The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Look at his cousin. Sarah McQuorkodale's (sp?) kid. They could be twins. All this tosh about Hewitt is just that: hot air. Harry clearly looks like his paternal grandfather; he just happens to favour his mother's side of the family far more than his brother does.

In any case, it's a completely meaningless question unless he becomes 1st in line to the throne.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Gentry

It dosent matter anyway
Harry is charles son
That is that.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Majesty

James Hewitt's hair is a much darker shade of red than Harry's is. Harry's eyes are like his Prince Charles, and his eyebrows and expressions are like Prince Philips. The only resemblance I see between Harry and Hewitt are their ski-slope noses, and Harry's aunt, Lady Sarah, has that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
no one is saying that he isn't a spencer...the dispute is that he may not be a windsor. there's no denying he looks like his uncle charles or his grandfather spencer...it's resemblance to hewitt that is making people question who his father may or may not be.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately, all the talk on here about his eyebrows, mouth, expressions (they are learned anyway), will not convince anyone who believes there is more that a passing resemblance to Hewitt.

Harry's eyes are his own, but have the same slant as Hewitts, in fact every similarity supposed to prove he does not look like Hewitt, proves he does. In the pictures TheTruth put on here many months ago, show, IMO, that he looks remarkable like Hewitt. Taking into account the apparent question over the date Hewitt and Diana actually started their affair, there is every possibilty that Hewitt is the biological father, but Harry will always be Charles' son.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Smile

I think that we can compare ears, eyes, and other body parts, but to no real effect. Only DNA will put a stop to the speculations about Prince Harry's father. Furthermore, the results will remain unknown to the public at large, if even the DNA tests are already done. At this moment, opinions are based upon speculations of various pundits, James Hewitt's claims, and portraits (photos). Under such circumstances, all is possible.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
But I believe it's a good thing to have thought at least once that Harry might not be Charles's son. It'd be stupid to deny the possibility since we have no proof to affirm Charles paternity. The real question would probably be : is it necessary to make a DNA test public or should this story remain private because it's no one's business ?

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Majesty

Only if Prince Harry is to ascend the throne, they [power brokers behind the British monarchy] may be forced to make a DNA result public. Otherwise, public at large is to form their opinion on the matter, which will rest upon facts or other materials they consider accurate.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
But I believe it's a good thing to have thought at least once that Harry might not be Charles's son.
Why? What possible use does it serve, given that Harry is almost certainly never going to be closer to the throne than he is now, and indeed is just going to move further and further away once Wills settles down and begets an heir and a spare?

Quote:
It'd be stupid to deny the possibility since we have no proof to affirm Charles paternity.
Nor is there any proof that affirms Hewitt's alleged paternity. Also, under UK law, if a father acknowledges a child as his, that's the end of it. DNA doesn't matter; under the law an acknowledged child is treated the same irrespective of whether they share any DNA.

Quote:
The real question would probably be : is it necessary to make a DNA test public or should this story remain private because it's no one's business ?
The latter, clearly.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana did foolish things when she was married; having many affairs were certainly some of them. However for all those lapses in judgment, I cannot believe she would get pregnant by another man, and then pass that child off as the child of another man, the heir to the British throne. You would think that someone at some point would have thrown up a red flag about it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is The Prince of Wales, if for no other reason than he has to be. For the Succession I Mean.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Nobility

Actually, Harry is not The Prince of Wales. That would be his father. Harry is Prince Henry of Wales.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Harry's eyes are his own, but have the same slant as Hewitts, in fact every similarity supposed to prove he does not look like Hewitt, proves he does. In the pictures TheTruth put on here many months ago, show, IMO, that he looks remarkable like Hewitt.
I think this photo of him, where all you can really see is the eyes, looks nothing like Hewitt. When I first saw it (I think there was a larger version in Majesty at one point), I thought it was a photo of Charles, and I spent a bit of time wondering why they'd put a photo of Charles in an article about Harry until I realised it was actually Harry.

Harry WILL go to Iraq, says Army chief | Mail Online
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Serene Highness

OMG, this endless debate whether Harry is Hewitt's son or not. In my opnion he is not. Resemblance doesn't matter, because Harry is similar to the Spencers anyway, they were red too, weren't they? Even if Charles ever ordered DNA for Harry, why should he tell us results or even tell us whether those tests were ordered or not. I agree with opinion, since Charles admited Harry as his, never questioned paternity(officialy) boy is his son, regardless DNA results, and it shouldn't be our business. Because I think official recognition by Charles makes Harry eligable to be in the line to the throne.
I only wonder how this gossip, rumours etc affected Harry when he was younger.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 07-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Because I think official recognition by Charles makes Harry eligable to be in the line to the throne.
Yes, as I explained above.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I think this photo of him, where all you can really see is the eyes, looks nothing like Hewitt. When I first saw it (I think there was a larger version in Majesty at one point), I thought it was a photo of Charles, and I spent a bit of time wondering why they'd put a photo of Charles in an article about Harry until I realised it was actually Harry.
Elspeth, when they are all camo'd up, their own wife wouldn't recognise them. You know we are not going to agree on this one, despite some posters saying that there is absolutely no possibility that Hewitt fathered him.

What is tragic is that there was ever the possibilty of questioning the paternity of Harry.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Missquoted myself my Apologies.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

My take on this is that whatever the truth is, P Charles is aware of it and still shows love and affection to P Harry. Diana is long gone and as so many said, there is a strong possibility JH fathered P Harry. Let us just hope JH does not do a Burrell on the Royal Family if there is any possibility he may be the father. That would be so hurtful to the young prince who already went through some hard times.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

Harry WILL go to Iraq, says Army chief | Mail Online
i'd have to disagree. i see absolutely no resemblance whatsoever, not even a passing one, to charles in this photo. i guess it's all in the eye of beholder.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Commoner

I have seen a couple of recent photos where Prince Harry looks quite a lot like Prince Charles.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Well, more to the point--my earlier points about him looking like his cousins notwithstanding--facial resemblance is basically meaningless. We like to think we can see it, but it's completely unreliable.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana