The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

From cad to sleaze merchant: How James Hewitt went from being Princess Diana's lover to sending explicit pictures of himself to strangers online | Mail Online

Old 07-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my god eww! That man is so sad and pathetic.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Ah the rat is back... classy as always.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I respect the work that he's done as a soldier. Absolutely. But in regard to the Diana business, I think that he should have kept his own council.
Why, he was intimately involved and therefore, qualifying this as "Diana's business" won't work. Some folks just can't face the truth about Diana and demonize him but not her.

As for the "pronographic" photos -- isn't this commonplace these days? Isn't the site she signed up with one of those where the women stipulate what amount of "sugar" they want for their "companionship?" Could she be someone who wants their 15 minutes of fame? If you read the entire article, she continued an online relationship for over a month. This woman is a predator.

I'm not condoning anyone's actions, but looking at things objectively is something I do.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

How do people demonize Hewitt? He's a man who tries to make money off of his affair with a woman who's no longer alive? If people don't respect him that's his fault not Diana's.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Diana shouldn't have had extra-maritial affairs. I think that it's a terrible thing to do, even if the other spouse has cheated as well. However, it was wrong of Hewitt to make money from his relationship with Diana. It was wrong of him to read her letters to his fellow-soldiers in Iraq. It was wrong of him to attempt to sell them later. Have you seen the clip of the documentary where he says a very rude thing about Diana as a sexual partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Why, he was intimately involved and therefore, qualifying this as "Diana's business" won't work. Some folks just can't face the truth about Diana and demonize him but not her.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator

James is a cad. Sorry its my opinion.

Diana was very wrong to have an affair. Two wrongs (the affairs of Chalres and Camilla) dont' make one right. HOWEVER,

James has definitely attempted to make a buck of Diana. I admit that the tabloid interest in him was too much and might have affected his career, but he could have handled it better. Making comments about Diana and sex, TACKY. Feeding into the theory that he is possible Harry's Father..TACKY. When he previously said he wasn't and the affair didn't start to later is very TACKY. If he is Harry's father (and I don't believe it for a second) then either make a legit claim with your son, or be quiet. Who wants their child to have that cloud over them all the time. TACKY. If its not your son, why would you make the claim, again letting a cloud be over an innocent child/man. TACKY.

He could have an affair lived with the memories (good and bad), etc. But he didn't. TACKY.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Very well put, Zonk.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Commoner

I'm suprised from the Story of a Princess Documentary he seemed like a good guy, appearances are decieving.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

I think James Hewitt is worst than a CAD. He never could make a living after the military got rid of him. What makes me angry is that he not only hurt Diana, Princess of Wales reputation, but Prince Henry's reputation as well.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, exactly. No matter how much Harry looks like the Spencers and the Mountbattens and the Windsors as he ages, there'll be those who look at his red hair and wonder. Personally, I think that Harry's getting to look more and more like Prince Philip as he ages.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, exactly. No matter how much Harry looks like the Spencers and the Mountbattens and the Windsors as he ages, there'll be those who look at his red hair and wonder. Personally, I think that Harry's getting to look more and more like Prince Philip as he ages.

There is a photo of Philip's father aged about 3 or 4 and one of Harry at about the same age and they look very similar to me.

Personally I see Philip as the strongest likeness for both William and Harry - they are both Mountbattens.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Gentry

When?

I'm sorry if this has been talked about it before, but when did the affair start?
I know it started after Harry's birth but is it known when?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

1986. Diana was taking riding lessons from Hewitt for awhile before the actual affair started, but I'm not sure when she started the lessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcra View Post
I'm sorry if this has been talked about it before, but when did the affair start?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, agreed, although I think that Harry's red hair is Spencer, and William looked a great deal like his grandfather Spencer when he was younger. Their body shape and ambition in their careers is very much Mountbatten, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Personally I see Philip as the strongest likeness for both William and Harry - they are both Mountbattens.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
1986. Diana was taking riding lessons from Hewitt for awhile before the actual affair started, but I'm not sure when she started the lessons.
Thanks! I knew about the riding lessons, but I wasn't sure about the year!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Diana and Hewitt started their affair in 1986, as did Charles and Camilla (assuming that Diana can be trusted as she is the source for these dates).
Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Diana and Hewitt started their affair in 1986, as did Charles and Camilla (assuming that Diana can be trusted as she is the source for these dates).
I think it is safe to assume that know one wants to be entirely honest about the exact dates because it makes one person look bad if they "stepped out" first. So everyone says "around this time" so you get the idea of the affair with out too much of the blame game.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcra View Post
Recently, Hewitt has claimed that the affair started much earlier...before Harry's birth.

I don't know how reliable a source he is.

(Previously he had always denied the possibility that he could be Harry's father, but lately he has been waffling on that. No one really knows, and no one will know unless there is DNA testing and that is unlikely to happen).
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Administrator

We are not going to speculate on Harry's parentage.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana