The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 AM

As I said, I do wish CH would take a "test and rest" (forever!) approach, but I do realize that hoping CH (or BP for that matter) to take any kind of active approach against the media gossips, even on something as serious as paternity allegations, is almost as pointless as asking them to comment on Kate Middleton. Although a DNA test would certainly yield results favorable to CH, and would act as a final "told you so" in the face of the fanatical conspiracy theorist press, it would go against CH's long standing policy of Ignore It Until It Flies Away.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I've heard many times that Diana was forced to prove that Harry was really Charles son, but I think it's more speculations. Even if it was true, the Palace knows it so it's for them to know and the press to find out ... But unfortunately the press think they own the RF. I remember seeing titles like 'Diana : Our Princess'. They consider it's their property so they must know everything about them to a very unhealthy point . All the bad curiosty, seeing pictures of her dying or spreading the rumour of Hewitt being Harry's father to see how they react. The problem is that people listen to the media and become little by little like them. You don't own their lives, it's private. Although the RF is at the top of the country and Harry's paternity was made a public matter, against everybody's will.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

James Hewitt wants to be famous. He brings up the paternity and affair thing every few years.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
James Hewitt wants to be famous. He brings up the paternity and affair thing every few years.
Well he didn't start the 'crap' so to speak. When Diana admited adultery in 1995, people and media compared the red hair (totally dismissing that it's a caracteristic of the Spencer as well) of Harry and Hewitt. As far as I remember, Hewitt never said a word on that story or when he did, he absolutely denied it. It's the hypnosis session that started the rumour-machine again and on that point, I agree with you. He shouldn't have done it.

Because it matters...
Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 PM

this may be of little consequence, but what about Harry's copper hair? after seeing a picture of James i must say there is some evidence there
Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeondrums View Post
this may be of little consequence, but what about Harry's copper hair? after seeing a picture of James i must say there is some evidence there
Perhaps checking out the other 21 pages of this thread would also add some consequence to the validity of this evidence.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:07 AM

true, but reading ten pages of this makes you dizzy let alone 21, I'm just trying to catch up a little :)
Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeondrums View Post
true, but reading ten pages of this makes you dizzy let alone 21, I'm just trying to catch up a little :)
Yeah, this is one of those topics that tend to just go round-and-round. Dizzy is a good description.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Picture of Hewitt when he was young :
http://www.koningkeizerrijken.info/p...ames-02-02.jpg

Just find it funny.

Because it matters...
Old 08-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

FOXNews.com - Free Video Player

Ken Wharfe affirms that Prince Harry is Prince Charles' son.

Because it matters...
Old 08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Majesty

To simplify the matter with regard to the 'red' hair.

Either Harry inherited that red hair from his father's side or his mother's side of the family.

No one recently in Prince Charles's family appears to have red hair BUT many of Diana's side of the family DO have red hair thus Harry probably inherited the red hair from his mother's side of the family.

As a result the red hair doesn't prove a thing regarding his paternity.

We need to consider other physical characteristics as well as the statements of both parents and the attitudes of both parents - neither have ever questioned Harry's paternity. In fact I have somewhere an article in which Diana clearly says that she way horrified that anyone would suggest that Charles wasn't Harry's father. I also have Richard Kay's article published in the week after Diana's death in which he makes it plain that not only is Charles Harry's father but that Harry himself had asked his father that and had the reply along the lines of 'of course I am your father'. This was also in the article in which Kay makes it clear that the boys were devoted to their father and had spent quite a lot of time with him growing up, despite the fact that Diana would frequently take them on occasions when Charles was expecting to have them.

It is clear to me that both Diana and Charles beleive that Harry is Charles son and that should be an end of the debate. It certainly is in law anyway.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

In my opinion, this boy has already lost his mother, now people want to take away his father. IMO, there is no other reason for Hewitt to continue to keep this story alive except to stay in the lime light. No matter what DNA says, Prince Harry is Prince Charles son, sometimes he even seems closer to Charles then William. DNA doesn't make you a father, raising the child does, spending time with the child does, making him important in your life does, so Prince Chalres is Harry's father, especally where it matters.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

The cruellest of timing for cad Hewitt’s final betrayal of Diana

The cruellest of timing for cad Hewitt’s final betrayal of Diana | the Daily Mail
Old 08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Nobility

I remember quite vividly a couple of years ago on some tabloid television program James Hewitt was put under hypnosis to "try to remember" the time when he first began his romantic relationship with Diana.....Despite the fact that an impending hurricane (Rita) was within hours of hitting my area of the country , I sat mesmerized to this tawdry (imo) display of bad form from what was definitely a sad attempt to refocus publicity upon himself.

Despite who may or may not be Harry's biological father, Prince Harry has proven that he has become both an officer and gentleman. He continues to amaze me with his ease in his his ever increasing public duties and his desire to continue in his mother's footsteps with full awareness of his royal role.

He shows that no matter where you come from it matters more where you go.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'd still like to know why he needed hypnosis to get him to remember. I mean, repressed memories are supposed to be traumatic, and it's rather an insult to Diana for him to be suggesting that the start of their affair was so traumatic that it requires hypnosis for him to remember.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
Yeah, this is one of those topics that tend to just go round-and-round. Dizzy is a good description.

Around and around....
A: Is Hewitt Harry's father?
B: Yes, he is! The red hair!
C: But the Spencers have red hair too!
B: Well, no one questions that Diana is his mother.
A: But he looks like Philip, and Charles too!
B: But James and Charles look alike so who knows....
A: Well, James denies it.... and there is no proof!
B: The red hair!

And around and around....
Old 08-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Royal Highness

It's really sad the man can't find something else to do besides rehashing a period of life most people would rather not admit to. It's a good thing he doesn't have a wife. Who would want to share a marriage with a ghost.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Nobility

I am truly upset with James Hewitt's participation in this movie regarding Diana. But as Dr. Phil McGraw has said before, "Past behaviour is a good prediction of future behaviour" so it was only a matter of time Hewitt did something creepy like this. Thank goodness people can see him for the cad he thoroughly is. He has no regard or respect for the princess nor for the feelings of her sons....
Old 08-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I'd still like to know why he needed hypnosis to get him to remember. I mean, repressed memories are supposed to be traumatic, and it's rather an insult to Diana for him to be suggesting that the start of their affair was so traumatic that it requires hypnosis for him to remember.
The show (here in America) that featured a snippet of the British show (I have forgotten the name of the British show) was "Inside Edition"....

I am sure there are people so traumatised by life that regression-hypnosis has been utilized in clinical settings to uncover abuse or other events to painful to recall in a conscious state.

However, imo, Mr. Hewitt "used" this premise to 1) get some publicity to stay within the minds of the public and 2) to "cover his tracks" should there be a grain of truth that he indeed keep company with the Princess at an earlier than already known time.

I don't believe James Hewitt will ever go away or go quietly. He will pop up from time to time to line his blazer pockets with chump change.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
I am truly upset with James Hewitt's participation in this movie regarding Diana. But as Dr. Phil McGraw has said before, "Past behaviour is a good prediction of future behaviour" so it was only a matter of time Hewitt did something creepy like this. Thank goodness people can see him for the cad he thoroughly is. He has no regard or respect for the princess nor for the feelings of her sons....
Hewitt was a part of the boys' lives, too. They spent a lot of time together. We can't pretend to imagine what William & Harry think about Hewitt. They might have fond memories of him.

I've always tended to defend Hewitt, but this does sound a bit over the top. I want to see it though; it might be interesting. I hope there are no explicit sex scenes. Eeek.

Tags
diana princess of wales, extramarital affair, james hewitt, paternity, prince charles, prince harry, prince of wales, princess diana