The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I listened to him on an afternoon radio programme (Steve Wright IIRC) and on the TV prog (CH5), he said that Diana never exactly 'broke it off', just refused his phone calls and never rang him. He said he believed it was on orders from Charles and HM. He was also refused admittance through the gates. This was all after he had returned from the Gulf and he really felt that part of it was because he was no longer an 'action hero'. It was also the tale he told whilst crying into his beer, so to speak.
Ugh ... such an awful situation. I wouldn't have liked to be him in those moments. I wouldn't bear to be left like this without any explanation. I don't know what to think about HM or Charles avoiding her to contact or see him. For sure, I can't imagine Charles ordering that kind of restrictions. When Diana was with Hewitt, she wasn't on his back, so to speak. He was left alone and that didn't annoy him at all, on the contrary. For HM or another member of the RF, it's a little different. If some were horrified by the idea of the Princess of Wales having an affair with a major, they might have planned to do something ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Cowley View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but Tan Berry's picture is not a picture of Charles Spencer; it is a picture of Prince Harry as a child.

According to the Google image, that is a picture of Charles Spencer as a kid, everyone interested can check it. I agree that looks exactly like Harry as a kid, but it seems that they share many genes, they are relatives in the first degree.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone ever managed to know if Charles was related with Hewitt in any kind of way, like Diana was to Charles by William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire ?

Because it matters...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...nasparents.jpg

These are Diana´s parents. The father bear some ressemblance with James Hewitt, I think.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esSpencer2.jpg

This is Diana´s brother, Charles Spencer, with his first wife, I think. He, too, bear some ressemblance with James Hewitt, not so much like his father. And, absolutely, he is much more handsome than Hewitt.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Looking at the pictures you have posted, I am even more convinced that Harry bears NO resemblance to Charles or Johnny Spencer! I certainly don't think either of them look anything like James Hewitt.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

I definitely don't believe Harry is James Hewitt's son. Were Diana and James Hewitt even in a relationship that early in the 1980s? And even on the extremely slight chance that the rumours have something to them, I feel sorry for Harry that this is even a subject of discussion. He went through enough in his young life to have to deal with speculation that he isn't the son of his only surviving parent (and supposedly instead the son of someone who's never shown any paternal feelings towards him).

And I can't see the supposed resemblance between Harry and James Hewitt. I do think that Harry looks like Charles, actually. They have similar close-set eyes and a narrow face. I also think Harry looks like Prince Philip, in the face and the lean build.

I don't actually look much like my mom or dad. Neither does my brother. Nor do we look strongly like each other! It's the same, for that matter, with some of my cousins and their siblings. Not every family has strong genetic resemblances to each other, I guess...but it can't be taken as a sign they're not related.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Ugh ... such an awful situation. I wouldn't have liked to be him in those moments. I wouldn't bear to be left like this without any explanation. I don't know what to think about HM or Charles avoiding her to contact or see him. For sure, I can't imagine Charles ordering that kind of restrictions. When Diana was with Hewitt, she wasn't on his back, so to speak. He was left alone and that didn't annoy him at all, on the contrary. For HM or another member of the RF, it's a little different. If some were horrified by the idea of the Princess of Wales having an affair with a major, they might have planned to do something ...
I read that Diana, Princess of Wales never spoke to Hewitt again after he went on a TV show. This was after his book, "Princess in Love" came out. If Diana was smart, she should not have frozen him out. He betrayed her because he was use to the good life from her and he ruined his army career.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I read that Diana, Princess of Wales never spoke to Hewitt again after he went on a TV show. This was after his book, "Princess in Love" came out. If Diana was smart, she should not have frozen him out. He betrayed her because he was use to the good life from her and he ruined his army career.
What's terrible actually is that, according to him, she never explained why she had dumped him. We can suppose that she heard about their affair being revealed to the press and got scared but did she realize the pain she may cause by cutting him off like that ?

Because it matters...
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What's terrible actually is that, according to him, she never explained why she had dumped him. We can suppose that she heard about their affair being revealed to the press and got scared but did she realize the pain she may cause by cutting him off like that ?
That was the way she was with everyone she dumped. I also read that she was getting bored with him. To this day I believe that Diana, Princess of Wales was a mentally sick person and this sickness clouded her judgement.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Two great boys

I think that Harry´s most important resemblance is with his maternal grandfather. He can have, besides, some things from his father o paternal grandfather, like happens to everyone of us. But he is the son of Diana, anyway, and that is why, other than his personal charisma, I like him so much. William´s most important resemblance is with his maternal uncle, besides having many things from the other family, too. He has the smile and the elegance of his mother, and her extraordinary charisma, too.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's a "collage" I've made very quickly, just to have the faces of Charles, Hewitt, Harry and Charles Spencer on the same pic. For me, Harry looks totally like his dad, P. Charles.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 65411699pk0.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Nobility

I feel badly for Harry that this has become such a public thing. I can't imagine how that makes him feel.
Lexi
Old 02-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Here's a "collage" I've made very quickly, just to have the faces of Charles, Hewitt, Harry and Charles Spencer on the same pic. For me, Harry looks totally like his dad, P. Charles.

Sorry but....

Harry has a different jawline to both Charles and Spencer.
His Eyes are also differently set to both Charles & Spencer.
Ears not like Charles or Spencer.
Nose not like Charles or Spencer.

It is not possible, using your pictures to compare with James, as his is a side shot!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sorry but....

Harry has a different jawline to both Charles and Spencer.
His Eyes are also differently set to both Charles & Spencer.
Ears not like Charles or Spencer.
Nose not like Charles or Spencer.

It is not possible, using your pictures to compare with James, as his is a side shot!
Okay, okay Sky. Here's a new one, with Hewitt on portrait . But something tells me that it won't change your opinion .

ImageShack - Hosting :: 49933502je1.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

i have to say that i see absolutely no resemblance between harry and charles spencer other than the hair colour and no resemblance between harry and prince charles either. but restating my opinion - i think it's possible that hewitt could be his father but this doesn't mean that charles definitely isn't.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_berry View Post
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esSpencer2.jpg

This is Diana´s brother, Charles Spencer, with his first wife, I think. He, too, bear some ressemblance with James Hewitt, not so much like his father. And, absolutely, he is much more handsome than Hewitt.
Yes, I agree. Charles Spencer does resemble James Hewitt.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's an interesting video for those who didn't see the hypnosis footage :
http://www.toptvbytes.com/clipasx.as.../2/clip443.asx

Because it matters...
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Thanks for putting this collage together so that we could all take a look.
I don't think Harry looks like hewitt at all. It doesn't even look like the same shade of red hair and anyway there is red hair on both the Spencer and Windsor families. Harry I think looks like prince Philip and he could almost be a twin of one of his cousins on his mothers side. I believe one of janes or sarahs son looks very much like Harry.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygoogles View Post
SNIPPED - and he could almost be a twin of one of his cousins on his mothers side. I believe one of janes or sarahs son looks very much like Harry.
Could that be that be because we do know that Diana and her siblings shared the same mother?

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana