The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #761  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
When James Hewitt did that silly "regressive hypnosis" claiming the affair began earlier than commonly thought, I simply felt really sad for him and for Prince Harry.

James' signet ring in Diana's mahogany box told me all I needed to know about that...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #762  
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Yes, I'm quite sure that that this is the doc. The sexual reference was definitely more explicit than suggested in the write-up.

CBC Newsworld : Passionate Eye Monday : Documentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I think that's it, or really close to it : London Net : Archive News - Diana Was Good in Bed, Says Hewitt - 2003-07-15

It was Confessions of a cad, aired on Channel 4 in 2003.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #763  
Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I think that's it, or really close to it : London Net : Archive News - Diana Was Good in Bed, Says Hewitt - 2003-07-15

It was Confessions of a cad, aired on Channel 4 in 2003.
Thank you for the above.
It is worth noting that the article says - one of his friends relates how impressed Hewitt was with Diana's in-bed performance. "It's true," Hewitt replies - Which is very different from what was stated earlier.

This was definitely a case of damned if he agrees, damned if he doesn't. If he hadn't replied at all, he would still have been condemned for having given the impression that she wasn't!
Reply With Quote
  #764  
Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for the above.
It is worth noting that the article says - one of his friends relates how impressed Hewitt was with Diana's in-bed performance. "It's true," Hewitt replies - Which is very different from what was stated earlier.

This was definitely a case of damned if he agrees, damned if he doesn't. If he hadn't replied at all, he would still have been condemned for having given the impression that she wasn't!
I so agree with you, Sky. The man was stuck. At least he said yes!

After reading the article of Mermaid1962, it seems that he agrees to be called a cad. So sincereness may be considered as a quality that he possesses ...

BTW, love your new avatar .
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
One more source : 'Love Rat' Declares Diana Good in Bed : People.com


Quote:
"I never wanted to be a cad," Hewitt says in the documentary (for which U.S. TV rights have yet to be secured). "But I guess I am, so if you're handed a bunch of lemons, make some lemon juice."
Yes, he likes to be called a cad ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #766  
Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I could be wrong, but I stand by what I reported earlier. Believe me, I'm not a person given to vulgarity; and I don't think that I'd have remembered it that way if he hadn't said it. If I saw it on CBC, chances are that it was unedited.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for the above.
It is worth noting that the article says - one of his friends relates how impressed Hewitt was with Diana's in-bed performance. "It's true," Hewitt replies - Which is very different from what was stated earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I could be wrong, but I stand by what I reported earlier. Believe me, I'm not a person given to vulgarity; and I don't think that I'd have remembered it that way if he hadn't said it. If I saw it on CBC, chances are that it was unedited.
Oh! I believe you, Mermaid1962 . And according to this article it's his friend who was vulgar and Hewitt only replied "It's true" :
Quote:
In one sickening clip in the Channel 4 documentary to be shown next week a friend of Hewitt mimics his posh voice and says: “I’ve got some letters to sell from Princess Diana. Princess Diana was one hell of a ****.”

Hewitt laughs to the cameras and says: “It’s true. Don’t worry, we can edit that bit out.”
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old 02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Oh ... how lovely ... . Well, he might have drunk too much whisky .
Apparently I was not too far from the truth :

(from TV review: Knave of hearts by Diana Wichtel | New Zealand Listener)
Quote:
Tragic. Confessions of a Cad was even more grotesque, with Hewitt making such hilarious pronouncements about his life as a love rat as “I just don’t like talking about it.”

The doco – a hatchet job with the subject obligingly wielding the hatchet himself – had Hewitt endlessly establishing his credentials as a rake and ne’er-do-well. A friend at a booze-soaked lunch, playing at being James, says that Diana was one hell of a … Well, that she was good in bed. “It’s true,” says James. “We can cut that out, anyway.”
Yep, lets blame the booze .


There's something interesting in another article :
Quote:
Coleman suggested that Hewitt's "dark side" was owing to his having never got over her. On the contrary, all the evidence suggested that there was nothing to get over. Hewitt, a little pissed, agreed with a friend that Diana was "one hell of a f**k". As for Charles, Hewitt reckoned he had done the prince a favour: "I should think he was grateful someone was looking after her while he was shagging Camilla Parker Bowles."
Ermmm ... I think he's being naughty because he actually didn't get over her death and their separation. Just IMHO anyway.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old 02-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
So THAT four-letter word was definitely there then. Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Oh! I believe you, Mermaid1962 . And according to this article it's his friend who was vulgar and Hewitt only replied "It's true" :
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
So THAT four-letter word was definitely there then. Okay.
But at least it shows that it wasn't Hewitt who started this racy conversation. Although it confirms that he talked about it to some of his friends ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #771  
Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I agree and it's important to see the real persons talking about it. I find Hewitt and his mother quite sincere, I don't think he was lying when he said he fell in love with her.
I feel quite silly. Having said I can't download the video links you provided, I discovered I actually have the DVD of Diana, Story of Princess. It came free with The Australian Women's Weekly 10th anniversary issue of Diana's death last year. For some reason I thought it was one of those docco-drama things and hadn't bothered watching it.

I watched it today, from start to finish. It is very good. As you say, it's important to see the real people speaking about what happened.

I don't think James Hewitt had gotten over Diana as at the time that interview was done. He seemed on the verge of tears talking about her.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Kat Kat is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I would hope not which is why even if it's true it will never be made public. My only fear would be in this day of DNA testing some over-ambitious schmuck would somehow get (or buy) something of P. Harry's and Hewitt and have a lab run a DNA test. What a nightmare it could potentially be.
Hmm, you know even if it's not true, if the newspapers get it into their heads to print something like that, they would. I mean, they do have a reputation to uphold of making up juicy stories when there is nothing else to talk about.
__________________
Luv Kat

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 02-26-2008, 10:45 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I feel quite silly. Having said I can't download the video links you provided, I discovered I actually have the DVD of Diana, Story of Princess. It came free with The Australian Women's Weekly 10th anniversary issue of Diana's death last year. For some reason I thought it was one of those docco-drama things and hadn't bothered watching it.
Haha, that reminds me of someone ...

Quote:
I watched it today, from start to finish. It is very good. As you say, it's important to see the real people speaking about what happened.

I don't think James Hewitt had gotten over Diana as at the time that interview was done. He seemed on the verge of tears talking about her.
I have some pity for him because I believe he has been ditched in the worst possible way and that now he has no chance to discover why he was treated like that since she's dead.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
I'm still wondering about the fact that Diana claimed that Charles never slept with her after Harry's birth and that he had commented on his red hair right after the birth.

According to Skydragon, rumours about Diana and Hewitt were already spreading during this time, so IMHO it could have been that Charles had heard about them and felt that the reddish hair of the baby was proof. So he made it impossible to foist another child on him afterwards. But I guess Charles either realised that Harry was his or found that it didn't matter to him when it came to his relationship with the child.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I'm still wondering about the fact that Diana claimed that Charles never slept with her after Harry's birth and that he had commented on his red hair right after the birth.

According to Skydragon, rumours about Diana and Hewitt were already spreading during this time, so IMHO it could have been that Charles had heard about them and felt that the reddish hair of the baby was proof. So he made it impossible to foist another child on him afterwards. But I guess Charles either realised that Harry was his or found that it didn't matter to him when it came to his relationship with the child.
That sounds pretty accurate and I'd be ready to believe it. Harry seemed to be an "accident". Diana said herself that she didn't know how they had made it, so to speak. The couple was already in turmoil and even without Hewitt, I doubt Charles would have slept with Diana after Harry's birth. But I'm starting to believe that Hewitt and Diana did begin a relationship before 1986.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Has Ken Wharfe ever explained the title of his book "Closely Guarded Secret"?
Hahaha, you're right. I wonder what was the message here ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 03-01-2008, 06:42 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Harry doesn't look at all like Charles. He looks like Prince Phillip. Especially in the latest videos of his interviews in Afghanistan, he has Phillips eyes, Charles Spencers hair and Diana's mannerisms. Even James Hewitt himself said that Harry is not his son. Considering he holds Diana's memories less than dirt, I'm sure if Harry was his son he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...06_600x600.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
I recently bought a lot of old royalty books on ebay which encluded several about young 25-30 something Charles. Harry looks so much Charles at that age, eyes shape and being a bit close together, 'the' ears, and the thin straight lipped mouth of both Charles and QEII. I wish I could get some one to teach me how to post photos, but I'm an absolute techno idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
The resemblance between Prince Philip and Prince Harry is quite strong there on the balcony.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Harry doesn't look at all like Charles. He looks like Prince Phillip. Especially in the latest videos of his interviews in Afghanistan, he has Phillips eyes, Charles Spencers hair and Diana's mannerisms. Even James Hewitt himself said that Harry is not his son. Considering he holds Diana's memories less than dirt, I'm sure if Harry was his son he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...06_600x600.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
sthreats's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: midwest, United States
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The resemblance between Prince Philip and Prince Harry is quite strong there on the balcony.
I think Prince Charles looks like his father. He walks and gestures like him ( and the Queen of course). There is a picture in Prince Charles biography of Charles with his father and uncle (Mountbatten). They look very much like father and son. Harry looks like his grandfather and his father as well as the Spencers. It is a shame that during the divorce too many personal details about the marriage were aired and lead to this kind of silly speculation. And bottom line-To Prince Charles Harry is his son. Just look at his face when he came back from Afganistan today--pride and relief.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
James Carnegie, 3rd Duke of Fife (1929-2015) and Family betina British Royals 30 07-06-2015 10:12 AM
James and Julia Ogilvy and Family News 1: December 2003- flirtmooni British Royals 19 05-09-2014 06:23 AM
Why do you like Diana? juliamontague Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 222 12-21-2011 03:40 AM
Sophie Gives Birth to a Son: James Alexander Philip Theo, Viscount Severn - 17.12.07 BeatrixFan The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family 237 01-27-2008 06:11 AM
James James Mclean Member Introductions 1 10-30-2007 06:19 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jubilee celebration kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction military monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania style royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises