The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

One can be sad about Mr. Hewitt's silly actions but I guess he's got nothing going for himself and continue to carry on the untrue rumor.

Diana may have made a mistake in getting involved with Hewitt, but he's behaved terribly over the years and have danced on Diana's grave for far too long. Charles should have punched his lights out long ago.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Whoever said that Diana had disastrous taste in men was spot on
I think she wanted someone to tell her things she wanted to hear and take her side esp. if it was from men. If they laid it on thick like Hewitt probably did she fell for it.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think she wanted someone to tell her things she wanted to hear and take her side esp. if it was from men. If they laid it on thick like Hewitt probably did she fell for it.
She looked for a source of love and comfort. He betrayed her while she was living and he still manage to do so today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Nobility

It seems to me that her family should be able to sue
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888733/

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 12-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

A year before Harry was born would be September 1983 (since be was born 09-1984). This would be slightly 2 years AFTER her marriage and just 15 months after the birth of Prince William.

James Hewitt may want to perpetuate the rumor…. but the dates disprove the rumor.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Majesty

I remember a conversation on these boards awhile ago about the possibility of suing on behalf of a deceased person. I think that the consensus was that it's not possible. That's probably why so many "shocking revelations" come out after a person's dead, such as the book about William Tallon, the Queen Mother's late servant.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry 'relaxed' over smears James Hewitt is his father in new play - Mirror Online
Old 12-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I hope no one pays to see this piece of junk That would say a lot about this speculation. It would say NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. And then perhaps Hewitt will return to his hole and stop talking.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

One of my former bosses was a high ranking officer at London's Scotland Yard in the '80s and '90s. About five years ago, when Mr Hewitt was broke and looking for attention, I asked about the rumours. My boss had a friend in the Royal Protection Squad who said a DNA test, done years ago, proved the Prince of Wales is Prince Harry's father. But it wasn't done to test paternity, as nobody doubted who the father was, but rather as a normal screening for genetic disorders. If it hadn't been for the random coincidence of red hair, and Mr Hewitt's caddish behaviour, the whole story would have died a natural death years ago.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Serene Highness

Tacky to say the least. Very tacky.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Red hair is a Spencer family trait.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't believe the Royal family would have Harry's Dna tested. I believe that a tabloid would have done so from a glass or cigarette but and if it matched Hewitt would have broke the story.

It also does make sense for the affair to start before Harry's birth. The time after William's birth is the closest time of Diana and Charles being together. It starts to go downhill post Harry birth.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Going by Diana's own words in "Her True Story" the closest and most intimate time in her marriage to Charles was during her pregnancy with Harry. But she did confirm that the relationship deteriorated after that.

Yet another reason to disbelieve Hewitt.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Pity that Harry has inly red hair like hewitt.. he is the spitty imag of Charles...
I was ready to post on this and then I thought yes, as Cepe advised, denying it oxygen is it's best fate.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I thought the play was about Diana - with the Harry paternity issue a side issue - not a play about Harry per se.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Majesty

That's what I understand as well.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Trust James the leach to associate himself with something else to do with Diana. Has Mr Hewitt done anything else with his life beyond spruiking his long-ago relationship with the Princess of Wales?
Old 12-29-2014, 04:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
A year before Harry was born would be September 1983 (since be was born 09-1984). This would be slightly 2 years AFTER her marriage and just 15 months after the birth of Prince William.
The article states 18 months before Harry was born that would mean March 1983. William would have been 9 months old.

Hewitt and several people were interviewed as the bases of the play.

Hewitt was approached by Conway not the other way around.

Hewitt was a major part of Diana's life although some people may not like it.

Whether Hewitt had known Diana since 1981 or 1983 or 1985 or 1986, Hewitt was in Diana's life 5 years, 6 years, 10 years or 12 years, either way if you are writing a book or play about Diana Hewitt is someone whom you are going to interview regardless of his relationship to Diana.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

My point about Prince Henry was not that Captain James Hewitt would have been his father: after all the Captain himself denies it. The point was that the Princess of Wales already made herself accessible to other men than the Prince, in the second year of her marriage.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
My point about Prince Henry was not that Captain James Hewitt would have been his father: after all the Captain himself denies it. The point was that the Princess of Wales already made herself accessible to other men than the Prince, in the second year of her marriage.

Hewitt doesn't deny it any longer, though. He just says
Quote:
No Comment
and allows the press to promote the idea.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Not to start another him vs her conversation ... but just to ask how many women in that kind of position with a husband who undeniably is involved with another woman would/may not put themselves in a position to seek out comfort elsewhere? I find it unbelievable that a man would enter into a marriage when he had a long standing relationship with someone else.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana