The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Poor Prince Henry. He looks like his grandfather Prince Philip and his father, Prince Charles.

James Hewitt when he dated Diana, Princess of Wales probably reminded Diana of her own father in appearance. Very similar in looks.
Not only in appearance,they are also very similiar in character as far as I can tell from what I have heard & read about them. (I havenīt seen many pics of Dianaīs father but it would not surprise me if he looked like him because women often chose a father-figure just like men like to find a woman who is similiar to their beloved mother.)

Prince Philip loved to do public service and wear the uniform to help the country,he is a hands-on man and has a very wicked sense of humour,he doesnīt take himself or his position too seriously and talks openly what he has on his mind-his gaffes are legendary and always make me smile.(Like Harry)

William reminds me more of Diana in looks and character-he is rather introverted and shy and needs some time to trust people and open up,but once he has accepted someone he is very loyal and cares for that special person.
Charles is more introverted but in his habit a little bit like his father as he doesnīt like the press and speaks his mind even if it gets him in trouble.

Diana was rather extroverted and loved to communicate with other people, especially children and people who were having difficulties just like her because she was very empathic and felt the pain of others as she had experienced them herself.At first she was very unsure of herself,her looks and her many talents-thatīs why the press dubbed her "Shy Di" when she married,but she later developed self-respect and confidence with her role as mother and humanitarian and was able to talk better in the public and her fashion evolution clearly shows how she gradually eveolved and felt more comfortable in her own skin & live up to the expectations that were set in her and her position.

Both Harry and William had difficulties when they grew up to find their own voice and get comfortable in their unique position and rise to the expectations that were set in them.

I donīt think that Harry is the child of that silly,disloyal,untrustworthy man and I hope he (Hewitt) will decide to fade into the oblivion & refrain from publishing more stuff and be happy with the millions of pounds he has ripped off by selling his affair to Diana.

. Helen Keller
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Charles said he (physically) went back to Camilla after his marriage had broken down ....Diana said at the time of Harry's birth or shortly thereafter it was the end of their marriage.

So what info am I missing that indicates Diana was carrying on before Charles was?

LaRae
I don't think there is anything to be achieved now, all these years later, by trying to pinpoint exactly which of them was the first to climb into bed with someone else. It doesn't matter anymore, and, in my opinion, never really did. I don't think either of them strayed until after they'd given up all hope for the marriage, and, whichever it was, I don't blame them. I don't believe people should be stuck in loveless marriages with people with whom they have nothing in common.

Those two should never have married, and it must have been extremely difficult for both of them. I only wish that Diana had had the opportunity to find the sort of loving relationship that Charles now has. Sadly, that wasn't to be.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

I wouldn't be trying to pinpoint anything except someone raised the issue back on the previous page. So perhaps you should direct your comments to them?

LaRae
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Nobility

I don't see what Camilla would sue about. She was not libeled. She was dogged out by the press and the general public. So Diana may have cheated first. You still have 3 married people - 4 if you count APB doing wrong. Neither William's or Harry's paternity has any bearing on this. As we have said on this forum many times this was a bad situation.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Majesty

William & Harry was born between Charles & Diana. Diana didn't meet James until a while after Harry came along. Charles is the one that cheated first and that left Diana devastated. She too went on to find some comfort in her life because Charles was giving that comfort to Camilla.

I do think it was a shame that the Harry & James rumor started. Harry came about due to the love his parents had for each other at the time. As Royal Reporter, Victoria Arbiter has mentioned time and time again. There is a great deal of false stories about Charles & Diana's marriage out there and over the years the stories have taken a life of its own.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post

I donīt think that Harry is the child of that silly,disloyal,untrustworthy man and I hope he (Hewitt) will decide to fade into the oblivion & refrain from publishing more stuff and be happy with the millions of pounds he has ripped off by selling his affair to Diana.
Hewitt is the lowest of the low, imo.
What kind of person sells his love letters?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Hewitt is the lowest of the low, imo.
What kind of person sells his love letters?
Honestly? Probably someone who knows their career is ruined, knows they're worth a ton of money, and cares more about keeping a roof over their head than they do about adhering to a code of chivalry after a relationship ends.

