The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry definitely looks like a Windsor! He has the close set eyes like the queen and ears like his father prince Charles, the red hair comes from the Spencers. The only thing that resembles Hewitt is the same color of their hair!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

ok...i've just seen bits of a BBC interview with harry and william...harry is DEFINITELY charles's son. the mannerisms they share are unbelieveable!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Mannerisms and speech patterns are picked up through association, as proven by many an adopted child.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness

there's something more to it than that...i can't put my finger on it but for lack of a better word i'll say it's mannerisms. when i saw this bit of the interview it was like i was watching charles.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
there's something more to it than that...i can't put my finger on it but for lack of a better word i'll say it's mannerisms. when i saw this bit of the interview it was like i was watching charles.
Sorry Duchess, I just don't 'buy it'. An associate said to my daughter the other day, that without being told, she would have known she was my daughter, anywhere. She is my daughter, just not my birth daughter!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I noticed some of the Charles-like mannerisms in Prince Harry too - more so than in Princes William. As you say, Skydragon, some of these things are learned; however, some mannerisms do seem to be innate.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Commoner

I seem to be confused. I am currently having exams at university and haven't logged- in for quite a while. Has the story concerning Hewitt and Harry ended? Or not yet?
Thank you in advance.
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 PM

William sounds exactly like Charles though, and both of them have so many of Charles's mannerisms, especially the way they laugh, the way they do that totally tickled thing with their eyes closed and shoulders caved in, just like the Prince, exactly.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Sorry Duchess, I just don't 'buy it'. An associate said to my daughter the other day, that without being told, she would have known she was my daughter, anywhere. She is my daughter, just not my birth daughter!
don't get me wrong...i know a number of people that are adopted and yet you'd swear that some of their adopted parents had given birth to them... but there are some things that just can't be picked up. i watched harry speaking and there are just some things that he does, some looks that he gives that leave no question as to his father and i'd say that it's definitely NOT hewitt.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Harry is not Hewitt's child.Hewitt,unfortunatley bears a strong resemblance to the late Earl Edward Johnny Spencer,Diana's father.And Diana knew how important it was to give Charles and heir and a spare before embarking on any affairs of her own;besides,at that point in the marriage,she still had hopes of winning Charles' affections and making the marriage work.It wasn't until after Harry's birth that Diana started seeking affection elsewhere...
Here are Sarah Spencer,Earl Charles Spener,Frances Shand Kydd,and Earl Edward Johnny Spencer,Harry and Hewitt:you can see the likeness(I think):
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...rahspencer.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...encers2300.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...pencer1924.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a..._hewitt300.jpg

There are even better photos that show the likeness between Hewitt and Earl Edward Johnny Spencer in Sarah Bradford's book, Diana.

Harry is said to be like Charles in temperament,not just mannerisms;he's quieter,more reserved than William.
And,I too,would rather see Harry on the Polo fields than in bars;Polo is a sport,exercise!It's a healthier way for Harry to blow off steam and frustrations than to drink and carouse in a bar!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, scandal and controversy always sell, and you'll never convince people who want to think badly of Diana that Harry is Charles's son. Of course it isn't helping that James Hewitt doesn't seem to be falling over himself to deny the rumours, but I suppose, like the tabloids, he has to make a living somehow.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
Harry is not Hewitt's child.
I am so glad you were there at the moment of conception to be able to make such a statement.
An age for age photographic comparison would be great, if it wasn't just a major search through to find similar or disimilar pictures. In the majority of pictures (to me and many other Brits, as evidenced by ysbels experience) Harry looks like Hewitt, the only reason he has the same eye movements and mannerisms is by association. A child copies the most consistant people in it's life, so it stands to reason that both boys would have picked up their Charles traits from Charles.

It is not a case of wanting to think badly of Diana, but if she hadn't had any affairs until after a formal separation, we would not be in any doubt as to who Harry's father is! (And no I am not wanting to go there Elspeth, but you brought it up)
Old 06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vally
I seem to be confused. I am currently having exams at university and haven't logged- in for quite a while. Has the story concerning Hewitt and Harry ended? Or not yet?
Thank you in advance.
I have this sinking feeling that it's never going to end. It's sort of scandalous, which appeals to some people, and it puts Diana in a bad light, which also appears to some people.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM

I keep an open mind. Whoever his father is, he's still not proving to be up to much as a Prince.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Commoner

http://www.billmckelvie.pwp.blueyond...arryHewitt.jpg

I'm not sure what to think. He does look a lot like James Hewitt. They even have the same nose.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitolaNova
http://www.billmckelvie.pwp.blueyond...arryHewitt.jpg

I'm not sure what to think. He does look a lot like James Hewitt. They even have the same nose.
Oh come on! This conversation has quite upseted me. I think it is a VERY serious thing the doubt of paternity and one has to have sustancial proof, not photos!. If the RF doesnt have doubts of this kind I think it is very rude for people that doesnt even know them to have them and discuss them.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry: Who's My Daddy?!

Prince Harry: Who's My Daddy?! - TMZ.com
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Well considering, to me anyway, that he is a spitting image of Prince Phillip, there is no doubt in my mind who his father is.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Commoner

Okay.

4b564f67.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here, Charles looks like William, but nothing like Harry.

ec02028f.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Once again, Philip looks like Wills and not like Harry.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm reading Love and War at the moment. Hewitt talks about the day he first saw Diana in 1981, the weekend before she got married. They didn't even talk that day. He says he didn't see her again till 5 years later at Buckingham Palace, when they first spoke. He was working on the military ceremonial procedure for the Household Division for Prince Andrew's wedding. They met again at a drinks party soon afterwards and it was there that she asked him if he would give her riding instruction. The next day her request was confirmed by lady in waiting Hazel West, who had been the hostess at the party, and Hewitt sought approval and it was given. He says the affair began some weeks later. I believe him.

Incidentally I am enjoying the book, which provides some interesting insights into Diana's views about her sons going into battle, and Harry's interest in soldiers and particularly tank commanders, from an early age.

I've also decided I like Hewitt.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana