Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to point out (especially for the benefit of lucien) that doubts about Harry's paternity had crossed my mind long before they were ever voiced in the media. When reports of Diana's affair with Hewitt first emerged I noticed the strong resemblance between the boy and James Hewitt but was still taken aback when other people began to say the same thing. I am not one to be influenced by trash publications, this was something that I had INDEPENDENTLY noticed myself because whether certain people like it or not there is a strong resemblance between the two outwith the red hair, many people can see it and we are entitled to say so and it dosn't make us "blabbermouthes that can't tell a peanut from a pineapple".

Last edited:
Well, I guess as long as HM regards Prince Harry as her grandson and heir (she hasn't bounced him off the list of succession), we all should. No one knows what goes on behind palace walls. For all anyone knows, there's already been a slew of DNA/paternity tests and Harry is a true blood royal. Yes, he does look an awful lot like Hewitt. But he also has alot of his aunt Sarah's features as well. So who knows?

This is Madness Bloody madness ! lol He and William wheather we like it or not are sons of Charles.

Way back at Diana's funeral I was struck by how much Harry looked like one of his Spencer cousins.

I believe the father was Hewitt, after all, you don't meet a complete stranger, have a 15 minute conversation and ask them to teach you to ride. It is a little far fetched to believe that in all the years Diana and Hewitt were at the same polo fields, they never met or talked, until she, for some reason went to the barracks while he was working on a ceremonial procedure and conveniently, the same drinks party soon after! :rolleyes:

At the moment I find Hewitt's explanation plausible, and I have no reason to doubt what he says. I say "at the moment" because if new information comes to light I may, of course, change my mind. But till that happens, and since I don't think the two look much alike apart from the hair, I accept what he says.

They weren't complete strangers when she asked for the riding lessons. They had met informally at BP, not at the barracks, when Hewitt was there regarding the ceremonial stuff, and IMO you do ask someone to teach you to ride after a 15 minute conversation at a drinks party if you fancy him. :)

I am sorry but I really think Harry looks like a Windsor with Spencer coloring. Just look at his nose, it is his fathers and his grandfathers, I just wish everyone would leave him alone about who his father is. His father is Charles, like everyone else has said, sperm doesn't make you a father, attention, love and caring does and no matter what else anyone thinks of Prince Charles, his "boys" adore him. All you have to do is watch their interaction and you see how much they love each other, for me that is the only test I need to prove who IS his father.
I personally think that if Princess Diana would have lived, she would have tried very hard to change the public preception, which she helped to create, of Charles as a father. Like most people who are in the middle of a divorce, she needed to have all the weapons on her side in order to have some control of her children lives. I really want to believe that if she would of lived, she would have tried to change this impression because from everything I have read, Charles was/is a very loving caring father.IMO

The question in my mind is why should anyone outside the family think that they have a right to demand a paternity test. That's just asking for trouble. Who knows what the next demand will be. Maybe everyone should have to have a paternity test and have the results published before they are allowed to hold a job to prove that their birth certificate is accurate. This sort of thing can spiral out of control.
By law Charles fathered Harry, and no one else has the right to challenge his paternity.
My personal opinion is that Harry looks too much like his fathers family for me to doubt hs paternity. His red hair is the color of his uncle Charles, not the color of Hewitt.

I'm really surprised at this thread I really think this whole talk is just entertainment. I don't believe for one minute that Harry belongs to Hewitt. But many posts I'm reading in this thread are really buying in to this whole thing. I mean, hey everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion I'm just a little shocked of the opinions here. I thought there would be more outrage or disgust over this whole thing.

It surprises me too, somewhat, because this issue seems to be being used by republicans as a way of discrediting the monarchy. However, for people who support the monarchy and dislike Diana, it's a fairly tempting rumour.

i don't dislike diana, i adored her just like millions all around the world but i also accept her warts and all. i do have my doubts as to who harry's biological parent is. just because he has the spencer coloring doesn't mean he can't be hewitt's son. if evidence comes along that can undeniably prove the parentage, which i certainly don't EVER expect will happen, then i will accept it.

Last edited:
Roslyn said:
They weren't complete strangers when she asked for the riding lessons. They had met informally at BP, not at the barracks, when Hewitt was there regarding the ceremonial stuff, and IMO you do ask someone to teach you to ride after a 15 minute conversation at a drinks party if you fancy him. :)
It certainly doesn't work that way within the royal circles.
Checks have to be made on prospective 'instructors' and it is very unusual for a non qualified instructor to be given the job. With Diana's fear of horses, there would have been many qualified persons available, better able to deal with her 'concerns', so why would she push for someone she barely knew and who had no experience of dealing with teaching a nervous civilian?
However, for people who support the monarchy and dislike Diana, it's a fairly tempting rumour
The rumour has been about since the boy was born and even some of those who support Diana, even now, believe that it was Dianas payback on the royals, that she deserved every happiness and if Harry was the result, so be it. People shouldn't keep putting all the negative things about Diana down to people who didn't like her. The way any proven nasty bits are glossed over is tedious.

Whoever the biological father, Charles is his dad, Harry is Harry

Harry=spencer With Photo To Compare

PRINCE HARRY is a SPENCER
there is a cousin GEORGE MCCORQUODALE, LADY SARAH SPENCER MCCORQUODALEs son who exactly looks like HARRY, especially when they were younger. there is a picture of GEORGE and HARRY at some car race track together and the resemblane is blind blowing

facial feature GEORGE MCCORQOUDALE + just imagine HARRY with a few pounds on him. check out the hair style and skin complexion of both

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/fsdfdaa.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/52114534-2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/fgaertwerqt.jpg

GEORGE MCCORQOUDALE when he was young

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/52103121.jpg

Last edited:
Charles is Harry's father thats that, this rumour that is circulating is garbage and it needs to stop.

all the photos of harry's resemblance to the spencer's doesn't disprove hewitt's being the biological parent. of course it makes sense that he resembles the spencer's - his mother was a spencer. i'm not saying that hewit is the bioligical parent but nothing has been published to prove otherwise and until it does then i'm open minded about it. but as skydragon stated charles is his father.

smgaries said:
Prince Harry is a Spencer ....
I don't believe anyone has question who his mother was! :rolleyes:

i'm not saying that hewit is the bioligical parent but nothing has been published to prove otherwise and until it does then i'm open minded about it.

Just a moment: do I really understand you? You're saying because "nothing has been published to prove" that Hewitt is not biological parent of the second son of the prince and princess of Wales you're openminded about it?
Well, nothing has ever been published to prove that my uncle or a friend of my father's was not my father, so it could be a fact that I'm not my father's biological daughter... Or the same for you. Has someone ever proven that your mother's best male friend is not your biological father instead of the man you call Dad? Are you openminded about that possibility as well?

I have to confess, I'm no. My Dad is my Dad and my Mum did not cheat on him. As long as nobody really proves otherwise, it's a fact that children born in wedlock are legitimate and their official father's children. IMHO.

there is a cousin GEORGE MCCORQUODALE, LADY SARAH SPENCER MCCORQUODALEs son who exactly looks like HARRY, especially when they were younger. there is a picture of GEORGE and HARRY at some car race track together and the resemblane is blind blowing

facial feature GEORGE MCCORQOUDALE + just imagine HARRY with a few pounds on him. check out the hair style and skin complexion of both

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ES/fsdfdaa.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a3...52114534-2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a3...gaertwerqt.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a3...S/52103121.jpg

what im trying to prove here is that HARRY does not look like JAMES HEWITT as some of you here are stating. HARRY resembles that of the SPENCER clan and has a SPENCER cousin that strikingly looks like HARRY

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/fsdfdaa.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/52114534-2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/fgaertwerqt.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/SMGARIES/52103121.jpg

Wow! I always said Harry looked like his aunt Sarah but his resemblence to his cousin is striking. Thanks for posting these photos. I've never seen pictures of Sarah's son before.

what im trying to prove here is that HARRY does not look like JAMES HEWITT as some of you here are stating. HARRY resembles that of the SPENCER clan and has a SPENCER cousin that strikingly looks like HARRY

What a real striking resemblance. They could be twins! But please, now no ideas about Hewitt having had affairs with both sisters, just like Charles was involved first with one and then marrying the other.... LOL!

I don't believe anyone has question who his mother was! :rolleyes:

No, but there are the rumours that Diana wasn't Earl Spencer's daughter, which means that her sons wouldn't be Spencers genetically.

all the photos of harry's resemblance to the spencer's doesn't disprove hewitt's being the biological parent. of course it makes sense that he resembles the spencer's - his mother was a spencer. i'm not saying that hewit is the bioligical parent but nothing has been published to prove otherwise and until it does then i'm open minded about it. but as skydragon stated charles is his father.

It won't make any difference whether it's published or not. The published results of the French inquiry into Diana's death didn't stop the rumour mills about whether she was murdered. If the British inquest comes to the conclusion of accidental death, it won't stop the rumour mills. No amount of evidence has made any difference to the people who are sure the Moon landings were just a hoax perpetuated by a conspiracy theory. It'll be the same thing here.

i don't dislike diana, i adored her just like millions all around the world but i also accept her warts and all. i do have my doubts as to who harry's biological parent is. just because he has the spencer coloring doesn't mean he can't be hewitt's son. if evidence comes along that can undeniably prove the parentage, which i certainly don't EVER expect will happen, then i will accept it.

But to doubt the parentage means to slander the mother who, while having had affairs in her life must not have been so stupid! In the Ken Wharfe-book he quotes Diana as having said (he claims he had only one converstaion with her about it and she was "in tears" about the claim that Harry was not Charles' son): "I don't know how my husband and I did have Harry because by then he had already gone back to his lady, but one thing that is absolutely certain is that we did". And he adds: "And I believe her absolutely" (p. 45 of the Wharfe book: Diana - closely guarded secrets).

As for the colouring of Harry as "proof" aka "smoke", so there must have been a fire: he looks like the son of his aunt. Thus it's no proof at all!

Last edited:
The rumour has been about since the boy was born and even some of those who support Diana, even now, believe that it was Dianas payback on the royals, that she deserved every happiness and if Harry was the result, so be it. People shouldn't keep putting all the negative things about Diana down to people who didn't like her. The way any proven nasty bits are glossed over is tedious.

Do you mean to say that back in 1984, years before the rumours about extramarital affairs started up and two years before Hewitt and Diana claimed to have met, there were already rumours that this guy nobody had ever heard of was the father of Prince Charles's younger son?

If Harry were a blonde or a brunette, we probably wouldn't be having this debate. I think the major factor of the whole thing is he shares Hewitt's hair color.

Just a moment: do I really understand you? You're saying because "nothing has been published to prove" that Hewitt is not biological parent of the second son of the prince and princess of Wales you're openminded about it?
Well, nothing has ever been published to prove that my uncle or a friend of my father's was not my father, so it could be a fact that I'm not my father's biological daughter... Or the same for you. Has someone ever proven that your mother's best male friend is not your biological father instead of the man you call Dad? Are you openminded about that possibility as well? I have to confess, I'm no. My Dad is my Dad and my Mum did not cheat on him. As long as nobody really proves otherwise, it's a fact that children born in wedlock are legitimate and their official father's children. IMHO.

yes, i'm saying that i'm open minded to the question of who his father is. however, i'm not questioning who his mother is.

since you've decided to make this personal then yes, i'm open minded to, and have, for various reasons throughout my life, given serious thought to the possibility that neither of parents are my bioligical parents. have i ever taken measures to find out - no. do i need to take measures to find out - no - because i feel the same way - my father is my father and even if i did find out that he's not my biological father it wouldn't change the way i feel about him.

having said all that, suppose for some crazy reason it was proven that hewitt was the father. i don't think it would change the way harry feels about charles. you are right, charles is his father...and been a damn good one from what i've seen. but for me, i remain open minded about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
But to doubt the parentage means to slander the mother who, while having had affairs in her life must not have been so stupid! In the Ken Wharfe-book he quotes Diana as having said (he claims he had only one converstaion with her about it and she was "in tears" about the claim that Harry was not Charles' son): "I don't know how my husband and I did have Harry because by then he had already gone back to his lady, but one thing that is absolutely certain is that we did". And he adds: "And I believe her absolutely" (p. 45 of the Wharfe book: Diana - closely guarded secrets).

As for the colouring of Harry as "proof" aka "smoke", so there must have been a fire: he looks like the son of his aunt. Thus it's no proof at all!

i'm not slandering anyone...and for all time and all over the world a lot people have questioned their parentage for various reasons.

i'm totally lost on the second part of your post. i was just saying that just because harry looks like a spencer doesn't mean that would eliminate hewitt as the potential biological father. is that what you mean that just because he looks like his aunt he could be her son? i suppose that's a good point too. however do we want to open that can worms?:)

The problems with looks is that people can look like others without actually being at all related. I have a alot of lookalike friends, namely one of the Queen and of Joan Collins. Just because they look extraordinarily like the Queen and Joan, doesn't mean they're related.

I do not believe for a moment that Hewitt is Harry's father. The red hair is a Spencer trait and Harry has Charles' face and features. As willful as Diana could be, she never would have given birth to a child who was not of the blood royal during her marriage.

People forget that Diana had royal protection officers watching her every move, including who she was sleeping with and the royal family is often spied on by MI6. There is no way The Queen would not know if Hewitt was, in fact, Harry's father.

lets really think here, just say that harry was hewitts son do you really think the queen and charles would let the whole public know, i for one doubt that, for all we know hewitt might be his father but they will kept that secret we would never know for certain.

A few years ago when there was rumours in the papers along with pictures i did think well maybe he was, but the other day i saw a clip of harry from an interview that will be shown the day before dianas concert and he looks the spitting image of charles, in the last 2years the pictures of harry you can not deny that charles is his father.

Back
Top Bottom