I don't think what he did was great, but I also think a lot of people would do that in his situation.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Charles is the one that cheated first and that left Diana devastated.
Nobody knows who cheated first and unless they compared notes, that includes Charles and Diana.

Rehashing this doesn't solve (or resolve) anything and doesn't help anyone. Both cheated, does it really matter who cheated first? If one is going to make a value or a moral judgement, while it might make it understandable to seek comfort if one or the other had already cheated, it didn't make it "right".

Sorry to pick on your post Dman, your's just happened to be the most recent discussing a timeline, it's nothing personal.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Majesty

I understand. I was saying how I understand it. It's a painful set of events and I'm glad that it's all over. Although I do wish Diana was still here with us.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Courtier

It was the Parker Bowles names the was dragged through the mud.

If the media withheld information, while at the same time deliberately misleading the public, it wouldn't surprise me if Andrew's sister or his brother or his niece Emma sued and Andrew might also.

Andrew has sued.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

I can understand that people who appear in such a sloppy tell-all book want to sue the person who wrote/published it,nobody would like to be associated with such a product of wasted paper....if only ppl would stop buying that crap!
Than they would bring less profit and the publishing houses would produce less of them & we would be talking about nicely put together,well-written books instead.
Like Mario Testinoīs book of photographs,itīs one of my favourite book about Princess Diana!She looked so natural,relaxed and comfortable in them and there was no big tiara or fancy clothes needed,only her magnificient charisma and personality shining through the images.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Diana seems to have had bad taste in men. but it may have been difficult for ordinary decent men to approach her. It took a 'cad" or a "rat" to do it, (words others have used here to describe Hewitt). What kind of confidantes did she have, that she could not have had more wisdom?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Well the lady certainly did not suffer from lack of male companionship- Gilbey, Hewitt, Carling, Hoare, Khan, Fayed amongst them.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Diana was searching for love and acceptance, something she never found. That sounds rather odd because she was beloved by the public but in her private life this was something she craved but never really found in this life.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

I think Diana was, since the beginning, a shy, insecure young woman. When she was engaged to Charles and they had to give interviews, she looked like a frightened child. I was just looking at those old interviews and it made me see how inexperienced and naive she really was. As time went on you could almost see the change taking place in her. I quite frankly find it hard to believe that Charles was not involved with Camilla while he was courting Diana. I dont think he would have had the strength to stay away from her. She seemed to be his constant advisor, his comfort he could run to. I believe Diana knew what was going on and I do believe anyone with any sense of perception would know it. Camilla has always been a part of Charles life. I think that after Diana figured out that Charles would not give up Camilla, she went looking for attention in different ways. Whether it was bulimia, parties, men or whichever way she could think of, she ended up in more of a mess than when she started. She was an insecure girl who was desperate for the love and attention and care that she obviously was not getting from her husband or her in-laws. I cant say that it surprised me to know she had been carrying on with these different men, I think there are alot of women out there who would have done the same thing knowing that their spouse was being unfaithful and was not about to let go of his lover. Just my opinion of course. As for Hewitt, he did what he felt he had to do and he is the one who has to live with his decision. There is no such thing as keeping your mouth shut, especially when there are alot of dollar signs dancing in your head. I dont know, it was all a very sad situation for a very awkward couple. Charles and Diana should never have married, they just were not made for eachother.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
It was the Parker Bowles names the was dragged through the mud.

If the media withheld information, while at the same time deliberately misleading the public, it wouldn't surprise me if Andrew's sister or his brother or his niece Emma sued and Andrew might also.

Andrew has sued.
Andrew sued over false story about 3-4 years ago that he and Camilla had gone to the islands together with their kids while Prince Charles stayed behind. In reality Camilla was with her kids, Andrew was at home in London with his wife, and Prince Charles was at work. Andrew got an apology and 150K.

I just don't see on what grounds would Camilla or her family sue based on what Diana did or when.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Diana was searching for love and acceptance, something she never found. That sounds rather odd because she was beloved by the public but in her private life this was something she craved but never really found in this life.
So true, all Diana wanted was some love in her life. She had the love of her sons but she wanted a companion and she really didn't find it in this life but I hope she found it in the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I think Diana was, since the beginning, a shy, insecure young woman. When she was engaged to Charles and they had to give interviews, she looked like a frightened child. I was just looking at those old interviews and it made me see how inexperienced and naive she really was. As time went on you could almost see the change taking place in her. I quite frankly find it hard to believe that Charles was not involved with Camilla while he was courting Diana. I dont think he would have had the strength to stay away from her. She seemed to be his constant advisor, his comfort he could run to. I believe Diana knew what was going on and I do believe anyone with any sense of perception would know it. Camilla has always been a part of Charles life. I think that after Diana figured out that Charles would not give up Camilla, she went looking for attention in different ways. Whether it was bulimia, parties, men or whichever way she could think of, she ended up in more of a mess than when she started. She was an insecure girl who was desperate for the love and attention and care that she obviously was not getting from her husband or her in-laws. I cant say that it surprised me to know she had been carrying on with these different men, I think there are alot of women out there who would have done the same thing knowing that their spouse was being unfaithful and was not about to let go of his lover. Just my opinion of course. As for Hewitt, he did what he felt he had to do and he is the one who has to live with his decision. There is no such thing as keeping your mouth shut, especially when there are alot of dollar signs dancing in your head. I dont know, it was all a very sad situation for a very awkward couple. Charles and Diana should never have married, they just were not made for eachother.
I think reality hit Diana hard when she realized she couldn't get rid of Camilla. She was even trying to figure things out when Camilla arranged that lunch with her and practically interviewed Diana.

Thank God some of that pain and misery left Diana's life before her life ended.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well the lady certainly did not suffer from lack of male companionship- Gilbey, Hewitt, Carling, Hoare, Khan, Fayed amongst them.

A collection of creeps, imo.
Diana seemed to attract the wrong sort, frankly- the type of men who viewed her as a trophy, rather than a vulnerable human being.

And despite her seeming sophistication, I don't believe she was equipped to fend off the predators (or even to recognize them when they came around).
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
A collection of creeps, imo.
Diana seemed to attract the wrong sort, frankly- the type of men who viewed her as a trophy, rather than a vulnerable human being.

And despite her seeming sophistication, I don't believe she was equipped to fend off the predators (or even to recognize them when they came around).
Perhaps, but in at least a couple of these cases it was Diana who was the predator not the men.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I completely and whole-heartedly agree with your observations about Diana, her insecurities and that she and Charles should have never married.
Maybe you want to listen to the "secret tapes" on youtube,I found them very interesting because Diana talks about many personal topics and is very frank to the interviewer,also tells him that she has not seen Charles very often before their wedding took place and that C&C relationship has never really been interrupted.If they had not been put under so much pressure by the public,press and family they would never have married,I am sure.Dianaīs family also put a huge pressure on her to marry the Prince,she came from a broken family (her parents divorced ver early and she had a rather unhappy childhood though financially secure she was emotionally instable because she didnīt receive enough love and attention).
That is one of the main sources of her later problems,her insecurity and her bad taste in men-because she was so naive and immature and always seemed so vulnerable and shy and because she was so hungry for love and acceptance she took every chance to get it-even if it came from men with doubtful reputation or morals.
Thatīs why I am so happy that William found a proper girl who comes from a stable family background, a balanced and level-headed woman who gives him security and comfort.Catherineīs family background is very different from the mess the Windsor boys had to grow up in & they can emulate the Middletons happy marriage and take them as guidance & role model for their relationship.

. Helen Keller

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana