why not sell them. He and Diana had a five year relationship and it's no secret. His reputation has been shot to pieces already. He has little to lose. The letters don't seem to contain anything salacious, so why not sell them?

William will implode though!
Old 11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I agree. They are his. He needs money so why not sell them. He and Diana had a five year relationship and it's no secret. His reputation has been shot to pieces already. He has little to lose. The letters don't seem to contain anything salacious, so why not sell them?

William will implode though!
If its a purely monetary attitude he takes re him and Diana then I see yr point - as long as he cuts out the drivel about how much he loved and revered her.

Its different re a letter from William as a child. That just makes him a complete **** in my opinion

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
If its a purely monetary attitude he takes re him and Diana then I see yr point - as long as he cuts out the drivel about how much he loved and revered her.
What right has anyone to make that kind of judgement? He is saying his truth. How is it that you can call it 'drivel'? I don't get the animus for a man whose sole sin was to be Diana's companion longer than any other man. If there was 'drivel' spoken, it was Diana claiming she 'adored him' when she knew she had cut-him in the most cruel of ways. It's Diana who behaved like a cad, not Hewitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Its different re a letter from William as a child. That just makes him a complete **** in my opinion
Again, not your life, and not for you to say. IMO of course.

The BRF pretty much calls the shots, I think we will all agree. How dare Hewitt not abide by what the BRF wants! He was trying to do the sale quietly. Blame the Daily Mail for wanting the story that would stir the pot yet some more, and batter a man already battered enough. It's pretty ugly.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

The double standards in this thread are amazing IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-08-2015, 01:56 AM
Aristocracy

Hewitt is a dreadful man and deserves the animus he is receiving. He is apparently broke, living with his mother and in desperate need of money. It made me proud that no legit American auction house would buy these letters. He needs to crawl back into his hole, away from polite society.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
Hewitt is a dreadful man and deserves the animus he is receiving. He is apparently broke, living with his mother and in desperate need of money. It made me proud that no legit American auction house would buy these letters. He needs to crawl back into his hole, away from polite society.
Why is he 'dreadful'? How does any human being 'deserve' such public vitriol? I can think of some instances, by the way, but lover is not one of them.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Wouldn't an officer in the Household Cavalry have been considered to be a gentleman? A gentleman wouldn't sell those letters.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Aristocracy

I feel they're his letters and what he does with them is his decision. If the butler and biographer/s can make money from Diana's life and death why is it not ok for James. William's correspondence is perhaps different and perhaps in an ideal world these should be returned to him. Maybe I feel this way because I would be one of the first to read them!!
Old 11-08-2015, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
And you would have him continue to be broke, living with his mother and in desperate need of money rather than sell valuable assets and improve his circumstances?
Old 11-08-2015, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The man is still trying to make money off of Diana (may she rest in peace) and her son. That's just stupid and sad at the same time. He's so irrelevant it's not even funny. The DM will do anything for a good headline.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-08-2015, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Those that want the letters sold are just hoping the DM buys them so they read them and fill pages here of what a terrible person Diana was etc etc. be different if one of Charles mistress's was selling letters.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Wouldn't an officer in the Household Cavalry have been considered to be a gentleman? A gentleman wouldn't sell those letters.
Wouldn't a Princess of the Royal House have been considered to be a lady? A lady would not have treated an officer and a gentleman the way Diana did.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Those that want the letters sold are just hoping the DM buys them so they read them and fill pages here of what a terrible person Diana was etc etc. be different if one of Charles mistress's was selling letters.
I'm an equal-opportunity perv. I'm just as interested in what Charles might have said as what Diana said. Though, having heard one of his telephone conversations with Camilla, I'm not sure I want to hear any more. I doubt he'd write that stuff in letters, but he might. However I don't particularly want to read Diana's letters, I simply think that Hewitt has the right to sell them and should not be pilloried for doing so.

I've never criticised Diana for having affairs, just for being hypocritical about them.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana