Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry doesn't look at all like Charles. He looks like Prince Phillip. Especially in the latest videos of his interviews in Afghanistan, he has Phillips eyes, Charles Spencers hair and Diana's mannerisms. Even James Hewitt himself said that Harry is not his son. Considering he holds Diana's memories less than dirt, I'm sure if Harry was his son he'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/kimebear_2006/royals180606_600x600.jpg

Though I'm convinced Prince Charles is Harry's father, I doubt Hewitt would be claiming his paternity to the world. To my mind, he would have alot of problems since he has already broken the law by sleeping with the wife of the Prince of Wales. Fortunately, no one high-profiled decided to take account of it but people who didn't like Diana did and made him paid the price before he was hated by the whole world. Now, if he was Harry's father, certain people would have made it clear to him that he'd better shut up. I really don't think monarchists and defenders of the good manners would bear that such a secret could be revealed to the world.

Hewitt is a strange man and it's my belief that he talks about her in a macho way to hide the anger he feels about being ditched by a woman, moreover by the Princess of Wales.

Last edited:
Last week in the US on the talk show REAL TIME, comedian-host Bill Maher was talking with his guests about Prince Harry in the military. He then stated that Harry was NOT the son of Prince Charles but rather the son of James Hewitt. He then put up a picture of Harry next to a picture of Charles and said they look nothing alike. Then he put up a picture of Harry next to a picture of Hewitt and said they look exactly alike. Personally, I don't think Harry looks like James Hewitt. One of Mr. Maher's guests, British writer Christopher Hitchens, encouraged Maher by saying that Princess Diana used to end her letters to Hewitt with, "Love from Harry." How does he know this? Is this true? People here in the US seem to WANT to believe that Harry is Hewitt's son; I don't know why.

Who the hell cares about these claims anymore? I surely do not. It's an exhausted, boring, stupid rumor. I'm at the point now where, shoot even if he was/is/whatever the biological son of Donald Trump, I couldn't give a crap.
He's still Harry, whatever the circumstances of his conception. Because even if he was conceived by a father other than Charles, neither BP nor CH will ever admit it, so it will never come to anything anyway. He'll always be HRH Prince Harry no matter what. So just move the hell on........

To my mind, he would have alot of problems since he has already broken the law by sleeping with the wife of the Prince of Wales.

I seriously doubt that they would even investigate a breach of that law.

Although there is a lot of Spencer in Harry there are some gestures or facial expressions that I would clearly allocate towards Charles and his parents. Furthermore, if Harry was Hewitts son indeed I don't believe this could be kept secret over such a long time period. Harry is the 3rd in the line of the throne and it would be an immense risk to try to fool the public and the taxpayers to drag along an illegitimate child. I can imagine that DNA tests have already taken place and confirmed that Harry is a Wales either by the BRF or some nasty journos. I mean it's not that difficult - all you need to do is get hold of a hair or an empty glass and call your contact at a lab. A week later you know. If there was any truth in this rumour the tabloids would already have jumped on it, if not in Britain than elsewhere.

Why is this thread even open? What is there to be said that hasn't been repeated by a million people, a million times? This thread is so boring, filled with the same repetitions. Nothing new, never. Absolutely no originality of ideas in this thread....

I seriously doubt that they would even investigate a breach of that law.

No, they wouldn't but they could. Under these circumstances, I also doubt it but it would be a real mess if Hewitt claimed to be Harry's father and actually proved it. I don't think he wishes to be the center of attention ; he has moved to Portugal to be away of the problems.

Last edited:
Why is this thread even open? What is there to be said that hasn't been repeated by a million people, a million times? This thread is so boring, filled with the same repetitions. Nothing new, never. Absolutely no originality of ideas in this thread....

Well, you always have the option of ignoring it.;) We have new members showing up all the time, and then we're hearing about what a shame it is that such and such a thread has been closed because they were looking forward to contributing. Plus, you never know what embarrassing new headline James Hewitt might come up with next week.

Although there is a lot of Spencer in Harry there are some gestures or facial expressions that I would clearly allocate towards Charles and his parents. Furthermore, if Harry was Hewitts son indeed I don't believe this could be kept secret over such a long time period. Harry is the 3rd in the line of the throne and it would be an immense risk to try to fool the public and the taxpayers to drag along an illegitimate child. I can imagine that DNA tests have already taken place and confirmed that Harry is a Wales either by the BRF or some nasty journos. I mean it's not that difficult - all you need to do is get hold of a hair or an empty glass and call your contact at a lab. A week later you know. If there was any truth in this rumour the tabloids would already have jumped on it, if not in Britain than elsewhere.
I see so much more of a Spencer resemblance in William than Harry. I think William looks just like Diana's Father and Brother. Both sons have 'Spencer' Blond/Red coloring. But facially I see more Mountbatten-Windsor in Harry.

I do as well. His eyes though, the shape of them, are Charles's eyes.. It amazes me all this started because of RED HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it didn't start because of his red hair. it is clear we all 'see' different likenesses in people. I don't think his eyes are at all like Charles', nor do I think he has Philips nose, etc, etc.
I can imagine that DNA tests have already taken place and confirmed that Harry is a Wales either by the BRF or some nasty journos. I mean it's not that difficult - all you need to do is get hold of a hair or an empty glass and call your contact at a lab. A week later you know. If there was any truth in this rumour the tabloids would already have jumped on it, if not in Britain than elsewhere
The science of DNA testing was only perfected a short time ago and is still not seen by some as being entirely accurate. All very well on CSI, but in reality..... They need clear samples from Harry and someone know to be from the paternal side. Unless they can prove 'chain of evidence', it would still be impossible to prove and I can't see any of the Royal Family allowing that.

No matter who his father actually is, he is the absolute spitting image of.....

Harry.

Last week in the US on the talk show REAL TIME, comedian-host Bill Maher was talking with his guests about Prince Harry in the military. He then stated that Harry was NOT the son of Prince Charles but rather the son of James Hewitt. He then put up a picture of Harry next to a picture of Charles and said they look nothing alike. Then he put up a picture of Harry next to a picture of Hewitt and said they look exactly alike. Personally, I don't think Harry looks like James Hewitt. One of Mr. Maher's guests, British writer Christopher Hitchens, encouraged Maher by saying that Princess Diana used to end her letters to Hewitt with, "Love from Harry." How does he know this? Is this true? People here in the US seem to WANT to believe that Harry is Hewitt's son; I don't know why.

I saw that entire show. As for Mr. Hitchen's, well, I tend to ignore him since 99.999999% of the time he espouses utter non-sense. Why, I have no idea... perhaps to be "shocking" and "different."

From my perspective, Harry looks like a Spencer. All one has to do is take a look at all the Spencer men throughout the ages. Furthermore, I have no doubt Prince Charles is Harry's father.

I thought the pictures of Prince Harry in his combat uniform with his hat on that he looked just like his father. He definitely has the Winsdor nose and I too believe he looks like his grandfather. As most poeple here have said, it really doesn't matter who is the one who donated sperm, although I do believe he is Charles son, Prince Charles is HIS father.

I was discussing this with my mother and she brought up a good point, w/e happened back then it doesn't matter if he's Charles' biological son, Charles was the one who raised him not James so therefore no matter what some DNA test may say he will always be Charles' son. Although I personally have always beleive he is Charles son, he has alot of the Spencer gene in him though I was looking at some pictures of his cousins at Diana's memorial and they're like duplicates. In some pictures his side profile resembles James but besides that I don't really see it.

I doubt there will ever be any DNA tests. For Harry's sake, I hope this all just goes away.

I'm glad you also saw the show, GlitteringTiaras. I don't think the photo of James Hewitt that Bill Maher put up beared any resemblance to Prince Harry, yet he stated they look exactly alike, as if everyone shares his opinion. I was really surprised that Mr. Hitchens threw more fuel on the fire, since he is British. But then I remembered that he was never a fan of Princess Diana. I've never heard the story about Diana ending her letters to Hewitt in that way. And how would Hitchens know?

As do I. I just feel bad this young man has to put up with all this BS, from us, reporters, everyone..

if there was a paternity test no matter what the result Prince Charles has regarded Harry as his son raised him as such and would never wish him to know that there was a question over his paternity out of respect for his mother. The results of the paternity test would be immaterial to Prince Charles and even having such a test take place would be devastating to Harry. Whats the fuss about the child had a loving and attentive father may we all be so lucky.!!!!!!

As most people here have said, it really doesn't matter who is the one who donated sperm,
If anything happens to William, it will matter to a great many in the UK.

Very true. It does matter whenever the monarchy as institution is concerned (eg something happens to William or he doesn't have any offsprings). Furthermore I believe that the supporters of the BRF or the british taxpayers would take some interest in the issue too - a proof of deception from the BRF's side would question their credibility and mean a serious threat to the survival of the institution itself.

But even if something happened to William, who could actually do something? Okay Charles and Harry could easily enough decide on a paternity-test but if they don't, could eg Andrew ask for one?

Has there been a similar case in the nobility for example?

As an aside: the technique of paternity tests is so advanced that you can do the collecting of the samples yourself at home and then send the samples in - results are sent back to a lawyer if wished or can be picked up anonymously... So it's not that these test cannot be handled discreetly, if chosen. I bet Charles has some friends and aides who would keep quiet about anything, so it could easily be arranged, I guess.

I checked a bit about cases like that in the nobility and found three cases so far - The Banbury Claim, the Aylesbury Case and the Poulett Case. In all three cases a son was declared illegitimate by the highest jurisdictional authorities, even though he was born to the wife during the marriage. Interesting is the Banbury claim - even though the descendants of the disputed legitime heir to the title were high in Royal favour and were knighted or received peerages, they were not reinstalled into the title itself: From Wiki:

The Earl of Banbury's wife, who was nearly forty years her husband's junior, was the mother of two sons, Edward (16271645) and Nicholas (16311674), whose paternity has given rise to much dispute. Neither is mentioned in the earl's will, but in 1641 the law courts decided that Edward was Earl of Banbury, and when he was killed in June 1645 his brother Nicholas took the title. In the Convention Parliament of 1660 some objection was taken to the earl sitting in the House of Lords, and in 1661 he was not summoned to parliament; he had not succeeded in obtaining his writ of summons when he died on 14 March 1674. Nicholas's son Charles (16621740), the 4th earl, had not been summoned to parliament when in 1692 he killed Captain Philip Lawson in a duel. This raised the question of his rank in a new form. Was he, or was he not, entitled to trial by the peers? The House of Lords declared that he was not a peer and therefore not so entitled, but the Court of King's Bench released him from his imprisonment on the ground that he was the Earl of Banbury and not Charles Knollys, a commoner. Nevertheless, the House of Lords refused to move from its position, and Knollys had not received a writ of summons when he died in April 1740. His son Charles (17031771), vicar of Burford, Oxfordshire, and his grandsons, William (17261776) and Thomas Woods (17271793), were successively titular Earls of Banbury, but they took no steps to prove their title.
However, in 1806, Thomas Woods's son William (17631834), who attained the rank of general in the British army, asked for a writ of summons as Earl of Banbury, but in 1813 the House of Lords decided against the claim. Several peers, including the great Lord Erskine, protested against this decision, but General Knollys himself accepted it and ceased to call himself Earl of Banbury. He died in Paris on 20 March 1834. His eldest son, Sir William Thomas Knollys (17971883), entered the army and served with the Guards during the Peninsular War. Remaining in the army after the conclusion of the peace of 1815 he won a good reputation and rose high in his profession. From 1855 to 1860 he was in charge of the military camp at Aldershot, then in its infancy, and in 1861 he was made president of the council of military education. From 1862 to 1877 he was comptroller of the household of the Prince of Wales, afterwards King Edward VII. From 1877 until his death on 23 June 1883, he was Gentleman Usher of the Black Rod; he was also a privy councillor and colonel of the Scots Guards. His son Francis Knollys, 1st Viscount Knollys (b. 1837), private secretary to Edward VII and George V, was created Baron Knollys in 1902 and Viscount Knollys in 1911; another son, Sir Henry Knollys (b. 1840), became private secretary to King Edward's daughter Maud, Queen of Norway. Knollys's daughter, Charlotte, became the Private Secretary and close friend to the Princess of Wales, later Queen Alexandra. She died unmarried in 1930.

End of quote.

"This information is copyright protected under the GNU Free Documentation License and can be copied to this forum, but may not be changed in doing so."

In both the Aylesbury Case and the Poulett Case the courts did not believe a son to be fathered by the holder of the respective title, so the title passed into another branch of the family. The decision were based in the Common Law about legitimacy and the relative who thought had the senior right to the title had the right to question the legitimacy. As Common Law applies to the members of the RF as well (or at least I believe it does, except where special laws exist), Andrew could well act if something happened to William before he is married and father of a child.

Equally interesting the Moynihan-case, who was decided on the basis of DNa-testings in 1997. The third Lord Moynihan had a son from his fourth marriage, but the child was conceived through IVF and it could be proved that he was not the father. He fathered a son in his fifth marriage, though, but because the fourth marriage had not legally been disolved, this son was declared illegitimate as he was born to a bigamous marriage. Thus the brother of the third Lord became the fourth Baron. Interesting legal argumentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
with this rumour swirling around for so long now, i would be very surprised if a test hasn't already been done by someone. also, i know this has been asked before but isn't a test done at birth to ensure that the baby is a legitmate heir?

Very true. It does matter whenever the monarchy as institution is concerned (eg something happens to William or he doesn't have any offsprings). Furthermore I believe that the supporters of the BRF or the british taxpayers would take some interest in the issue too - a proof of deception from the BRF's side would question their credibility and mean a serious threat to the survival of the institution itself.

I happen to believe that Harry is Charles' biological son, but if he's not, it is an extremely important issue for the institution of the monarchy. If William dies without issue, the public needs to know Harry is in fact Charles' son. Harry can't inherit simply because of touchy-feely modern concepts about "fatherhood" and the fact Charles has always treated him as his son. If Harry is not Charles' son, he can't become King, and I think DNA proof would be required. If he is indeed a Windsor, it would be no big deal. If he's not, it most certainly would be. But I think DNA tests would have already been performed.

I believe that Harry is Charles' biological son however I would not be surprised if a DNA test has already been carried out.

SNIPPED - But I think DNA tests would have already been performed.
Unless the DNA tests were done recently, there would be no guarantee of accuracy. The tests used in 1984, were not normally DNA, but simple blood tests, (I think I posted the links explaining this technique earlier in the thread). :flowers:

Unless the DNA tests were done recently, there would be no guarantee of accuracy. The tests used in 1984, were not normally DNA, but simple blood tests, (I think I posted the links explaining this technique earlier in the thread). :flowers:

I meant DNA tests, i.e. recent tests, not blood tests taken at the time of Harry's birth.

I would actually be surprised if a DNA test had been done. I don't think there's doubt in the family. Even if there was, I think they would avoid the test because tests leave evidence.

I would actually be surprised if a DNA test had been done. I don't think there's doubt in the family. Even if there was, I think they would avoid the test because tests leave evidence.

There may well be no doubt at all within the family, and even if there is some doubt they may prefer to adopt the wait-and-see approach, on the assumption William will reproduce so the issue of Harry's biological right to be monarch will probably never arise. I actually had in mind that it might be one of the Powers that Be - "dark forces" or security services of some type - that would have had the DNA testing done, rather than the family.

Last edited:
The shredder would be working overtime! :lol:

Honestly, I think this is one of the few cases where the truth is much better never investigated. I can't understand how investigating Harry's paternity could be beneficial. I don't know if a discovery that Harry was illegitimate could worsen Diana's reputation or soften Charles' reputation much: people already know she had an affair with Hewitt and those who believe she turned to him only because Charles had already turned to Camilla would continue to believe that, while those who had already lost respect for her wouldn't have any respect to lose. But for the monarchy itself, I think that a discovery that such a prominent royal was illegitimate would be just one more devastating scandal. And for Harry, of course, it would completely ruin his life. Imagine discovering your mom lied to you for years, you aren't biologically related to your only living parent, and your "real dad" could apparently care less about you!

I'm not saying I think Harry is Hewitt's son. I don't. But even if he were, even if he became the first "non-biological" son of a king to inherit the throne, it would be a whole lot safer for the monarchy than some revelation that he was actually the son of someone like Hewitt who many people consider unsavory.

Back
Top Bottom