The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Well, good people, this premise or question that is the basis for this thread is not only silly but vulgar beyond redemption. Tacky, that is the wordl. Cheers.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Well, good people, this premise or question that is the basis for this thread is not only silly but vulgar beyond redemption. Tacky, that is the wordl. Cheers.
So we shouldn't ask questions lest we be labelled silly, vulgar or tacky for asking them? Do you want to take all the fun out of life, Thomas?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Oh good heaves, of course not!!! There is a difference betweet fun and vulgarity. I myself can be just as bawdy and as ridiculous as the rest. But this subject is not only speculation it is also profoundly hurtful and humiliating. I realize that the RF live under a spotlight and microscope all the time but shouldn't there be some limits of decency. After all canning one of EII's tiaras or some other defenseless royal, as I have done, and done viciously and with riotous abandon I might add is not quite the same thing as this.

So of course we should have fun and enjoy ourselves. I refer you to some of my raunchier and ridiculous postings on the Royal Jewels Forum. I think you can even pull up my name and read them. May I suggest that you find my comments about Mr. Brad Pitt and a suggestion for an emerald fig leaf-a minor literary masterpiece if I do say so myself- to dispell any illusions about my gentility. Or my confessions about chewing on the carpet along dotted lines when in Lyme rages. It should all reveal a depth of sheer silliness you have never imagined. And then there is chocolate ice cream and the little men in white suits. Cheer.s
Old 04-24-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Yes, the situation is really awkward when you know what's been going on.

What's rather amazing with their affair is that it was kept secret for so long. I find it hard to believe that no one except a few members and friends of Diana's knew about it. I tend to think some people of the press were perfectly aware of the love affair but that's where Diana's relations with newspapers editors intervened. It's been already proved that she didn't hesitate to use the press for her own purposes. That wouldn't surprise me if she had on this matter as well.
I don't think it was a secret. If it was it was definitely in the category of an "open well known secret". Due to the security around Charles and Diana and all royal members,I would imagine Charles knew. Most of those around him were pretty loyal and when the affair started the "his" and "her" camp hadn't broken off yet. So he knew. He probably justified his own affair by it. As for the press, I don't think they knew. At least not until things started leaking in the early 90's. The same security would have been very protective of her and her secrets. They helped them sneak around, at least per James Hewitt's book. Even Andrew Morton discussed how secretive things had to be.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Charles knew, I didn't/don't contest that. Hewitt even told that he was part of Diana's life the same way Camilla was in Charles's. Moreover, I doubt Charles was upset or mad about it. The couple was already in piece way back then.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Harry's Paternity

I finished reading Christopher Andersen's book After Diana. After comparing pictures, I believe Harry looks like his uncle, Charles Spenser, and his grandfather Spenser not James Hewitt.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Oh good heavens
Well said! I am one who also loves a bit of gossip or an active discussion but I absolutely abhor any kind of news that seems to be deliberately hurtful and shows absolutely no potential for a positive influence.

Honestly this seems to be a waste of time, effort and emotional baggage for poor Harry and the RF and it should be for anyone else as well.

I would also like to say...it shouldn't be chocolate ice cream it should be mint chocolate chip ice cream with godiva dark chocolate caramels and grande mintes with lots of cola... yum!!! (And the men don't wear white coats where I come from... the men in coats that chase you are wearing blue very clearly enough with shiny badges!! Hehe.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingnut18 View Post
I finished reading Christopher Andersen's book After Diana. After comparing pictures, I believe Harry looks like his uncle, Charles Spenser, and his grandfather Spenser not James Hewitt.

Especially his Spencer grandfather. And finally, where are the promised photos of prince Charles when child and young boy?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they look like two peas in a pod but what difference does that make?
Prince Charles is his father and this questioning of a young Prince´s paternity can really only be hurtful to the young man in person. Being the youngest son is difficult enough but questioning if he is really royal is a useless exercise and must be extremely vexing to the royal family. Look at the photos and speculate but accept what the royal family has, he is Prince Charles´s son and the subject should be left at that.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think we covered that his mother was a Spencer and that could be why he looks like a Spencer!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I think we covered that his mother was a Spencer and that could be why he looks like a Spencer!
And that, as they say, is that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
There is a difference betweet fun and vulgarity. I myself can be just as bawdy and as ridiculous as the rest. But this subject is not only speculation it is also profoundly hurtful and humiliating. I realize that the RF live under a spotlight and microscope all the time but shouldn't there be some limits of decency?
Mea culpa Thomas. Moving on.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Yesterday I saw the picture of Harris in the Forbes list of the young royals, where he is number two, a frontal close up, and the resemblance with prince Charles is big, in the shape and the position of the eyes, especially, as it has been pointed many times in this forum before.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Commoner

Some years ago a German magazine, possibly Frau Spiegal published two photographs. One was the late Duke of Windsor as a lad of approximately 18 years old, and the other was Prince Harry, both in profile.
Clearly Harry is a Windsor, he is throwback in looks to past generations of the Royal Family.
Taree
Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I just learned that the DNA of the Duke of Edinburgh is in the possession of a commercial lab.

I can't imagine that the rats of the media wouldn't get as far as paying for a check of Harry's DNA with that of his grandfather. Just imagine the scandal! How many more papers you could sell if there was proof that Harry is not Charles' son. Many, many "delightful" stories to follow up etc...

My very personal guess is that somebody already got a sample of Harry's DNA and had it checked and that it turned out that Harry is in fact paternally related to the DoE. So no story, no fun, no money. And they can't even publish the results as this would be sooo disgusting! Noone is going to admit having done a stunt like that when the results are that the young man is in fact who his family claims.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Nobility

Jo, thank you for that information. My personal guess is exactly the same, that Prince Harry is in fact the grandson of the DoE and the son of the PoW. As Harry gets older, he looks more and more like a Windsor. I have the feeling that as he ages, Harry's Windsor bloodlines will become more apparent. He most definitely has Prince Phillip's eyebrows!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
My very personal guess is that somebody already got a sample of Harry's DNA and had it checked and that it turned out that Harry is in fact paternally related to the DoE. So no story, no fun, no money. And they can't even publish the results as this would be sooo disgusting! Noone is going to admit having done a stunt like that when the results are that the young man is in fact who his family claims.
But Jo, if it showed that he was not in fact related to the Windsors, even then they couldn't print it without admitting to theft and of course, who would believe them, someone would suggest that it was a cover! It is public record that Philips DNA was used to prove/disprove whether the bodies found in Russia were the former Tzar and/or his family.
DNA tests finally solve the riddle of what happened to the last tsar's two children | Mail Online
Famous DNA
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Christopher Andersen seems highly convinced that Hewitt is Harry's father though. See Author Q&A: Christopher Andersen Author of 'After Diana' (2 of 2) - AOL Coaches :

Quote:
For years, both Diana and Hewitt said they met in l986, two years after Harry was born. But now Hewitt admits that their affair actually began in mid-l982, and others have confirmed this. When you put that together with the fact that Hewitt was the first person outside the immediate family Diana called to tell she was pregnant a second time and her statement that from the moment Charles looked at Harry for the first time in the hospital the marriage "went straight downhill," there is ample evidence that Hewitt may indeed be Harry's dad.
Now I would really like to know how he figured out Diana had called Hewitt to tell him she was pregnant. A friend of a friend surely told him, right ?

I also found this painting of Diana's father (Edward John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer, known as Johnnie Spencer) :
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/P1010420.jpg
His face is so 'James Hewitt', IMO. The so-called resemblance Hewitt has with Harry is very likely to come from here.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Harry is all Spencer - to be honest I can't believe people are still going on about this.

The Truth's pciture of Johnny Spencer just speaks volume
Old 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
But Jo, if it showed that he was not in fact related to the Windsors, even then they couldn't print it without admitting to theft and of course, who would believe them, someone would suggest that it was a cover! It is public record that Philips DNA was used to prove/disprove whether the bodies found in Russia were the former Tzar and/or his family.
DNA tests finally solve the riddle of what happened to the last tsar's two children | Mail Online
Famous DNA

I don`t know what other analyses were done on Prince Philip`s blood sample, but for the comparison with the Tsar`s alleged descendants, they just did a mitochondrial DNA analysis. That wouldn`t prove anything where Harry was concerned, because mitochondrial DNA is inherited through the maternal line and Harry isn`t related to Prince Philip through the maternal line. mtDNA can`t be used to prove paternity; it`d have to be a nuclear DNA analysis. I don`t know if that was ever done for Prince Philip.

So if some bright spark did get hold of some hairs or a fresh blood sample or something of Harry`s and ran an mtDNA analysis, it would be virtually certain to show a mismatch with Prince Philip`s mtDNA because Prince Philip is related to Harry through the male line and mtDNA is inherited through the female line. Not that I`d expect a newspaper headline to mention that little fact, though.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
Harry is all Spencer - to be honest I can't believe people are still going on about this.

The Truth's pciture of Johnny Spencer just speaks volume
no one is saying that he isn't a spencer...the dispute is that he may not be a windsor. there's no denying he looks like his uncle charles or his grandfather spencer...it's resemblance to hewitt that is making people question who his father may or may not be.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana