Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...then we should completely ignore anything by "sources"...these threads exist on the discussion of articles like that. Of course he won't publicly talk about this...:lol:...his family would freak on him!
I'm not saying it should be ignored, just that to me "anonymous source"= "writer's imagination." Others will no doubt have a different opinion.

Cat

Well, good people, the subject is just plain tacky. The fact of the matter is from all reports Charles and his sons are close to each other. There is one wonderful picture I think that they sent out at Christmas that indicated not only great humour but great affection.

As for Harry not looking like his father, well my brother does not look at bit at all like my late father. One is rather short and stocky and the other tall and rather slender. Etc. Does this mean my brother, who takes very much after my mother, is not my father's son. How silly can you get. What the point of all these speculations is is beyond me. Except perhaps to cause embarrasment and pain where there has been enough already. It is quite obvious that both Charles and Diana, whatever their shortcomings, both loved and cared deeply about their sons and these emotions were reciprocated by their children. What more need be said??? Cheers.
Both Charles and Diana said the pregnancy was planned and I give little credence to James Hewitt's repressed memories recalled under hypnosis. Harry is the son of Charles and Diana.

And I have claimed for years that I must have been switched at birth as I resemble no one in my family.

Cat

Absolutely :D.

Although, I don't know how she could have talked to him not via writing letters ... . I've heard she had phoned him once but I'm interested to see how we could know that.

To come back to Gilbey, their affair went on from 1988 to 1989 approximately, which means just after Hewitt had left for Germany. But I've never understood how she jumped from Gilbey to Hewitt again. It was much easier to keep the car salesperson and avoid all the problems linked to the army by having an affair with a major. Moreover, he has still left for the Gulf war after coming back from Germany. Was she so in love to tolerate another goodbye ?!

Hewitt went to Germany because his regiment moved there and he had the opportunity to undertake duties which would, hopefully, advance his career. He was to command at tank squadron and the squadron went to the Gulf from Germany. Diana was very angry with him for "letting her down" by leaving her to go where his career took him. She froze him out for a while and didn't return his calls, but then started calling again, and maintained regular contact after one occasion when a girl Hewitt had been seeing answered his phone!:lol: He had the chance to go back to England en route to Canada to observe manoeuvres two squadrons of The Life Guards were performing there. He stayed with Diana at Highgrove then and saw her once more for final goodbyes and declarations of love at the house of a friend before he finally left for the Gulf.

I can't work out precisely where Gilbey fits in to all this. We know they were an item by New Year's Eve 1989, which is soon after Hewitt left for Germany, so she could have been seeing him to spite Hewitt for leaving her alone, but I don't know when the affair with Gilbey started, because as far as I can tell she was seeing a lot of Hewitt in up to the time he left.

They had one phone conversation while he was in the Gulf, a call which he made from Richard Kay's satellite phone in his hotel. Kay and his photographer had gone out to observe and photograph the work of the Squadron. Hewitt rang his mother and also called Diana. It was during this conversation that Diana told James that she would love to marry him!

I'm not saying it should be ignored, just that to me "anonymous source"= "writer's imagination." Others will no doubt have a different opinion.

Cat

I just read the Dimbleby-book about Charles and it details how the media checked the contents of the Morton-book before it was serialised in the Sunday Times. So if it is an article and the article features "heavy" stuff, then the British media has a way to recheck sources, obviously. That's how the RF found out that Diana was behind the book - okay, back then nobody knew about the tapes, Morton made them only public after Diana's death but they knew that she had orchestrated the information to appear in the book. Robert Fellowes had asked her if she had had a part in it and she had told him no, so he believed her and acted accordingly - put him in serious trouble with the Rf and the media when it turned out that he had mislead them. Fellowes offered his resignation over that but the queen refused to accept. But I guess that was that when it came to "family relations" between Diana and her sister's husband.

There has been a lot of reports to suggest it does bother him at times. The After Diana book really details his trauma over the rumors...
Didn't they bump into one another at one of the clubs and Harry was very upset and left? :ermm:

As I understand the law in the UK, if a man and woman are married their children are considered to be the natural children of the couple so long as the husband accepts the child as his. DNA is very recent, and further proof was not considered necessary.

There is speculation that a number of earlier RF members were not actually of the male royal blood line - but that didn't stop the succession. I believe that Edward IV (the older brother of Richard III) was probably not his father's son and there other stories that are quite unable to be proved.

Hewitt went to Germany because his regiment moved there and he had the opportunity to undertake duties which would, hopefully, advance his career. He was to command at tank squadron and the squadron went to the Gulf from Germany. Diana was very angry with him for "letting her down" by leaving her to go where his career took him. She froze him out for a while and didn't return his calls, but then started calling again, and maintained regular contact after one occasion when a girl Hewitt had been seeing answered his phone!:lol: He had the chance to go back to England en route to Canada to observe manoeuvres two squadrons of The Life Guards were performing there. He stayed with Diana at Highgrove then and saw her once more for final goodbyes and declarations of love at the house of a friend before he finally left for the Gulf.

I can't work out precisely where Gilbey fits in to all this. We know they were an item by New Year's Eve 1989, which is soon after Hewitt left for Germany, so she could have been seeing him to spite Hewitt for leaving her alone, but I don't know when the affair with Gilbey started, because as far as I can tell she was seeing a lot of Hewitt in up to the time he left.

They had one phone conversation while he was in the Gulf, a call which he made from Richard Kay's satellite phone in his hotel. Kay and his photographer had gone out to observe and photograph the work of the Squadron. Hewitt rang his mother and also called Diana. It was during this conversation that Diana told James that she would love to marry him!

Thanks for all the infos, Roslyn. It makes everything clearer except perhaps for Gilbey. I would definitely have liked to know what Diana said to this girl answering Hewitt's phone :ROFLMAO:.

I didn't know that she was ready to marry him ?! :eek:

Thanks for all the infos, Roslyn. It makes everything clearer except perhaps for Gilbey. I would definitely have liked to know what Diana said to this girl answering Hewitt's phone :ROFLMAO:.

Well according to Hewitt in his book, after inquiring as to who the girl was, Diana said, "What the hell are you doing there?.....Get your hands off my man"!:lol:

I didn't know that she was ready to marry him ?! :eek:

Oh I doubt that in the cold harsh light of day she really was ready to marry him, though I wouldn't be surprised if she daydreamed about it. I think they probably got on well together and that he was good for her and in different circumstances they might have had a future. Though of course maybe if she wasn't Princess of Wales they mightn't have had cause to get together. We'll never know, but I think in the reality they found themselves in he did make her genuinely happy for a while.

Well according to Hewitt in his book, after inquiring as to who the girl was, Diana said, "What the hell are you doing there?.....Get your hands off my man"!:lol:

Hahaha . Excellent :ROFLMAO::lol:

Oh I doubt that in the cold harsh light of day she really was ready to marry him, though I wouldn't be surprised if she daydreamed about it. I think they probably got on well together and that he was good for her and in different circumstances they might have had a future. Though of course maybe if she wasn't Princess of Wales they mightn't have had cause to get together. We'll never know, but I think in the reality they found themselves in he did make her genuinely happy for a while.

I share your opinion, there would have been good chances for them to end up together. They had many things in common (except the love for horses and country-side although Diana did appreciate it when she was with him). Both weren't brilliant at school, came from a broken home and had apparently the same sense of humor. Moreover, Diana needed to be listened to and Hewitt didn't seem to be a great talker so he could have been a "cure" to her insecure personality.

Diana was very angry with him for "letting her down" by leaving her to go where his career took him. She froze him out for a while and didn't return his calls, but then started calling again, and maintained regular contact after one occasion when a girl Hewitt had been seeing answered his phone!:lol:
I listened to him on an afternoon radio programme (Steve Wright IIRC) and on the TV prog (CH5), he said that Diana never exactly 'broke it off', just refused his phone calls and never rang him. He said he believed it was on orders from Charles and HM. He was also refused admittance through the gates. This was all after he had returned from the Gulf and he really felt that part of it was because he was no longer an 'action hero'. It was also the tale he told whilst crying into his beer, so to speak. :flowers:

I listened to him on an afternoon radio programme (Steve Wright IIRC) and on the TV prog (CH5), he said that Diana never exactly 'broke it off', just refused his phone calls and never rang him. He said he believed it was on orders from Charles and HM. He was also refused admittance through the gates. This was all after he had returned from the Gulf and he really felt that part of it was because he was no longer an 'action hero'. It was also the tale he told whilst crying into his beer, so to speak. :flowers:

Ugh ... such an awful situation. I wouldn't have liked to be him in those moments. I wouldn't bear to be left like this without any explanation. I don't know what to think about HM or Charles avoiding her to contact or see him. For sure, I can't imagine Charles ordering that kind of restrictions. When Diana was with Hewitt, she wasn't on his back, so to speak. He was left alone and that didn't annoy him at all, on the contrary. For HM or another member of the RF, it's a little different. If some were horrified by the idea of the Princess of Wales having an affair with a major, they might have planned to do something ...

Sorry to disappoint you, but Tan Berry's picture is not a picture of Charles Spencer; it is a picture of Prince Harry as a child.

According to the Google image, that is a picture of Charles Spencer as a kid, everyone interested can check it. I agree that looks exactly like Harry as a kid, but it seems that they share many genes, they are relatives in the first degree.

Has anyone ever managed to know if Charles was related with Hewitt in any kind of way, like Diana was to Charles by William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire ?

Looking at the pictures you have posted, I am even more convinced that Harry bears NO resemblance to Charles or Johnny Spencer! :lol: I certainly don't think either of them look anything like James Hewitt.

I definitely don't believe Harry is James Hewitt's son. Were Diana and James Hewitt even in a relationship that early in the 1980s? And even on the extremely slight chance that the rumours have something to them, I feel sorry for Harry that this is even a subject of discussion. He went through enough in his young life to have to deal with speculation that he isn't the son of his only surviving parent (and supposedly instead the son of someone who's never shown any paternal feelings towards him).

And I can't see the supposed resemblance between Harry and James Hewitt. I do think that Harry looks like Charles, actually. They have similar close-set eyes and a narrow face. I also think Harry looks like Prince Philip, in the face and the lean build.

I don't actually look much like my mom or dad. Neither does my brother. Nor do we look strongly like each other! It's the same, for that matter, with some of my cousins and their siblings. Not every family has strong genetic resemblances to each other, I guess...but it can't be taken as a sign they're not related.

Last edited:
Ugh ... such an awful situation. I wouldn't have liked to be him in those moments. I wouldn't bear to be left like this without any explanation. I don't know what to think about HM or Charles avoiding her to contact or see him. For sure, I can't imagine Charles ordering that kind of restrictions. When Diana was with Hewitt, she wasn't on his back, so to speak. He was left alone and that didn't annoy him at all, on the contrary. For HM or another member of the RF, it's a little different. If some were horrified by the idea of the Princess of Wales having an affair with a major, they might have planned to do something ...

I read that Diana, Princess of Wales never spoke to Hewitt again after he went on a TV show. This was after his book, "Princess in Love" came out. If Diana was smart, she should not have frozen him out. He betrayed her because he was use to the good life from her and he ruined his army career. :flowers:

I read that Diana, Princess of Wales never spoke to Hewitt again after he went on a TV show. This was after his book, "Princess in Love" came out. If Diana was smart, she should not have frozen him out. He betrayed her because he was use to the good life from her and he ruined his army career. :flowers:

What's terrible actually is that, according to him, she never explained why she had dumped him. We can suppose that she heard about their affair being revealed to the press and got scared but did she realize the pain she may cause by cutting him off like that ?

Last edited:
What's terrible actually is that, according to him, she never explained why she had dumped him. We can suppose that she heard about their affair being revealed to the press and got scared but did she realize the pain she may cause by cutting him off like that ?

That was the way she was with everyone she dumped. I also read that she was getting bored with him. To this day I believe that Diana, Princess of Wales was a mentally sick person and this sickness clouded her judgement. :flowers:

Two great boys

I think that Harry´s most important resemblance is with his maternal grandfather. He can have, besides, some things from his father o paternal grandfather, like happens to everyone of us. But he is the son of Diana, anyway, and that is why, other than his personal charisma, I like him so much. William´s most important resemblance is with his maternal uncle, besides having many things from the other family, too. He has the smile and the elegance of his mother, and her extraordinary charisma, too. :)

Here's a "collage" I've made very quickly, just to have the faces of Charles, Hewitt, Harry and Charles Spencer on the same pic. For me, Harry looks totally like his dad, P. Charles.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 65411699pk0.jpg

I feel badly for Harry that this has become such a public thing. I can't imagine how that makes him feel.
Lexi

Here's a "collage" I've made very quickly, just to have the faces of Charles, Hewitt, Harry and Charles Spencer on the same pic. For me, Harry looks totally like his dad, P. Charles.

Sorry but....

Harry has a different jawline to both Charles and Spencer.
His Eyes are also differently set to both Charles & Spencer.
Ears not like Charles or Spencer.
Nose not like Charles or Spencer.

It is not possible, using your pictures to compare with James, as his is a side shot! :flowers:

Sorry but....

Harry has a different jawline to both Charles and Spencer.
His Eyes are also differently set to both Charles & Spencer.
Ears not like Charles or Spencer.
Nose not like Charles or Spencer.

It is not possible, using your pictures to compare with James, as his is a side shot! :flowers:

Okay, okay Sky. Here's a new one, with Hewitt on portrait :flowers:. But something tells me that it won't change your opinion :D.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 49933502je1.jpg

Last edited:
i have to say that i see absolutely no resemblance between harry and charles spencer other than the hair colour and no resemblance between harry and prince charles either. but restating my opinion - i think it's possible that hewitt could be his father but this doesn't mean that charles definitely isn't.

Thanks for putting this collage together so that we could all take a look.
I don't think Harry looks like hewitt at all. It doesn't even look like the same shade of red hair and anyway there is red hair on both the Spencer and Windsor families. Harry I think looks like prince Philip and he could almost be a twin of one of his cousins on his mothers side. I believe one of janes or sarahs son looks very much like Harry.

SNIPPED - and he could almost be a twin of one of his cousins on his mothers side. I believe one of janes or sarahs son looks very much like Harry.
Could that be that be because we do know that Diana and her siblings shared the same mother?

Back
Top Bottom